Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Astonvallio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:30 am Post subject: distance Reply with quote

The cooperation between infantry and tanks is one of the most important matter in this game..... but what's the best way to use it?
Most players put their infantry in front of the tank to spot the enemy (i do the same) but if the tank is too distant they are very vulnerable! (a well placed MG can kill all of them).
If the tank is too close to the infantry, an AT gun could not be spotted in time and easily destroy the tank.
So what are yours suggestions? At what distance a tank must follow his infantryman?
What's your tactic when you are in open fields and you don't know where the enemy is?

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A field as open as the one above?

I'd send a sniper or a very small team across first, to see what they could see.

... and I wouldn't think twice about beating a hasty retreat; as hasty, that is, as you can crawl.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people use bait. For example, this field that you must cross is covered by ATGs, so you pick a MG Car to "move fast" through the field. An inexperienced opponent will start shooting it thereby revelealing some of his positions.

Buron is a difficult map to attack into. If you don't have cars to waste bring in your less valuable tanks. Always have a couple teams of mortars numbered and ready to shoot at as soon as an enemy ATG shows up. Its the quickest supresing fire you will have.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

hanjump

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In Normandy Area, usually you will find so called "boccage" (is my spelling correct?) lined up along the road. I would send some infantry to sneak all the way under the cover of these to cover one side of a farm rather than to have any of my units performing suiside mission crossing the open field. As long as tank gunners can see the destination area, I would prefer to have my valuable tanks well positioned and remain hidden while infantry do the scouting job all by themselves. If there are some suspicious spots that the enemy could deploy an ATG or MG team, one tank should slowly maneuver to a far point in the map with direct line of sight to this location (to ensure safety there should be at least a 200-300m distance) and fire a few rounds at it.

Always shoot before asking any questions.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: