Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

  Survey
TRIVIA: Are soldiers credited for killing surrendered troops?

Yes
No
Unsure



Results
Polls

Votes 2897
Comments: 2

  Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

  Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

  Donations
__Creeper__ - $10.00
07/08/2020

Bazookajoe - $25.00
06/02/2020

Pete - $25.00
04/11/2020

Anonymous - $10.00
03/08/2020

m2carbine - $20.00
02/14/2020

Dima - $25.00
01/26/2020

mikwarleo - $20.00
01/25/2019

0202243 - $10.00
12/04/2018

tycoon1969 - $10.00
07/31/2018

Anonymous - $10.00
06/24/2018

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.



Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Message
 
Sapa

Rep: 64.1
votes: 8


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be UK voicies for britts and US/English for Americans??

/Mats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the strategy map that Mooxe show us on this screenshot? is it the new game? it is worse than I making a new strategy map with 10 beers on my stomach.

About game.........I do not see nothing different to WAR, if they want sell us it, they will need add some more.


"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.1
votes: 7


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
What is the strategy map that Mooxe show us on this screenshot? is it the new game? it is worse than I making a new strategy map with 10 beers on my stomach.

About game.........I do not see nothing different to WAR, if they want sell us it, they will need add some more.

Yup...that stratmap looks ugly...I hope that's just a test version.
As for something different to CCWAR...it's the same CC5 engine...so it shouldn't be different.
The new additions of night battles with real night effects look nice on the screenshots...I hope this not just a hoax (in response to Mooxe's night battles thread) Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
flick

Rep: 17.6


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there an explanation, of why I can see a screenshot from the GJS mod? Surely they need the modders permission to use it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:


Nice! New CCMT style unit/team graphics!
I was surprised that this style wasn't implemented in CCWAR (instead we got CC5 Normandy graphics - some with Normandy era uniforms).

I like the general concept of wargame icons, but these ones look a bit too bland for my taste. I preferred the CCMT ones.


Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

flick wrote:
So is there an explanation, of why I can see a screenshot from the GJS mod? Surely they need the modders permission to use it?

I do not see nothing from GJS, only one UK battlegroup but if you are interested, probably they do not need permission for to take nothing from a mod, I have not studied too it on CC games but on other games the legal disclaimer tells that all the stuff made for mods is from the game company from the first moment that you added it on game. But there not nothing from GJS here.


"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.1
votes: 7


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
flick wrote:
So is there an explanation, of why I can see a screenshot from the GJS mod? Surely they need the modders permission to use it?

I do not see nothing from GJS, only one UK battlegroup but if you are interested, probably they do not need permission for to take nothing from a mod, I have not studied too it on CC games but on other games the legal disclaimer tells that all the stuff made for mods is from the game company from the first moment that you added it on game. But there not nothing from GJS here.

from the write-up CCTLD covers not just Utah like the original CC5...so it looks like the GJS sector as well as Omaha is covered in the game.
Looks like there's Gold Beach map from GJS in the screenshots.
The thing is...since CC maps are based on real battlegrounds and historic aerial photos...even if those GJS maps are redone or created from scratch by the developer team...they're still going to look very similar to the maps made for the GJS mod we've become familiar with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
flick

Rep: 17.6


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
flick wrote:
So is there an explanation, of why I can see a screenshot from the GJS mod? Surely they need the modders permission to use it?

I do not see nothing from GJS, only one UK battlegroup but if you are interested, probably they do not need permission for to take nothing from a mod, I have not studied too it on CC games but on other games the legal disclaimer tells that all the stuff made for mods is from the game company from the first moment that you added it on game. But there not nothing from GJS here.


This is the pic from the matrix site. I swear I've played this leve on GJS.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
mooxe

Rep: 169.6
votes: 23


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure they had permission, they would not do it otherwise. Either Atilla or Cathartes or someone else gave the nod.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account
 
Jace10

Rep: 1.5


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

kweniston wrote:
Is it still max 15 units to deploy? Even on 4800x4800px maps?
Has multicore support for high resolutions been fixed?

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the announcement. But I'll wait and see the verdict after it's been released.


Doubt we'll see any massive maps...

I look at the screen shots and see that they are using the Amfreville map from CCV - WTF, I can't believe that 8 years on, we will have to play on maps smaller than our screen resolution and therefore looking like crud.

All maps should be at least 1600x1200 or higher... That is the highest res. for CC, any map less than this results in a fake resolution change (zoomed in slightly) and looks like F**ing sh*t.

GJS maps...?

Maybe Bloody omaha maps also....

Lets face it the most time consuming bit of creating a CC game or Mod is making new maps and it looks like they aint bothered to do that, so solution = skank maps from other mods and pay their creators a small sum. Flog product - rake in dough etc.

Are they going to ship it with the girlie soldiers and see-through buildings bugs, cause I looked at old GJS maps and they ain't coded as atomic did em either.

Highly enhanced...????? Ha ha ha. Do some work if you want our money...

Those unit icons look like something I could do in 15 minutes on photoshop.. i.e they look cheap and uninspiring. Is it too much effort to completely redo the user interface and make it look like it doesn't belong in the 90's?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
I am sure they had permission, they would not do it otherwise. Either Atilla or Cathartes or someone else gave the nod.

But I do not see nothing from GJS, the battlegroup icons are free.


"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace10 wrote:

Are they going to ship it with the girlie soldiers and see-through buildings bugs, cause I looked at old GJS maps and they ain't coded as atomic did em either.


Hi there, that is party right, though the main played maps in GJS is coded correct as Atomic did it. But You are right that some of the side maps (less played maps) are wrong coded in GJS.

As a side note, I have recoded em GJS maps in TRSM 097, though not finished all, but plan to do more or less all of em done to ver 1.0.
But the recoded maps cant be used in normal GJS as the elements file dont match some new elements that also been done in TRSM.


But never mind that, back to CC5 rerelise.


Last edited by AT_Stalky on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace10 wrote:
kweniston wrote:
Is it still max 15 units to deploy? Even on 4800x4800px maps?
Has multicore support for high resolutions been fixed?

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the announcement. But I'll wait and see the verdict after it's been released.


Doubt we'll see any massive maps...

I look at the screen shots and see that they are using the Amfreville map from CCV - WTF, I can't believe that 8 years on, we will have to play on maps smaller than our screen resolution and therefore looking like crud.

All maps should be at least 1600x1200 or higher... That is the highest res. for CC, any map less than this results in a fake resolution change (zoomed in slightly) and looks like F**ing sh*t.

GJS maps...?

Maybe Bloody omaha maps also....

Lets face it the most time consuming bit of creating a CC game or Mod is making new maps and it looks like they aint bothered to do that, so solution = skank maps from other mods and pay their creators a small sum. Flog product - rake in dough etc.

Are they going to ship it with the girlie soldiers and see-through buildings bugs, cause I looked at old GJS maps and they ain't coded as atomic did em either.

Highly enhanced...????? Ha ha ha. Do some work if you want our money...

Those unit icons look like something I could do in 15 minutes on photoshop.. i.e they look cheap and uninspiring. Is it too much effort to completely redo the user interface and make it look like it doesn't belong in the 90's?


jeeze dude, ya mighta wanted to wait til ya really saw it before ya shot yer wad.....cause many of yer comments will turn out to be jism once everyone sees it

o..&....skank maps? I guess skank is as skank sees
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
flick

Rep: 17.6


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be a good game, but the price is my main problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

flick wrote:
I think it will be a good game, but the price is my main problem.


yes it will be a good game...

I've been meaning to ask this for a while...

how come folks in these forums keep carping about a $50 (or whatever) pricetag...surely you dudes realize that compared to most computer games the price is within the range, and compared to most other pleasures it is a hell of a deal (booze, smokes, babes, movies, and god forbid the cost of a live show or sporting event all which last the length of a minor hangover) and given the number of hours of pleasure to be had (for example - someone like me who is a CC nut might play the game hundreds of hours... so $50 divided by hundreds = the best deal in entertainment, if you happen to like WWII wargaming that is), it shouldn't be an issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
platoon_michael

Rep: 40.8
votes: 25


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now hold up,
Before any of you numbskulls go any further with this conversation
I want to know,no wait "I insist" that the admins of this site properly place The Longest Day thread Below the Wacht am Rhein thread.

I'm not gonna let you guys treat WAR like you did CCIV.
Ok ? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account
 
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.1
votes: 7


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Flammer old friend... Wink

Why are you leaving your cave and wasting time flaming ppl here?
Have ya finished helping out the S3T team fix those embarrassing map coding glitches in CCWAR? You were one of the CCWAR map coders...so I'm sure the team needs you to help fix the fuckups Wink

As for CCWAR...$50 does not equal hundreds of hours of wargaming when 80% of the gameplay (=maps + elements) is flawed Very Happy

I just hope CCTLD doesn't repeat those same mistakes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
flick

Rep: 17.6


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote:
flick wrote:
I think it will be a good game, but the price is my main problem.


yes it will be a good game...

I've been meaning to ask this for a while...

how come folks in these forums keep carping about a $50 (or whatever) pricetag...surely you dudes realize that compared to most computer games the price is within the range, and compared to most other pleasures it is a hell of a deal (booze, smokes, babes, movies, and god forbid the cost of a live show or sporting event all which last the length of a minor hangover) and given the number of hours of pleasure to be had (for example - someone like me who is a CC nut might play the game hundreds of hours... so $50 divided by hundreds = the best deal in entertainment, if you happen to like WWII wargaming that is), it shouldn't be an issue


1. These are old looking games, and they're remakes of old looking games
2. Really modern looking strat games, can cost half as much.

I love CC, but c'mon..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
platoon_michael

Rep: 40.8
votes: 25


PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest XBOX360 or PS3 games go for $59.99
And they can command much more attention than what CC can ever get now adays.
Put CC on the TV show XPlay and then you can start running your yap flammer,till then SHUT-UP and read your own post about how the worm turns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account
 
mooxe

Rep: 169.6
votes: 23


PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote:


yes it will be a good game...

I've been meaning to ask this for a while...

how come folks in these forums keep carping about a $50 (or whatever) pricetag...surely you dudes realize that compared to most computer games the price is within the range, and compared to most other pleasures it is a hell of a deal (booze, smokes, babes, movies, and god forbid the cost of a live show or sporting event all which last the length of a minor hangover) and given the number of hours of pleasure to be had (for example - someone like me who is a CC nut might play the game hundreds of hours... so $50 divided by hundreds = the best deal in entertainment, if you happen to like WWII wargaming that is), it shouldn't be an issue


This isnt how Matrix Games justified thier price. Thats what really at question here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account
 
 
Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


 
   
 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum




Forums ©





In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited and
found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some of the great Close Combat
mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank all the members of our volunteer staff that have
helped over the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!