Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GS_Schimpf,

You can edit the force pools for each difficulty level in the CC4 BGedit tool, but it would be a lot of work to do this for each seperate turn.
To save time i only did the veteran Vs Veteran difficulty and created vetmods for a tougher challange.

TT already used this system in his VetBoB mod, i just copied it from the CC4 modding master.

Playing on any difficulty level besides Vet vs Vet will cause weird force pools, so don't.

Aetius

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some image hero vs recruit Ai.
Think it's only an image error.

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aetius wrote:

Playing on any difficulty level besides Vet vs Vet will cause weird force pools, so don't.

Aetius

I've played many GC hero vs recruit Ai with TT's VetBob without errors in both sides german or allied.

Aetius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I never played the CC4 VetBoB mod on anything but Vet Vs Vet so it could be only an "image error".

The CC4 Kreta force pools are only entered for the vet Vs Vet level so playing on other settings might give strange results.

I remember that BGedit has a function to copy all force pools from one difficulty setting to another chosen difficulty setting, i might try this and make light changes to battlegroups in a future version of the mod.

Aetius

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mod Aetius, being a pure vs. AI so far it's the best I played! Smile

But...
A) -Anybody else noticed that German soldiers that surrenders disappears from the map, or is just my graphic file that is messed up? (They are there, but you can't see them... None mentioned it so I get a bit uncertain... Confused )
B) -The overall AI is great, but is it possible to do something about its "street fighting skill"? I'm having my own Arnhem up in Chania and the AI's attacks is like the charge of the light Brigade! Rolling Eyes
Only two reasons that I loose ground/soldiers; -his artillery and my lack of ammo.

Keep up the good work, you and the other have created a masterpiece here! :ok2

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Woulf73 wrote:

But...
A) -Anybody else noticed that German soldiers that surrenders disappears from the map, or is just my graphic file that is messed up? (They are there, but you can't see them... None mentioned it so I get a bit uncertain... Confused )

AFAIK surrendering soldiers are only visible when they're within LOS of friendly units...otherwise they disappear.

Aetius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Woulf73,

Quote:
B) -The overall AI is great, but is it possible to do something about its "street fighting skill"? I'm having my own Arnhem up in Chania and the AI's attacks is like the charge of the light Brigade!
Only two reasons that I loose ground/soldiers; -his artillery and my lack of ammo.

Unfortunately changing the AI "street fighting skill", attack patterns and "intelligence" can't be changed.

Aetius

xristar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, nice mod; I played a little and looks excellent.
My notices: the greeks didn't have any Hotchkiss M1924/29. They had the Hotchkiss M1922/26 instead.
Additionally, they had a couple of Mannlicher carbines and a grenade launcher as well in every squad. This second comment of course is valid for main greek army, and the greek forces in Crete weren't such, so I suppose one can assume their composition was simpler.
A bug?: I nstalled the greek voices plugin, but that changes the voices of all allied troops into greek. Is that a problem of CCIV or of the mod only? (-cause in CCV more languages can be used for the same side)

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a problem with the greek arty. It just blows my army away, without a chance.

Aetius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My notices: the greeks didn't have any Hotchkiss M1924/29. They had the Hotchkiss M1922/26 instead.
Additionally, they had a couple of Mannlicher carbines and a grenade launcher as well in every squad. This second comment of course is valid for main greek army, and the greek forces in Crete weren't such, so I suppose one can assume their composition was simpler.

Info on the Greek army and it's equipement was really hard to find, especialy since i can't read Greek.
So any info you might have would be more than welcome.

Quote:
A bug?: I nstalled the greek voices plugin, but that changes the voices of all allied troops into greek. Is that a problem of CCIV or of the mod only? (-cause in CCV more languages can be used for the same side)

I didn't know more languages could be used for the same side in CC5, i'll have to check this but it would surprise me if this is the case.
In CC4 there is only 1 allied voice file and 2 german voice files (1 in german and 1 in english with german accent).

Quote:
I just have a problem with the greek arty. It just blows my army away, without a chance.

The arty observers in the Greek force pools are the same teams as in the other creforce force pools.
Are you playing the vetmod?
If so, the creforce arty teams are devastating, to make it very tough for the german side

Aetius

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

xristar wrote:

That's not a bug...limitation of the CCIV engine.
CCIV and CCV can only handle 3 voices files...1 for Allies and 2 for Axis (ie: Germans can speak English or German).

xristar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
xristar wrote:

That's not a bug...limitation of the CCIV engine.
CCIV and CCV can only handle 3 voices files...1 for Allies and 2 for Axis (ie: Germans can speak English or German).

ah, thanks, I didn't know that. I suspected that there must've been an engine limitation, but didn't know that detail about axis and allies.

xristar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aetius wrote:
Quote:

Info on the Greek army and it's equipement was really hard to find, especialy since i can't read Greek.
So any info you might have would be more than welcome.
Aetius

I'd like to help, but I don't actually know much myself. I'm Greek, so
I know some details of the Greek army, but not more than that that many people already know. Depends on what you seek.

Have been playing the mod, and I noticed that MMGs are quite ineffective. To be honest, I relied much on them when playing regular CC, and makes me feel slightly out of my waters.

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xristar,

Mostly information on weapons, rifle's, LMG's, SMG's, HMG's that Greek forces on Crete would have used.

Quote:
Have been playing the mod, and I noticed that MMGs are quite ineffective. To be honest, I relied much on them when playing regular CC, and makes me feel slightly out of my waters.

I used a lot of soldier and weapons data from TT's VetBoB, this makes infantry generaly harder to kill.

Aetius

xristar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi xristar,

Mostly information on weapons, rifle's, LMG's, SMG's, HMG's that Greek forces on Crete would have used.

I came across this document in the internet, which is pretty much as detailed as one could ask.

Aetius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xristar,

Thank you very much for your help, but when i want to open or download the document, it says there's an error in the document that can't be repaired.

Could you put the pdf document in attach of your post?

Thanks in advance

Aetius

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pdf work for me here upload

GreekGroundForcesinCreteandTheirSmallArmsrev.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GreekGroundForcesinCreteandTheirSmallArmsrev.zip
 Filesize:  97.81 KB
 Downloaded:  565 Time(s)

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for attaching it salhexe, got it now.

Aetius

Von Manstein

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aetius, please. Does Kreta's mod work with the same ports of CCV or it needs more or different ports? I can't connect via IP. First, the connection (a good ADSL line) is aborted a few seconds after the connectiont. In the subsecuents intents, my friend didn't see the game in his screen (doesn't appear the game creatted for me: I'm the host) At the end we tried with the Close Combat WAR and we played without problems...

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Aetius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Von Manstein,

The mod hasn't been tested H2H via IP and i personaly never played this way either CC4 or CC5.
It should probabaly work the same way as stock CC4, can you unisntall the Kreta mod and try playing stock CC4 via IP.

Aetius

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: