Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

3 seperate sectors.........
Does that mean 30 Corp. has no chance of making it to Arnhem?
I never could get past the horrible graphics of CCII  long enough to play it.

What about blown bridges, and Bailey Bridges?
And will units now be able to go both over and under bridges?

I do hope they redo the maps,but then again im also still waiting for the WAR maps to be recodded.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

before any Re-re-release we have to have the Collectors Edition then the Classic Gold edition then the 5Pack Bundle.

So a re-re-release is a long way off yet.... (at least a year)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Come on man a 5Pack Bundle

It has to be a 6 pack or nothing in this house hold.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle wrote (View Post):
throws history completely out the window.

The best description of CC4/5 ever Very Happy .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:04 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
3 seperate sectors.........
Does that mean 30 Corp. has no chance of making it to Arnhem?
I never could get past the horrible graphics of CCII  long enough to play it.

What about blown bridges, and Bailey Bridges?
And will units now be able to go both over and under bridges?

I do hope they redo the maps,but then again im also still waiting for the WAR maps to be recodded.

The blown birdges and baileys are GREAT part of CC.

As far was WAR.. yeah. Overall WAR is not a bad mod.. but there is no question the map coding is terrible... I found it kind of odd. I woudl assume SL didnt code them becuase hes normally fine with that.

testbug

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

the 30th corps reached the town Elst, (islands at CC2) that's the last battle of them, the germans regrouped there ( i live there now), airborne knew their will not hold arnhem and about the bridges, grave has been reached intact, nijmegen intact, arnhem intact, and son was blown away, the railbridge has been blown also at oosterbeek.
If they making a new version of this one then they must have to make more battles.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

testbug wrote (View Post):

If they making a new version of this one then they must have to make more battles.

Well that would be good for for a new version, now I believe, and I a mgoing form my memory which is getting older and failing at times, that I read soemwhere Mafi (the King of CC2 modding) did mention you could incease the number of batttles in stock CC2.. but there would obviously be a limit.

So a question would be, how many more battles can be added to stock CC2? If you can add many more with new version, and you had more historical battles than CC2 woudl allow.. well new version of CC2 woudl fit this..

But heres a BETTER question:

If CC2 is available for free online now, and LEGALLY. Why would anyone buy a new version for the same cost WAR and TLD sells for if it had marginal enhancements? One could covert any new maps and add them to CC2 even...

testbug

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

But heres a BETTER question:

If CC2 is available for free online now, and LEGALLY. Why would anyone buy a new version for the same cost WAR and TLD sells for if it had marginal enhancements? One could covert any new maps and add them to CC2 even...[/quote]

Maybe for better graphics and details? i dont complain about the graphics neways...i like oldschool games.
And what ya say more histoical maps.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe for better graphics and details?

There have been some solid grpahics enhancements for CC2 in mods ect.. but yes not up to snuff 100% with mor erecent CC versions. However the maps, the main graphic to any CC game, are fully impimentable with any recent CC map.

The explosions do lack in CC2 graphically... but things like craters and other sprites have been modded to be better than stock CC2.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Based on two year old information, CC2 will have to be a complete remake from almost the bottom up.  Other than a few snippets, the source code for CC2 was not in the stuff that Destineer, and then by license St3, got from Atomic.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote (View Post):
Based on two year old information, CC2 will have to be a complete remake from almost the bottom up.  Other than a few snippets, the source code for CC2 was not in the stuff that Destineer, and then by license St3, got from Atomic.

Your bang on. A good 2 years ago I had a conversation with David Heath on the phone about, amungst other things, the CSc rereleases. CC2 was not in the plans whatsoever, and as you mentioend, the actual code was a big factor. I distinctly remember when I brought up the fact its freeware online he agreed it wasnt (and maybe it was just at the time) a wise endeavour to undertake as CC2 remake.

There are royalties to pay out to the companies who made and passed the rights on. Form what I understood, before a new version of CC is to be even considered, they had to rerelease 3, 4 and 5. They had a budget set out that understood whatever revenue came back, would have these previous makers/owners putitng thier hand in the bag.  Incidentally, getting these 3 versions rereleased didnt guarantee that 3ST or Matrix or anyone coule neccasarily get the thumbs up to be the ones to make a new CC, but thats another thread....

my point is a CC2 rerelease would cost likely more manhours to redo the engine compared to WAR/TLD, so cost more to make manpower wise (in sheer hours alone) and with the Freeware aout there likely make less money than WAR/TLD.

Being out of the loop for more than 2 years, its possible the stand not to rerelease CC2 has changed, but I woudl be suprised. I would think woull simply see a WAR/TLD engine mod packaged as stnad alone. It doesnt mean it wouldnt be good, but callign a spade a spade,, a mod on this WAR engine... which isnt a unique engine to start with, only modified CCM, which is a modified CC5.. ect ect..

Just to state a fact how CC2 ABTF was out of the plans back then, David told me he wanted me to help lead a ABTF mod to be included with the CC4 rerelease (WAR) and to start cracking od details to begin. Now why could they consdier that if they were goign to rerelease CC2? But they never did add ABTF mod to WAR, so thats either because lack of manpower to do it, or because they WERE going to rerelease. Now considering thes cope of what is needed to make CC4 or WAR into ABTF, all the repainted/new maps, unit graphcis ect ect, Id chalk the reason it didnt come to light was manpower and cash flow, which is understandable.

CC2 is the best AI version of CC. As Drill confirmed, the code is not workable, so to base a rerelease on the WAR/TLD engine/version means your not even basing the project on one of the best reasons CC2 stands the test of time.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Yea it will be the same engine as WAR and tLD but thats ok.

I consider it to be a good enough Campaign to be a worth while game to buy.
I'm so sick of the whole Normandy thing I just couldnt buy tLD,maybe if it ever gets cheap enough I'll get it then.
I dont understand why if CCII had the best AI why/how did they change it?
Or was it just that good of a game when it came out because of the lack of games back then?

Am I wrong in thinking that CCII had bridges that troops could go over and under?
And couldnt you blow/build bridges in that version?
Why would anyone drop that if true I just dont understand.

Hopefully if they do that ,they'll do the same with the night effects from tLD and put them in WAR as mentioned. (Night effects.... Crying or Very sad ) but what the hey I'll try it.

It does however kill me to not see another patch yet for WAR,last patch was on March 5th.
If they release tLD and then ABTF before a full patch is made for WAR it just shows a huge lack of repect for the customers of WAR to me.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:50 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I dont understand why if CCII had the best AI why/how did they change it?
Or was it just that good of a game when it came out because of the lack of games back then?

Am I wrong in thinking that CCII had bridges that troops could go over and under?
And couldnt you blow/build bridges in that version?
Why would anyone drop that if true I just dont understand.

It does however kill me to not see another patch yet for WAR,last patch was on March 5th.
If they release tLD and then ABTF before a full patch is made for WAR it just shows a huge lack of repect for the customers of WAR to me.

The AI change?  I think it was choices which were made to enhance the game that ended up with loss of better AI

With the bigger maps in CC3 the AI lost its balls.

The GC with CC2, on the three sector line where you had to keep LZ and the point allocation for new units (Point allocation was low, tough to earn units so you had to be smart with what you had) worked really well. You could factor in luck as well I suppose for a portion, the GC was just so good for CC2.

You CAN blow bridges in CC2, and yes, I dont know why they took it out. Blowing bridges is an important military tactic that adds alot to CC2 gameplay.

I wouldnt expect another patch for WAR. 3ST kept saying "There was never a patch for CC5" as part of its Mickey Mouse marketing strategy to sell themselves as saviors of CC and how bad Artomic was  and now that they habve done a patch for WAR and TLD they have checked off thier 'Make Patch' box. WAR was a contractual obligation, CC4 still gets nowhere near the respect it deserves. WAR was the Guinea pig for TLD, no flagship...

CC2 rerelease will be ABTF mod for TLD... woopie... There already is a mod for ABTF for CC5 in the works. If you own TLD then convert the CC5 version when it comes out and save yourself 50$. Either that or have someone send the ABTF data files from thier copy, bring it into TLD along with maps and boom.. theres your game.

The decent thing to do would be modelling the CC2 engine and modernizing it instead of rehashing this WAR/TLD one. But which one is cost effective? Which one will make more money for the developpers? Thats the bottom line...

CC2 as well wasnt armour heavy as well. As we all know, the AI in CC3 will often grab a big impressive King Tiger when it can, and once you manage to put it out of commisiion, the battle is easily then won.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

I tell you what.... The main focus needs to be shifted off the maps. Maps are a big job for coding and creating ofcourse, but it seems many mods and the latest rereleases focused to much on new maps. Maps are a dime a dozen.

I hope Market Garden is not going to be just another slightly different version of WaR. Seriously, it would be very tiring to have just another mod out there. I'd rather see an update to MMCC3.

Honestly though.... what really needs to be done is all the best features of all CC's into one final version. Battle maker of CCM, scripted events from CCMAT, CC2's blowable bridges, CC5 strategic side, CC3's style of following battlegroups and promoting, CC3's ability to drop a map in make a scenario and play it, MMCC3, CC4's supply drops and redirects.... We have some great features all spread out in 8 or 9 games. We dont need a rerelease, we need an all in one release.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

... and a working AI and a working pathfinding Very Happy .

Yeah, and a realistic campaign, where one just plays his own unit, not all the units, like in CC5.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Honestly though.... what really needs to be done is all the best features of all CC's into one final version. Battle maker of CCM, scripted events from CCMAT, CC2's blowable bridges, CC5 strategic side, CC3's style of following battlegroups and promoting, CC3's ability to drop a map in make a scenario and play it, MMCC3, CC4's supply drops and redirects.... We have some great features all spread out in 8 or 9 games. We dont need a rerelease, we need an all in one release.

Can't argue with you Mooxe about that. CC has always been a couple steps forward with each release but also a step backwards as some features where not brought forward....

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Nice to hear about this re-release
Let us see what the futur brings and hope AI will be better  Cool

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes, I'd buy that...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: