Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
How did it compare to the other mods you've done Mooxe?

could i please reply to you, as the guy who filled cells for at least 3 major CC mods that are still more popular in the community that any of your products?
1.Comparing to do mods in CC5 - WaR/TLD moding sux big cock.
2.Your whole idea is outdated. You, personally, as the guy in charge(at least it seems so) making the re-releases, had pushed CC, in generally, far away to the past.
3.Yeah, i know that our friend could appear soon talking of new features that are really great IMO. But why none of your products have used any of new features besides night combat?
4.To sum, you guys having all the code and things and knowing that x+y=Z have never understood what Z is in practice and that's why you just do NOT understand what all the community talking about..

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

I don't agree with lumping the recent whine&moan thread started by PM here with the rest of this junk...why not just change of thread subject?  Idea

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:13 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Squad,
we are in Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard, so who cares Wink

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Yer right, Dima!
I guess by burying these posts in the Graveyard...the Matrix guys are smiling even wider now  Laughing

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Did I move it too soon? Its not a conspiracy though...

Matrix is best at re-releasing old games, Close Combat is not the only one. Thats what they do. Fire and forget.

If I was a modder I would just continue with the originals. The people who will appreciate the mods the most, and play them, are those players who started with the originals. These rereleases are just torture. The S3T team is not big enough, some of them are modders will thier own side lined projects of converting thier own mods. The only clear direction they have is to patch and work on OMG. Most of that focus seems to be on making historically accurate maps and coding them. Well IMO maps do not make a mod, its the data, and the bugs.

Does anyone really care of GJS gets converted? I dont, I have been playing it for years and having it available for TLD is pretty much worthless. A duplication of work, a misdirection of effort.

Anyways rant rant rant, the rereleases will continue to be torture.

Oh and why do S3T members will still continue to tag me as some lead conspirator whenever these threads flare up. The real truth is, were just a bunch of unhappy customers led by a common interest. So stop being so paranoid.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:54 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Seems you mole is still active :)

But... Everyone has their own agenda, that's human nature.

Your path is a simple one... stay playing CC5, then you won't be tortured... apart from crashes and lack of new features.

No one is forcing you to buy... and new players get to experience CC at it's best... so everyone should be happy.

Does anyone care if GJS is converted?.... only those that keep posting they want it converted  :)

I wonder how big Dima's community is?   LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:55 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Luck though... Moles are blind    Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:10 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

If I was a modder I would just continue with the originals.

er... which you're not?  So your opionion counts for...

mooxe wrote (View Post):

The people who will appreciate the mods the most*, and play them, are those players who started with the originals. These rereleases are just torture. The S3T team is not big enough, some of them are modders will thier own side lined projects of converting thier own mods. The only clear direction they have is to patch and work on OMG. Most of that focus seems to be on making historically accurate maps and coding them. Well IMO maps do not make a mod, its the data, and the bugs.

you sound like the boss of the US patent office in 1900 "everything that will be invesnted has already been invented"  And whats this longing for the same old maps adnauseum, can anyone say pet maps?  One of the strength of Close combat is the relative ease at which new maps can be made.   Look at Cc3 over 500 dfedicated maps... and you'd rather stick with the original 30 odd?  crap!  Surely the basis behind any wargame be it computerised or lead soldiers and dice is using the troops at your disposal to overcome the enemy in different terrain?  Oh to hell with it, lets delete all the maps from CCS and just use aerial images of parking lots, thats all we need apparently.

*  people who appreciate the mods the most????   Who?  You and your ilk?   On the contary; people who appreciate the mods the most are those new to the game and thrilled by it.  Those who brought in by the new releases not bored grumpy old hacks for whom nothing is ever good enough

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Does anyone really care of GJS gets converted? I dont, I have been playing it for years and having it available for TLD is pretty much worthless. A duplication of work, a misdirection of effort.

yeah except the extra map slots that someone may wish to fill, the extra BG slots and considering anyone doing it is doing it on their own time I guess really its up to them eh?

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Easily solved don't buy it, don't torrent it, if you never see it the torment should be so much less.  You will know it's out there which will of course cause moments of blind terror and pain but there are medications to ease that.  But even as i write this i know you won't be able to hold yourself back, you'll get it legally or illegally.   Actually you notice how much of the ranting is coming from the whiners and naysayers?

And lets face it "the rereleases will continue to be torture?"   What if they were simple mods based on the old games made by the same people?  Would they be torture then?   Is the torture the fact that once you hoped to get a hold of the CC code and profit from it?  Do I hear Brando screaming "I coulda been a contender!"  Welcome to Polkaville!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0waNRaz6wU

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Is there any other Matrix Games worth playing, besides Korsun Pocket?.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

If I was a modder I would just continue with the originals.

er... which you're not?  So your opionion counts for...

mooxe wrote (View Post):

The people who will appreciate the mods the most*, and play them, are those players who started with the originals. These rereleases are just torture. The S3T team is not big enough, some of them are modders will thier own side lined projects of converting thier own mods. The only clear direction they have is to patch and work on OMG. Most of that focus seems to be on making historically accurate maps and coding them. Well IMO maps do not make a mod, its the data, and the bugs.

you sound like the boss of the US patent office in 1900 "everything that will be invesnted has already been invented"  And whats this longing for the same old maps adnauseum, can anyone say pet maps?  One of the strength of Close combat is the relative ease at which new maps can be made.   Look at Cc3 over 500 dfedicated maps... and you'd rather stick with the original 30 odd?  crap!  Surely the basis behind any wargame be it computerised or lead soldiers and dice is using the troops at your disposal to overcome the enemy in different terrain?  Oh to hell with it, lets delete all the maps from CCS and just use aerial images of parking lots, thats all we need apparently.

*  people who appreciate the mods the most????   Who?  You and your ilk?   On the contary; people who appreciate the mods the most are those new to the game and thrilled by it.  Those who brought in by the new releases not bored grumpy old hacks for whom nothing is ever good enough

mooxe wrote (View Post):

yeah except the extra map slots that someone may wish to fill, the extra BG slots and considering anyone doing it is doing it on their own time I guess really its up to them eh?

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Easily solved don't buy it, don't torrent it, if you never see it the torment should be so much less.  You will know it's out there which will of course cause moments of blind terror and pain but there are medications to ease that.  But even as i write this i know you won't be able to hold yourself back, you'll get it legally or illegally.   Actually you notice how much of the ranting is coming from the whiners and naysayers?

And lets face it "the rereleases will continue to be torture?"   What if they were simple mods based on the old games made by the same people?  Would they be torture then?   Is the torture the fact that once you hoped to get a hold of the CC code and profit from it?  Do I hear Brando screaming "I coulda been a contender!"  Welcome to Polkaville!

Dont assume your opinion is worth anything! Btw thanks for coming back, I knew the mole bait would get to you.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Did I move it too soon? Its not a conspiracy though...

Matrix is best at re-releasing old games, Close Combat is not the only one. Thats what they do. Fire and forget.

If I was a modder I would just continue with the originals. The people who will appreciate the mods the most, and play them, are those players who started with the originals. These rereleases are just torture. The S3T team is not big enough, some of them are modders will thier own side lined projects of converting thier own mods. The only clear direction they have is to patch and work on OMG. Most of that focus seems to be on making historically accurate maps and coding them. Well IMO maps do not make a mod, its the data, and the bugs.

Oh and why do S3T members will still continue to tag me as some lead conspirator whenever these threads flare up. The real truth is, were just a bunch of unhappy customers led by a common interest. So stop being so paranoid.

Mooxe is right, and I for the longest time denied the truth becuase I didnt know better.

The reality is Dima is probably right or not too far off when he says his mods are more popular than the rerleases. If the numbers are even close to each other, then its an embarrassment to the professionals who charged for the game, regardless if Dimas product is free. Because the CC community is so dedicated, its my opinion that if the paid product was good enough, people WOULD buy and not complain. The fact you dont see any sales data, simple number to show the rerelease sales speaks volumes.  

Halo 3 ODST is nothing more than a mod with a couple of simply enhacements, but is a damn good product. In comparason the CC Rerleases have been as thin as piss on a hot pan. Now while Bungie has big piles of money behind them compared to Matrix/3ST, well Bungie isnt trying to deny what thier product is, a mod... unlike 3ST who call them rereleases when it suits them to play down dissapointment but then cant really back its worth with so little frills added. Simtek and 3ST are guys who were modders who got a chance to make money on thier hobbies, and this at one point included me. And guess what happens when modders/hackers get invovled with games professional?? Hmm... there not too professional looking now arent they? Leave out Blood, who is a true professional.

About 4 years ago the CCS became the site active CCer went to to play the game. The CSO became a developpers area. Then disconnect began there. The CSO and me at the time shoudl have listened more to the CCS faithful and thus dug not only its own grave, but a shallow one where were stuck in a Dante-Infernoesque limbo with these weak rereleases.

Look at Matrixes forums for the 'new generation of CCers' who buy the rerelease and look at these forums... see activivty, see comments, see how ther new Matrix faithful make 5 posts then move on to a new game the following week. While the rest of us who love the game get to see this crap happen.

Youd think at least one person would have enough business sence to think if they made something the die hard wants they might make a superior product and make more money.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Don't be too hard on them, Sbufkle.
The guys worked hard on these re-releases for free...as volunteers...for the love of the game  Twisted Evil  Wink  Rolling Eyes

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:51 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

From the fortune Tellers and Diviners

10     As lower down my sight descended on them,
11   Wondrously each one seemed to be distorted
12   From chin to the beginning of the chest;

13   For tow'rds the reins the countenance was turned,
14   And backward it behoved them to advance,
15   As to look forward had been taken from them.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

No matter what one brings forward about the re-releases S3T always have an
Excuse,
an Alibi.
or preach some crap that just doesnt make sense.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

or, more correctly, some pertinant information

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:16 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

One thing is a sucess do...the rerelase has scared away some of the "old" modders from the game and isnt this what Atomic wanted?  Wink

Mats

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
One thing is a sucess do...the rerelase has scared away some of the "old" modders from the game and isnt this what Atomic wanted?  Wink

Mats

Good point, the Z man never liked modders!

Yes well 3ST is its poor product has for sure made mods for its version pretty well a dead issue....

I mea does anyone buy the crap that Simtek and now 3ST has sold the community to basically buy its crap becuase SOEMTHING BIG IS COMING!! Oh ah sure! Well after 4 years or so, its clear that was a carrot being dangled as they walk you off a cliff...

So, how many units did they sell of any Rerelease?? Not even 10,000??? I guess theyll target the CC2 community next to fleece..

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
So you can take the time to point out copyright breaches from here to Matrix, but you can't report back how discouraged people are about the product? And then when someone speaks up about it you call it nonsense!

Yeah, so much for Rutkin's imaginary "games as a luxury" Very Happy . Also, let's not forget about cutting off CC communities outside the fairyland with their retarded pricing Very Happy .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

The price is a joke ($50)
Brand new games for the XBOX are $60

I think the text files are better than BGEdit.
I used to hate BGEdit.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: