Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Panzergrenadier87

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:50 am Post subject: WaR Mods? Reply with quote

Hello all!

Aside from Firefox's upcoming Bridge Too Far mod, are there any other mods in the works for WaR?

I think it would be a real boon to rework some of the CC5 and CC4 mods out there to the WaR format - as many maps as one wants (up to 64) and improved AI would surely reinvent most games.

I'm still longing to find the time to make a mod, and eternally in debt to those who have/do!

Rock and roll.

"That man will not hang..."

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started on CCWAR BoS45 demo (conversion of CC5: BoS45 Demo)...it's 95% done...just needs some minor tweaks plus a bit of data update (some historical data revisions).
I'm waiting for the CCWAR official patch.
If a StratEdit alternative tool is available...there should be a CCWAR BoS45 not long after we (finally) release CC5: BoS45 ver 0.9.

Been busy with RL and non-CC stuff lately...so modding has been slow.

BTW, I like the CCWAR AI in urban map battles (75% of BoS45 maps)...very tough and brutal fighting!

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id, you say that you are working on a "CCWAR BoS45 demo (conversion of CC5: BoS45 Demo)". Does this mean that there is a CCWAR demo to use as the base for this? I hadn't heard of that.

... still really enjoying those screaming, close-in battles in the BoS45 demo!

Thanks!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

tripwire wrote:
squadleader_id, you say that you are working on a "CCWAR BoS45 demo (conversion of CC5: BoS45 Demo)". Does this mean that there is a CCWAR demo to use as the base for this? I hadn't heard of that.

... still really enjoying those screaming, close-in battles in the BoS45 demo!

Thanks!

There's no CCWAR Demo.
CCWAR BoS45 demo is based on CCWAR...but without a StratMap and just single battles.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1997282
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1997277

I hope you dont mind placing links to another forum. If you do, I can make same topics here but there will be double work.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: WaR Mods? Reply with quote

I have been working on importing TT's VetBoB into WAR.
I don't have a name for the Mod and while it may sound the same as Firefox's. It isnt the same.
I don't know if calling it VetBoB would be right as it might conflict with the CCIV version and don't want to take away from salhexe's vet mods he has done so a name is much needed.

Currently it does have the F.O.Air support.
(Some will probably consider the Mod too support heavy but it's use it at your discretion)
All files have been better organized.
(If you ever looked at his files you know what I mean,Everything is in order nice and neat)
Uses Sapa's Terrain Effects.
Many Vehicles re-colored and in most cases touched up.
All Vehicles will have there own wreck.
(Dependant on how many files the wrecks.azp can hold,currently unknown to me)
Adding a few new Vehicles.
A lot more units than what TT's Mod and Firefox's Mod has.Better depicts stronger/weaker units for the GC.
(Amount of Units WAR can hold is unknown to me)
Different ambiant sounds.
BG_Unit Icons have been redone to not have the blue background but rather the WAR green background.Some will be replaced and more will be added than the original Mod due to the expansion of these slots in WAR.
Will include the .OVM with Tree's but sized down for older computers.
Corrected many graphics.
New splash screen.
New Soldier Debrief screen with Medal discriptions added.
New Medals.
Corrected the graphics needed to display 25 slots in the Force Pools.
Looking into all new background graphics,but havent come up with anything nice yet.
Added/changed/relocated VL's on maps.Added VL's to better get the AI to advance.
Looking into more VL's on maps farther west to get the AI to be more agressive on the strat map.
Based on this approach. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2274568
3 new BG's but can't say at this time what/where. Smile
Touch ups to the Strategic Map.With a possible New strategic map in the works.
Adding the sub-plugins to play as Allies or Axis to the diffrent difficulty setting so you only have one download for H2H and playing against the A.I.(Havent started on this one yet but it is a goal and hopefully works the way TT's sub-plugins did for the A.I.).
Will include 3 different GC's 1 will be for H2H 1 for playing as Allies and 1 for playing as Axis.The game seems to have HUGE issues trying to get all BG's on the strategic map during a GC inmho.
And a huge but easy to use workbook for anyone who wishes to edit the Mod.
Other changes are going to be there for Vetrans but can't list at this time as it would ruin the inital play of the Mod but should be fun for the first few GC's.

Hopefully we will get an updated RTBTool as many graphics I can't fix without.
This is very much needed so I hope Steve is able to provide Mafi will ALL the needed info to edit/relocate ALL the gadgets within WAR and that Mafi is willing to update the RTBTool.
Case in point would be the ability to properly place the Allies and Axis graphics on the correct side for the Command screen and the debrief screen and to be able to properly display the amount of colored heads, the game currently displays 7 but the workbook will allow for 9 teams and also on the Soldier screen it only allows one to display 7 soldiers and there weapons.(Or is it 10 cant remember off the top of my head)This issue also shows up on the strategic screen.
A wish list from Matrix is to update the amount of sound files the game can have for more weapon sounds And the Ability to change the BG Commander Attributes during a GC rather than have the player do it. Also needed is the ability to display the BG Commanders Picture,not sure if the last patch fixed that?

So far the Mod runs very well with no more crashes through Bernards Mod installer.Last patch did nothing for me to have to change/fix the Mod in order to run so that saved a lot of time.
ETA is atleast a year if lucky and most likely 2 years.I can't see releasing anything untill a final patch for WAR is out.
But I should be able upload a Beta within a year or snail mail a CD to a few people I have in mind as I'm sure it could use a few extra eyes to spot any errors.
I still think I havent done the uniforms properly and really hope SquadLeader_ID will be willing to point me in the right direction.

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:29 pm Post subject: Re: WaR Mods? Reply with quote

Looking forward to it PM!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: WaR Mods? Reply with quote

Sounds nice! Looking forward to it Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: