Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
DarkScipio

Rep: 6.4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:15 am Post subject: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

So I am planing to work on a new mod. I have done such things before, but for other games and I know it takes a long time.

But I have a lot of questions:
- I once had some modding workbooks, but I cant find them anymore (already googled and searched the forum).
- Is it possible to have different Infantry graphics for each side and for different battlegroups/squads/squadmembers
- Is it possible to make crew members that cant survive/exit?
- How many animations do I need per Infantry-sprite?
- I saw a helikopter somewhere, so flying vehicles/infantry are possible?
- Is it possible to have weapons display for example laserbeams?

http://www.therainforestsite.com
Click to help the rainforest. Only one second per Day.
http://www.dieregenwaldseite.de

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

need any help doing the sound?

I'm an engineer and thought it might be intersting to help out doing the audio for a mod....(possibly!)

My Gamer Blog

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

I know this is several months old.. so Id have to asdk, "Are you still looking to make a mod?"

Quote:
- I once had some modding workbooks, but I cant find them anymore (already googled and searched the forum).

Guides for using tools did you look in DL section? There are alot of guides with them. If you are using any of Mafis tools, his website has comprehensive guides on how to use them.

Quote:

- Is it possible to have different Infantry graphics for each side and for different battlegroups/squads/squadmembers

The unit displays on both sides can be changed.

Quote:

- Is it possible to make crew members that cant survive/exit?

Not sure what you mean  by this!

Quote:
How many animations do I need per Infantry-sprite?

You can recolour exisiting animations with established tools. To actually redraw each sprtie by sprite I believe means hundreds of graphics. Even the most nit picky modder out there has opted to simply recolour. To my knowledge, which could be wrong, nobody has done it in a mod.

Quote:
- I saw a helikopter somewhere, so flying vehicles/infantry are possible?

For CC3 there are mods with this, of course for CC4 and 5 there are air strikes so you could replace all these graphics with a helicopter or whatever.

Quote:
- Is it possible to have weapons display for example laserbeams?

For the pictures of the weapon itself on set up screen and bottom on the screen in game? Yes, they can be changed to whatever you want.

PM me if you want to discuss further.

DarkScipio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 pm Post subject: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.

I meant it is possible to do vehicles with crews that cant exit on destruction?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 am Post subject: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

Command crews can be controlled after they bail out of a vehicle, all other crews are considered too shaken up to take further orders for the rest of the battle. So you just need to change/make the vehicle type to a command type....

The CC Excel workbook will show you the column you need to edit and what value to put in.

DarkScipio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Command crews can be controlled after they bail out of a vehicle, all other crews are considered too shaken up to take further orders for the rest of the battle. So you just need to change/make the vehicle type to a command type....

The CC Excel workbook will show you the column you need to edit and what value to put in.

Thanks, I knew that but my question is the other way around: Is it possible to do crew that can NOT exit/survive on destruction?

Three other questions:

- Possbile to do Close Combat squads, with wich the AI tries to bring into close combat?
- Possible to manipulate the chances to get soldiers going berserk?
- Possible to get a Close Combat weapon on vehicles?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

You can not make it so that a crew is automatically killed if/when there vehicle brews up, the game determines who gets out. At that they are not controllable if regular troops or are if command.

Close Combat squads should be possible. Give them very short range weapons thus they can not start firing from a distance and probably very high morale so that they can close on the enemy without breaking easily.

Not sure how the game determines how the game determines who goes berserk, but you can control experience and morale which would be part of the calculation.

Close combat weapon on a vehicle, can't think of why not. Tanks can already drive over soldiers now....

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Reply with quote

In original CC II some German tanks were fitted with these close combat fragmentation weapons which they could fire from inside.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: