Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Therion wrote:
platoon_michael wrote:
Quote:
- play in windowed mode
--------ahh ok great, dont we as a people
multi-task enough as it is?

Playing in window isn't for multi-tasking - it's for doing something when waiting for something interesting to happen Razz .

Well, I guess it's a cool feature if you have a dual display setup...CC battles on one display...other apps on the other display Very Happy
Or maybe someday...TLD battle on one screen...and WAR battle on the second screen! Razz

its handy for playing vs the AI too. For the first time ever I'm not playing with restricted time. I can set men crawling or even resting to regain the breathe and I can do other stuff: like maps for ... Wink while the game plays in the background and gets it to a point where i want it to be then i rejoin the game. in many ways its better than a fast forward button on games like Total war where you still have to mind the game

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is a picture comparing the strat map display size in WAR and in The Longest Day. TLD is 86*388=33368 pixels larger.

On top of the increased available area the individual map areas are also smaller in TLD to allow much more of the strat map to be seen at any one time....

Stratmap Size.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.35 KB
 Viewed:  8783 Time(s)

Stratmap Size.jpg

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
Below is a picture comparing the strat map display size in WAR and in The Longest Day. TLD is 86*388=33368 pixels larger.

On top of the increased available area the individual map areas are also smaller in TLD to allow much more of the strat map to be seen at any one time....

The new one does look a lot better, and they were able to get rid of the laser green and red at the same time.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a "HUGE" improvement.I do hope WAR gets that.
@ Southland.I kinda agree with you on that point,most of the time I end up heading to the garage to smoke while waiting for the AI.
Hopefully it wont be too long a wait.

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:
@ Southland.I kinda agree with you on that point,most of the time I end up heading to the garage to smoke while waiting for the AI.

I once cooked my dinner, while waiting for something to happen.

That'll be 50 bucks please!

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trully impressed that people still play againts AI... Wink

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojusoki wrote:
Im trully impressed that people still play againts AI... Wink

Well, where do they go to play multiplayer? there is not a gamespy room and battlehq is a shit.

Quote:

I see that they put the support options to the left and it gives more space but it is not a solution, one zoom or reduce the strategy map scale would be better.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to play CC whenever I want, organising a two player game, sounds beyond my lunch-hour break.

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well I dont have to much problem with finding player... Just open BHQ for a while during eveining and you will find somebody. Just when everybody is just crying there is nobody there really will never be anybody. Im also pretty upset there is no gamespy option but we got this forum, we got another also. 3 days ago I wanted to play WaR - I just send a few emails to people looking for players and today I am after a good few hours of game (we play everyday).

Nomada and Flick - why dont you send each others an email and start playing ;>

This forum shoundt be call a CC forum, but a C forum: Complainers Forum

Its really upsetting reading all those posts of people who cries that its bad its bad. I DO KNOW THEY SCREWED WAR, THEY DIDNT MAKE GAME SPY AVAIBLE and that is why I dont buy TLD. Im upset on them, Im pissed. They lost me as a customer.
But I do have War already bought and I want to have as much fun from this as I can. I suggest you do the same.

I didnt like the so called "ballance" in WaR (the regular settings were for me unplayable): I modded it the way I belive is OK:

1). I dont like tanks were losing a track to fast: i fixed it so now the losse it very rare.
2). I hated when Schweres coudn't find a window to shot? I lowered the amount of people in the squad and i have no problems at all
3). I fonded regular WAR unplayable becouse the only what mattered were: perfect panthers againts massive artyllery. So Allied Genral could only win if Germans were out of armour and infantry - not becouse of Allied superb command abilities, but becouse Forcepools were, IMHO, made too bad (too many too good tanks and too less infantry) and artyllery too common and too heavy for allies. Was it realistic that german BG had 16 Flamers and 23 schrecks while only lets say 12 grenadiers?
And yes, I founded it bad so I changed it so now it works (I think).
4). Many other things I didnt like I just chnaged the way I prefer.

And yes, I was pissed that developers didnt do this - I payed them for this, they screwd it up, I had to spend some more hours which are more valnurable that the WAR game itself but now I have something I do like.

At the very begining I said its bad, the developers did a bad job, but now lets just skip comlaining and start playing Smile

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One can find a player using the forums. The problem is that if one doesn't have configured firewall/router, it may end up with 2 hours of frustration when trying to connect.

But then, it's not unique to CC - I have spent a hour trying to connect with a friend when I played Soldat. After half a hour of wasted time it turned out that he has an older version and still it had to devote another half a hour to configure my router.

So, both people should have their routers configured and everything checked before trying to play multiplayer.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:

Ha Ha Smile sorry for getting off Razz the subject but..i am used to go to the garage too!! but i dont smoke i drink beer instead... Razz

Mats

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why dont you send each others an email and start playing ;>

Because join a play like you tell us is a complete bad and old method, I would like enter on one room and find to the people for one small battle, without directplay and some rooms like gamespy, these new re-editions are doomed to be forgot by all the players and they will not capture new players.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

true Nomada, we wrote a few posts about this long time ago when, WaR was released, we showed like upset we are and I trully think there is no need going back to this. Such posts make chance of getting new players even smaller;)

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do not go to forget the problem only because ST3 team and Matrix do not like the true. BattleHq is old, bad and a big disaster. If they want that people pay by a game, they should give us a good multiplayer game and a good multiplayer zone where all players can join.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Well, I do not go to forget the problem only because ST3 team and Matrix do not like the true. BattleHq is old, bad and a big disaster. If they want that people pay by a game, they should give us a good multiplayer game and a good multiplayer zone where all players can join.

Why does this worry you so mate?..........your first post in this thread stated that you would not buy this game as it was too expensive at $40......This is fair enough, if it is too expensive end of story.

Despite this fact, you post repeatedly on this forum about features of a game that you have never played and have no intention of buying. Do you think any manufacturer ever bothers to listen to people who have no intention of ever purchasing their product?....Its like Jaguar carring out a market survey of the Kalahri bush men Laughing

Like Pzt_Decoy I have both bought and played this new game, and I agree that while there are some things in it that could be better, like the Mortars that he brought up, by and large this is a pretty good game, with some nice new features. A great improvement on the WaR release IMO.

However, I wouldn't like to influence others with my opinions, all I can say as somebody who has actually played (as opposed to talked about) CC for many years....is give it a try........$40 isn't a great deal of cash to splash out for the chance of many hours of enjoyment. Think of it as like a lottery ticket Smile

Cheers
Ronson

PS. Should you ever play on GS I'm sure you would soon meet Pzt_Decoy as he is also a regular CC Player, and is often found there.

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

lemon42

Rep: 4.8

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For me TLD is a hell of a good rerelease. No problems so far with Vista 64 bit. There are some small errors but overall much less problems then with WaR IMO.

I agree that the online stuff isn't good. But while I would like a better online client I'm patient enough and while I still enjoy TLD I'm looking forward to ABTF. At least they still update WaR as well as TLD which means some support the original games hadn't at the time they have been released.

And my hopes are that they gain enough money to really do a new one. And then maybe with some more online options like a dedicated server which can run on the internet and be remote operated. This way port forwarding isn't needed and all you need is internet access but from my point of view this is too much work for a simple rerelease that only tries to solve the most common bugs as well as get them some money.

My thoughts Smile

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Again: is it a bug free rerelease?Smile
I mean bugs from CCV or WaR

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its pretty good so far.

no 00:00 or other random crashes h2h... seems more stable.

easy to use, night battles are good.

great modding potential because of the bigger unit rosters, numbder of campaign maps and max number of BGs on each side

I've heard that work is already under way converting and improving the awsome GJS and Bloody Omaha mods to this new platform.

deffinately a keeper

Nomada i hope that you buy or download the game convert some of your excellent mods to TLD engine.

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I surrender, im addicted:)

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you think any manufacturer ever bothers to listen to people who have no intention of ever purchasing their product?...

Sorry if you can not understand it but I´m sure that the game creators are here. Perhaps you do not know them but I know who they are because I have seen their work for years.

Quote:
you have never played

I have not played them but I´m sure that I know more from Close Combat games than you.Wink I have mod all them free without to win a single dolar.

40$ is too money when you are selling one WAR with a few changes and when we bought WAR 6 months ago.

Quote:

Nomada i hope that you buy or download the game convert some of your excellent mods to TLD engine.

By the moment I have not money for it and really I do not see nothing interesting on it, even people is telling me that it is not too well made, specially if we compare with WAR.

I think that I will continue mod WAR and probably I will release one day my ABTF mod.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: