Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

You're the one fucking her, so you should know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote

Plz delete Smile

Last edited by Dima on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:12 am Post subject: Re: Newbie looking for input Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Of CC re-releases TLD is probably the best bet right now.

COI - is a series of operations on the Eastern Front like CC3 but has limited changes from it
WAR - follows a single battle and takes CC4/CC5 improving upon it by fixing bugs and adding a few features; BG can't move without fuel, BG's can be forced to retreat, etc.
TLD - follows a single battle and takes WAR improving upon it by adding a few features;  random entry VL for paratroopers, night battles, etc.
LSA - follows a single battle and takes TLD improving upon it by adding the most new features; blowing bridges, BG stacking, ability for troops to run under a bridge and on a bridge, ability to set specific entry VL's for BG's in the scenario editor for a single battle, etc. .  Probably will become the best CC with another patch...

Tejszd You’re an insider of the CC-developer team, or has been, right..

The law:
Your often bashing the law book in peoples heads, when you suspect pirating etc.
I have no idea about the consumer laws in your nation, but here in Europe there are rules how business and there agents may communicate with consumers.

If the person asking is an consumer:
If the consumer/fan would want Matrix games advice about the CC-products im sure he would have gone to matrix forum and asked there. And if an agent at Matrix forum who's wearing a matrix avatar answer him there is nothing wrong with that. As the consumer know that he’s in the dragons den, and the avatar clearly shows who’s talking..  

Fan and consumer sites in general:
This site (CCS) is a consumer side community, where consumers and fans communicate and share information with each others.
The general idea is when a consumer/fan posts here they expect another fan to reply. The fan can then expect the answer to be unbiased.
The fans do not expect a matrix agent camouflaged as a consumer to answer there questions about what to buy or not.

An example:
Tejszd, lets say you had thoughts about buying a special brand of a car, and you wasn’t sure what or not to buy. You might have posted a question about that in a car-forum owned by consumers, right.  Lets say that an undercover agent for that brand answers your question, would that have been what you wanted and expected?
The same thing apply here mate. Please consider that.

Classic examples of an sales pitch and unbiased information:
.LSA--  Probably will become the best CC with another patch...

Grate! The 23:rd patch will fix it all. Another promise from the CC-developer team, I think I buy LSA now. Oh, my mistake, I dint read the fine print “probably”:  that makes all the difference, doesn’t it.

tejszd.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.55 KB
 Viewed:  838814 Time(s)

tejszd.jpg

bernd_nowak

Rep: 11.5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie looking for input Reply with quote

I can't see why the re-releases are getting attacked that badly. They tried there best to fix some errors and make it better. For sure they did make money but we're not talking about big money. Tejszd is also one of the guys behind the mod Meuse which has a version of 3.4.

I would not have been able to tell the differences like Tejszd and from my understanding he's right with his listing.

Sure an open sourced CC would have been great. It isn't open sourced, still closed and some community members like Tejszd tried to help make it a good product. For what reason there are still errors in it. There are some which might know the current schedule. And I would rather see some member of current CC developer posting progress here then @ Matrix. IMO  Wink

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie looking for input Reply with quote

bernd_nowak wrote (View Post):
I can't see why the re-releases are getting attacked that badly. :

I can’t see that I have “attacked” the re-releases in this thread, at least up to this point?  
Though I explained in grate detail that a consumer should be able to ask questions in a fan forum about what cc-game to buy or not to buy, without being approached by an  ”undercover agent” from the company who’s product is debated.

They tried there best to fix some errors and make it better.  

Yes, tried.. No argue about that. ... How many patches did you say? Try, try again...

For sure they did make money but we're not talking about big money.    

Yes, what does that have to do with this question?

Tejszd is also one of the guys behind the mod Meuse which has a version of 3.4.

And BO, but what does that have to do with anything? Is this a question where the fan ask what mod to download or?? what is this thread about? ?  

Sure an open sourced CC would have been great.

Would it? Why? I say that a high quality CC-game would be grate!      

I would not have been able to tell the differences like Tejszd and from my understanding he's right with his listing.  

Yeh, maybe so. The consumers and fans should have made lists with there observations and thoughts. It becomes a bit strange when a person involved with a Matrix CC-game development answering posts about what to buy or not in a fan forum.. Is he objective? Is he biased? no? Might there be a problem here?  

It isn't open sourced, still closed and some community members like Tejszd tried to help make it a good product.

Yeh he tried, though there’s questions about how successful it been? But that’s debatable. I suppose there will be yet another such debate here. But such debate should be amongst CONSUMERS not between CONSUMER and undercover agents from Matrix game development, no?

For what reason there are still errors in it.    

But he failed to mentioned that in his little list he made… See what i mean..

There are some which might know the current schedule.  

LOL, yes, CCMT was released in 2007 its still in its same miserable state as when it was released! LOL, 4 years… or is it 5 years later, and its still sold by Matrix!

And I would rather see some member of current CC developer posting progress here then @ Matrix. IMO  Wink

What? Why would there be a problem when the developer team post updates, technical assistance and information here, who has opposed that? We can fined numerous threads where they do just that and NON have issues with it.
But when someone, a consumer, asking in a fan forum if to buy or not to buy a product from matrix, then the consumer is asking OTHER consumers what there opinion is. And im sure they don’t want an undercover agent from Matrix games to answer that question..  

If you asked a question about what car to buy, lets say in a consumer owned car forum. And you would get an answer from an undercover agent from a car manufacturing company would you think that was ok?    

/S

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie looking for input Reply with quote

whoa whoa whoa.... was no need to derail this thread so quickly. Will be moving these posts to the trainwrecks.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

bernd_nowak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie looking for input Reply with quote

Sorry if it sounded harsh. Not meant to be.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:37 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

AT_Stalky, you attacked me for answering someone's question.

Though Pathojake asked specifically about the re-releases so I answered him with a quick description of the game and the changes Matrix made to each. LSA does have the most features but needs at least one more patch thus I actually said, "TLD is probably the best bet right now" but people have different tastes which could affect that (don't like snow maps, want British troops, want Russian troops, etc.).

I was a CC fan and member of this site long before I did some testing on the re-releases for Matrix thus I can answer as a fan of the game.

As for pirating you are right I do not think it is right.

Edit: for reference here is the original thread showing the question and answer I provided; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9370

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

AT_Stalky, you attacked me for answering someone's question.

If true, I suppose you wouldn't mind telling us, which part of this definition is applicable, in your recent "experience" with Stalky.

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON TEJSZD, MATRIX, OR ANY OTHER MEDIA PIRATE.  Laughing

at·tack (-tk)
v. at·tacked, at·tack·ing, at·tacks
v.tr.
1. To set upon with violent force.
2. To criticize strongly or in a hostile manner.
3. To start work on with purpose and vigor: attack a problem.
4. To begin to affect harmfully: a disease that attacks the central nervous system.
v.intr.
To make an attack; launch an assault: The enemy attacked during the night.
n.
1. The act or an instance of attacking; an assault.
2. An expression of strong criticism; hostile comment: vicious attacks in all the newspapers.
3. Sports
a. An offensive action in a sport or game.
b. The players executing such an action.
a. The initial movement in a task or undertaking: made an optimistic attack on the pile of paperwork.
b. A method or procedure: Our attack on this project will have two phases.
5. An episode or onset of a disease, especially an occurrence of a chronic disease: an asthma attack.
6. The experience or beginning of a feeling, need, or desire: an attack of hunger; an attack of melancholy.
a. Music The beginning or manner of beginning a piece, passage, or tone.
b. Decisiveness and clarity in artistic expression: a careful performance, but one lacking the rigorous attack the work demands.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

First: The a bow post is right on the nail.

Second:
I was a CC fan and member of this site long before I did some testing on the re-releases for Matrix thus I can answer as a fan of the game.  

You know, a judge may want to be the judge in his own son’s case. The judge can argue that he was a fan of the law before he became a father, and in your analogy that would make the judge unbiased. But if he’s not a god like creature there is always that grinding doubt?  No?

In most cases where there might be a problem with conflict of interests there is either explicit rules or laws regulating this, or it’s a general practice that people should know they might be biased and thus don’t take part in any decisions, advice or rulings where there integrity might be questioned.

In your case, you’re an agent for the Matrix cc-game development, and no newbie here can tell that by just looking at your posts. You don’t have a Matrix avatar, there is nothing saying that you’re a matrix agent in your “sig” either. Neither do you start your post by stating that you’re on the supply side of the cc-games.

In Europe for example, your little stunt would have been regulated by the consumer law. And a company who’s under cover agent approaches a consumer in a fan forum might have resulted in a fine equal to 10% of the companies turnover.

Though you have a sense of what’s right and wrong.. And who the real criminals are:
As for pirating you are right I do not think it is right.

Now are you so unbiased as you claim to be?
I look at your list, and I do believe I see signs that you’re not 100% objective.

If you’re really objective, why don’t you mention that the new game has introduced “Girly Soldiers”?

You say that the new game has removed the CC5 bugs, but you fail to inform that there are a new set of bugs instead.. You have failed to mention the ground elevation errors in the WaR maps, why? Because saying the truth would not sell that many games?
You mentioned TLD as the strongest CC-product at the moment, but failed to mention that in some maps the codes are so sloppy that games on them may be defined as arcade games. You talk about the night fights in TLD, but fails to mention that the night fight is so poorly modelled it’s a shame to the overall realism that is the sign of the CC series. The night fights are just hacked into the game by someone who have no clue about that era of night fights.. If I wasn’t trusting you so much Tejszd, I just might had believe you were holding back negative information regarding the re-releases.    

I see that you left out CCMT… hmm

I don’t own LSA, but I have followed the bug reports and the complains both here and at Matrix. And yeh, lets see one more time what you said about LSA:
Probably will become the best CC with another patch

Next patch will fix everything, or the patch after that will, then LSA will become… or… After Matrix history of patches for CC… can you really ask me to believe that? Sounds just like marketing to me.  

Is your list really unbiased, are you really objective??
Can you understand that there are some doubts…

Thanks  for moving the post to this “train wrecks thread”, its here the most important post is sent. Today this thread has 40.000 (forty thousand) reads, it dwarf all other threads at this site.

/S

PS: Further reading:
Conflict of interests
Bias

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:45 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
In Europe for example, your little stunt

Who cares... what a waste of time.... better spent coding a map.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
. what a waste of time....

Basic waste of time:

10 Start a new grand campaign with one of the cc-remakes.
20 Playing the grand campaign takes time.
30 After you played so many battles, you run into one of em bugs’.
40 Sitting there w8ing for yet another patch takes time.
50 Happy you are when the patch finally arrives,
60 Even more happy you are if the patch actually fixes the bug.
70 As your about to continue the grand campaign, your realizing that the patch is not compatible with your saved game file.
80 Go to: 10

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Agree 100% and that has been the case for nearly 2 1/2 years.

At the very least:

tLD had Germans not moving on the Strat map for 2 years.

LSA I think has still to release a playable game.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Happy new year to you Andrew, Dave, Stwa & Co.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Happy New Year to all and personally to Stalk - good to see you still around Smile.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Hey Dima

Happy new year to you mate, and to your family

:)

/M

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Happy New Year to ALL from the Graveyard.  Arrow

I am glad to see everyone hanging in there, no matter how many times they have been bashed.  Wink

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie looking for input Reply with quote

This thread is awsome!

I can't see why the re-releases are getting attacked that badly. They tried there best to fix some errors and make it better. For sure they did make money but we're not talking about big money. Tejszd is also one of the guys behind the mod Meuse which has a version of 3.4.

Sure an open sourced CC would have been great. It isn't open sourced, still closed and some community members like Tejszd tried to help make it a good product. For what reason there are still errors in it. There are some which might know the current schedule. And I would rather see some member of current CC developer posting progress here then @ Matrix. IMO  Wink

And now at Matrix:
Qoute Bernd_nowak::
""The silence is from Matrix is bad as well as not giving some infos why it took so long to make purchase with a long campaign playable. My motivation to start a new GC is not there as long as there is no more real communication between matrix, whoever develops the games and us, the customers which had paid for the re-releases. I'm not real angry but will hesitate to buy things from Matrix anymore. The main reason for a forum here should be to get recent infos as well as to allow us to communicate. Is it really all a NDA issue? Seems worse then copyright and copyleft issues Very Happy"" //End Qoute

Berns_nowaks post at Matrix LSA forum

I can't see why the re-releases are getting attacked that badly.
Rolling Eyes
Laughing
/S
Cool

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

It just gets better...

Quote Tejzsd:: LSA - follows a single battle and takes TLD improving upon it by adding the most new features; blowing bridges, BG stacking, ability for troops to run under a bridge and on a bridge, ability to set specific entry VL's for BG's in the scenario editor for a single battle, etc. .  Probably will become the best CC with another patch...//End Qoute

Quote Tejzsd:: Good post kweniston!
It amazing that these items which are core to playing a campaign or operation in the game have not been dealt with. LSA really can only be played for single battles with these bugs.... //End Qoute

Post by Tejzsd at Matrix forum.

Hm.. i forgot,  the fine print "Probably" You wouldn’t be working with marketing Tejzsd?  

Cool

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

bernd_nowak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Nice find  Razz

For my defense I would like to say that even with matrix stepping in the discussions @ matrix take GPL times (GPL = Grand Prix Legends = long development times for community addons  Wink).
For me the problem now with the re-releases is that a good idea, to make a further tweaked CC5 engine available, is getting the worse by not getting rid of some obvious errors as well as not to communicate while it may take longer then thought to fix the errors. To me the re-releases show that CC5 can do well with Windows 7/Vista without killing UAC or other things or by having to use my little tool to tweak the DX settings of your video card.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: