Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:34 am Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

Be cool to have mods that would work on either game!!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 am Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
CCS has torrents for mods, have I missed something while playing Crysis?

No you havent missed anything. Business as usual on this site, can't see and change of direction in the near or far future.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 am Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Be cool to have mods that would work on either game!!!

Wouldn't that be automatic since with the upcoming patches, both CCWAR and CCTLD will be using the same build?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:59 am Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

If that is the change in the next patch that is a great for mod makers and owners of either WAR and or TLD....

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 am Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

I'm just guessing from the teaser screenshots of unreleased patched CCWAR menus...and that night battle screenie.

ogrando

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Once the next patch is done for WAR what reason would anyone have to buy tLD?

One could basically mod WAR into tLD.........right?
What drastic differances are there that would excite someone about buying tLD?

And what a crappy promotion for free games CCS has here when a guy can't even get a link for a free game.It's been 2 days now and NO link for free tLD.

You guys suck  Laughing

Quote:
well...saying that... what reason is there to buy WaR... one could just mod tLD into WaR...right?

What reason was there to buy CC4 once CC5 was released?

None.. as CC5 had more features and you could mod CC4 into CC5.

At S3T we've  planned to keep WaR relevant and keep updated with new features as they become available rather than let it be left behind and unloved like CC4.

Now for CoI and CCMT.

And TLD have night battles too

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

Quote:
Ethical dilemas for a website.
promoting piracy to drive website traffic click click = $$

yeah, ethic dilemas...c'mon,you just jelous that CCS doesn't promote you and your products.

everyone not promoting schreck and his products is promoting piracy... how hard to live these days Smile

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: CCS promotes piracy Reply with quote

yeh... get back on the Vodka
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
get back on the Vodka

nah, i prefer rum Smile

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:14 pm Post subject: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Suckers.......

Do any of you actually believe that Matrix or S3T are gonna put the effort into importing Kreta or VeTBoB 1.12 like they will with the mods from CCV?

I don't.
But hey,maybe well get Lucky and it i'll be on the "To Do List" just like the maps weve been waiting for since Oct. of 2008

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

It's not their job to import mods. They just need to work on the next patch (fix what's currently broken). The A.I. is still pathetic, and needs to be fixed (they don't even capture VL's).

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:03 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

This thread as some of you are no doubt wondering....... "WHY is this needed"

Is my response to the MASSIVE lack of Customer Support that is being shown to paying customers for WAR.

It has been 1 year since WAR came out and we STILL dont have a patch to correct the maps,but we got tLD and we got people working on converting mods from CCV for tLD.
And I would even be willing to bet that if ABTF is next there working on that as well.
If thats not enough to piss one off how about having to wait for tLD to get a patch before WAR does?

I know this isnt the site that gets a response from Matrix so I started one over there.
But this site see's it's better share of long time fans of CC inmho.

Your right Digs it's not their job to import mods,but their doing it arent they?
There doing that instead of correcting WAR.

On March 22 2009 AT_Stalky had been able to recode 10 maps for WAR,
but as of Oct.17 2009 Matrix or S3T hasent been able to release ANYTHING! in the way of fixing them.
The patch's we have gotten for WAR were for fixes that INMHO were found by people who PURCHASED the game, NOT people who BETA tested it.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2270237

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

We need to leave out a piece of cheese for Schrecken.  Wink

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Schrecken probably removed the picture because he doesnt like how I split threads into separate topics making him the original poster. Oh well!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

I would be more than willing to bet that the screenshot was only posted to steal the thunder from Kojusoki who was looking to import the GJS mod and looking for help in doing it.

Why it was removed I have no idea, either you are right about it due to the new thread OR was removed because of my response about them working on mods.

It was stated that fixing the WAR maps was on "Jims" to do list.
I am assuming that’s JimR2M creator of the Africa '40-'41 mod for CCV,
Do any of you believe that importing THAT mod hasn’t either already been started or completed yet?before fixing any of the WAR maps.

If so that puts it as 3 mods being worked on for tLD BEFORE fixing the maps for WAR.

It was also stated that:
At S3T we've  planned to keep WaR relevant and keep updated with new features as they become available rather than let it be left behind and unloved like CC4.

And how is that being done?
Adding Night Effects?
Making mods to be universal from WAR andtLD?As suggested by Tejszd.
(I doubt that will happen as it creates a loss of income)

Sorry,
But by not creating a strat map that resembled the "Bulge" with poor connections.
was the 1st mistake.
Adding the total BG's to 64 and NOT making full use of that was the 2nd mistake
The Maps?
That was the icing on the cake to forever Doom WAR to be just like CCIV.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

The only way WAR will ever be able to stay on pace with the likes of what CCV did and how your doing tLD would be to have a Hürtgen Forest and The Roer River Dams created.
Only by updating WAR by those means and keeping it focused around the area of the Bulge will people be excited about owning WAR.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

I like the idea of a hurtgen/roer expansion.

What do you reckon, $15.00 per expansion pack?

Interesting, though flawed, theory on mods meaning a loss in income.... sounds very zabouliesque.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

An expansion pack is an idea,but hopefully it's not another project you'll start before fixing the WAR maps though.
It's been ONE year schrecken,Is that not enough time already?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

You should ask matrixgames, they control the levers allocating resources.... why are you posting such nonsense here, no one from matrix visits this site... unless posts regarding copyright breaches are noticed.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:15 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

So you can take the time to point out copyright breaches from here to Matrix, but you can't report back how discouraged people are about the product? And then when someone speaks up about it you call it nonsense!

That’s how you want to be perceived?

The thread is indeed over at Matrix displaying my disgust with the lack of customer support, but it does no good when only one person is willing to speak up. Hence the reason it’s here too.

I find it very hard to believe that im the only one here, who is angry with this lack of support,

And you can't figure out why people are looking for a Torrents version of the game instead of paying for it?
I don't have tLD because I can't afford it,I don't have it because of the lack of respect Matrix shows for it's customers.

In the credits for WAR you schrecken are listed as the project manager under the S3T credits.
Under the Matrix credits you are listed as CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: