Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Not sure if an error or bug, but the Mortar Barrage is linked to weapon class 19, '81mm mortar' when I think it should be linked to weapon class 2. 'Arty Explosion'.

I say that I'm not sure it's a bug, because I've never messed with the barrages in other CC and I don't know if the mortar barrages has always been linked to the weapon class 19.

Can the mortar barrage be modded so as to be linked to another weapon or do I have to always mod weapon class 19 if I want to change the mortar barrage??

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

^^^
Nice find, Kanov!
I always thought that the barrage in TLD (and WAR) looks kinda flimsy...

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Maybe something to had to the campaign.txt? so we can edit what weapon get's called when using the artillery. Would be nice if it was different for each side.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Hasn't that always been a pain?

Same with the Axis/Allied  grenade/smoke etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Yes, I think you're right schrecken probably most modders would have struggle with that, but as I said I've never tried to edit barrages and such so it's new for me. Tried looking for threads about it because I was looking the weapon the barrage uses but didn't find anything until I tried most weapons with HE Blast size 2.

As for grenades, I looked into it and apparently, I don't know how or why, but both sides use the same grenade but the name is different because it somehow links to weapon class 129 through 132 that have actually no data but the name. Pretty weird. Grenades can be made into another weapon though, but they will appear with the rifles instead of the little grenade square in the BG screen.

So another suggestion to the bunch:

-Editable barrages in length, number of rounds per shot and type of munition, different for each side.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

haha!

this was introduced into CCM6
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
haha!

this was introduced into CCM6

Great! easier to implement into TLD in a patch then. Also mountable Half-tracks.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

user report

Night turns are a nice feature, but game engine seems not to see them. i.e.: para brigade makes a dop in one of teh empty maps. Map belongs to them. But when opponent moved there Turn1, this is a meeting engagment. Somewhow.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
user report

Night turns are a nice feature, but game engine seems not to see them. i.e.: para brigade makes a dop in one of teh empty maps. Map belongs to them. But when opponent moved there Turn1, this is a meeting engagment. Somewhow.

Have to try it again but it could just be the intro screen to the battle that is wrong and not the actual deployment....

stiloah

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Hello all, fairly new here,

I encountered something interesting today, when I loaded up my campaign, all the green movement arrows showed up in every direction. As well, in battle there were coulored rings around all the units, what's this all about?

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

you have your "Space Bar" depressed.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:05 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Pressing space bar while on the strat map shows the maps that linked by displaying an arrow (note: the arrow points one way but you can move both).

Pressing space bar while in battle displays the command radius of the squads leader (soldiers within the circle get benefit).

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:55 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I still don't get used to the Brits/Canadians using american flags, any way to have multiple flags? it could be like in CC2 where the Flag used in the battle map was the nationality of the command/first team. Or at least have the allies flag be a star or something. Also waving flags like CC2, I think this was an error as the animation was there in subsequent CC but the game didn't play it for some reason.

stiloah

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

hey thanks, I didn't have the space bar depressed, things were loading up that way, pressing it seemed to resolve the issue though and...I learned something, I was unaware of that feature

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:36 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Let's hope some of the stuff mentioned here is fixed in the patches that are hopefully coming sometime this summer!

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:04 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

This error in Tailleville map.

house.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  262.23 KB
 Viewed:  20147 Time(s)

house.jpg

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Road rubble blocks los on Arromanches, is this wad?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:07 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):

Just tried the Tailleville map on my installation of TLD and I have interior image for that house? Can someone else test the map/house?

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:16 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

1)universal carrier(bren gun carrier) limited ammo, driver and gunner same person(why?), has single smoke thrower, why not a few grenades also? im pretty sure it was the norm...(by hand)

2)no getting into vehicles like moderntactics, why get rid of this feature? a few guys into bren gun carrier for a ride would be awsome...

3)why cant gun/tank crew take orders and fight?

4)21st panzer team icons all appear negative image , white when looking at bg information.

5)ship to shore artillery icon is land artillery icon, the limitation of first map from sea for bombardment is limited to sea side maps only, original 2/3 maps inland had naval barrage.

6) just finished grand campaign as allies, never once saw the reinforcement icon for any BG, is this germans only? maybe cause i almost never played cc2, i dont know how to use? was always zero value.

7) team voice cues seem still to be confused, as british i hear a lot of american terms/voice cues...if wanted i can write them all down...but its like only 5/10% of cues. like panicked units etc...

8) allied tanks get tracked VERY easy, if i try to cross a hedgerow small, i should not get tracked like 80% of the time, medium yes maybe, even small rubble on roads...tracked....its damned annoying...cross country, and trees nearby, tracked....i micromanage tanks on well surfaced roads to drive, its bloody annoying and rediculous...

9) when i order soldiers from 1 house to say one 3 doors down, they rou around, outside onn main road, them maybe back inside, the long way, pathing seems very bad...like the idots cant find the door, and run into ambushed in open areas, i have to micromanage way to much in this game, its SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustration...bad coding, pathing ...omg

espree de corp

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
salhexe wrote (View Post):

Just tried the Tailleville map on my installation of TLD and I have interior image for that house? Can someone else test the map/house?

I've just confirmed the error as reported by Salhexe in Tailleville with ver 5.50.07...and it's fixed in the latest public beta patch (ver 5.50.09b).

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: