Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

golani_2 wrote (View Post):
Took me a while to figure it out, but I did it.

I had a couple of chances but AI battlegroups don't retreat, only disabend or stay.

I confim, some BGs do not retreat while then can. They are being disbanded. Unless it is ok, becouse teh BG I am talking had 3 units all together, while i deployed only 1. This one, deployed unit surrendered and i though BG (2 units:) will retreat.
So maybe it is ok when you have only 2 units strong BG?

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:36 am Post subject: map error Reply with quote

Found this playing the Isigny map.
Very minor coding glitches on the small map items (sandbags, equipments and stuff)...and a couple of noticeable coding errors.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:49 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Theres lots of this. From my few games... Tanks partially on roofs of four story buildings, soldiers walking on roofs, maps showing minefields (Sword by the beach ramp) but theres no mines...

The Isigny map your showing looks a bit like St Mere Eglise turned 90degrees counter clockwise...

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Based on discussions here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2123831

OK...here's my first attempt...French Commando ranks for CCTLD.
I hope my French Naval ranks chart translation to CC ranks chart isn't too far off  Smile

...and French Medals from CC5 Meuse mod.

Last edited by squadleader_id on Wed May 27, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

reinald

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Theres lots of this. From my few games... Tanks partially on roofs of four story buildings, soldiers walking on roofs, maps showing minefields (Sword by the beach ramp) but theres no mines...

The Isigny map your showing looks a bit like St Mere Eglise turned 90degrees counter clockwise...

But those are issues with individual maps' coding and not the engine itself, right?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Quote:
But those are issues with individual maps' coding and not the engine itself, right?

correct.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Suggestion or bug I am not sure.

Units leaving the beach heading inland cannot be assigned naval support. If the German unit inland is faster than the Allied unit, it could move to the beach and cut the Allied unit off from moving, and it wont recieve Naval Support. It does work properly with all other support though.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Units leaving the beach heading inland cannot be assigned naval support. If the German unit inland is faster than the Allied unit, it could move to the beach and cut the Allied unit off from moving, and it wont recieve Naval Support. It does work properly with all other support though.

AFAIK only the beach maps plus a few others can be assigned Naval Support (they're highlited in yellow when you click Naval Support).
Naval Support icon in the interface needs to be changed from Arty/Howitzer graphics to Ship graphics though.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

You missed the point... If you assign a unit from the beach to move inland, they cant have "backup" naval support incase the German unit is faster and blocks them on the beach from moving.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

OK...got it now.
Hmm...feature or bug? How was this handled in CC5, BTW?

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I think you could assign it in CC5. Maybe it was GJS... I remember doing it somewhere.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:58 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

I believe what you are seeing is fix for a CC5 bug/feature/problem where you could assign support to unit on a map that allowed support but then you ordered that BG to move inland and got support on a map that wasn't supposed to get support. Now when you direct a BG to move inland to map where support is not allowed support is removed.... Sounds to me like your asking for an enhancement which allows defensive fire support in case a BG can not advance inland as ordered.... Though if they were ordered inland the assigned support most likely would be for the area they planned to advance into not for where they are....

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri May 29, 2009 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:40 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

I believe you are seeing is fix for a CC5 bug/feature/problem where you could assign support to unit on a map that allowed support but then you ordered that BG to move inland and got support on a map that wasn't supposed to get support. Now when you direct a BG to move inland to map where support is not allowed support is removed.... Sounds to me like your asking for an enhancement which allows defensive fire support in case a BG can not advance inland as ordered.... Though if they were ordered inland the assigned support most likely would be for the area they planned to advance into not for where they are....

Well "defensive fire" works when you assign arty or air and get cut off during a move. So the mechanics of it are there, just not working for naval because inland maps cannot recieve it.

cobra1983

Rep: 2.6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Hi guys! I have a CTD problem. I'm playing CC on my notebook with 1440x900 resolution. No problem till i have to play the battle in Amfreville, on the first day of the GC. After the "Allies attack" screen it crashes to desktop. I tried using 800x600, and everything went fine, but it really sucks this way! :)

EDIT: It seems to work fine with resolutions up to 1280x800. With larger resolutions it crashes to desktop loading the Amfreville map.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Amfreville  is the second smallest map.

Try Point du Hoc battle , the smalleest map.. see if that behaves the same.

And Bayeaux the next one up...

All the maps play on higher resolutions so I wonder what's up with your system...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I run at 1440x900 and for Amfreville the screen auto resizes to display the map.

cobra1983

Rep: 2.6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Amfreville  is the second smallest map.

Try Point du Hoc battle , the smalleest map.. see if that behaves the same.

And Bayeaux the next one up...

All the maps play on higher resolutions so I wonder what's up with your system...

I tried both the maps you told me at 1440x900, and everything went fine, then i tried again Amfreville and... got a crash to desktop.

My system:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T7500
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

Last edited by cobra1983 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I play at 1680x1050...no crashes for smaller maps (incl. Amfreville)...they're displayed with black borders on the left and right.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I found one of the secrets on how a rerelease can be released so quickly. It was done by the cut and paste club! You will have to zoom in to see it. The "scar" can be noticed from the very left edge to the right edge of the map. Theres another one going through the parachute on the right. I just got tired of seeing the lines, at first I thought maybe it was just one map, but noticing them more often now.

Also noticed coding problems on La Fiere Causeway in the upper left corner. Team was firing down (lengthwise) multiple hedges, about 60m of them.

cutnpaste.JPG
 Description:
St. Marie Du Mont
 Filesize:  177.39 KB
 Viewed:  21762 Time(s)

cutnpaste.JPG

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Wow...nice find, Mooxe!
That looks really ugly and rushed...a few minutes on photoshop would have cleaned that up.
Let me know which other maps have these ugly cut-and-paste effect...I want to clean them up on my install.
As for coding errors...has anyone gotten around to checking the map coding with 5CC.
BTW, is the official CCTLD element file converted for 5CC available for download? Or do we have to convert it ourselves?

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: