Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks squadleader_id!!!

Admin/Mooxe,

Maybe this thread should be closed/locked and any bugs remaining in the new patch (ver 5.50.09b) could go in its thread?

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8303

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

using the patched version.

1) all MMG/HMG maximum rge is set at 500 meters!!!!!!
WTF a lee enfield from 1914 had long range area fire signts to 3 bloody miles!
i have personally fired a 7.62mm nato rimless open sights at man size targets at 900 meters in militray rifle compitions(omark bolt action), and the m60,and fn fal/SLR L1A1,L1A2,L2A2 at 750 meters(accurately), this is total rubbish, i cannot fire a browing or mg42/34 over 499 meters, what is this garbage?

sorry for rage lol

im trying to defend on big beaches, and half my weapons have NO range LOL...joke

espree de corp

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote (View Post):
6) just finished grand campaign as allies, never once saw the reinforcement icon for any BG, is this germans only? maybe cause i almost never played cc2, i dont know how to use? was always zero value.

Does anyone know if the Germans do indeed recieve reinforcement for all BGs? To be honest, I've never got far enough in a TLD GC to potentially recieve the reinforcement button. If this is the case I should probably be preserving those precious beach BGs instead of leaving them to their fate.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

No BG's , Axis or Allied can reinforce in tLD so you had better look after your men.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Haven't played in a while but I seem to remember that the beach BG's do get some additional units in the last day or so but only like 1 or 2 of them, Snipers are the only ones I remember right now that they get, probably a couple of MG's too.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

There is a scheduled replacement mechanism... no reinforce button though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:10 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Quote:
WTF a lee enfield from 1914 had long range area fire signts to 3 bloody miles!

With the flip up/down back sight and pillar fore sight?  Can't remember the calibration, but I do remember 2,000 yards on the back sight markings...

Used to competition shoot (Bisley and elsewhere) starting with .303.  Expected to put 7 rounds through a 4" black dot at 500 yards.  Never managed to put all 7.  Highest score I remember was 32, so must have been 4 bulls and 3 innners.  That's with a comfortable firing position, a sling, and plenty of time, oh, and the target doesn't move!...

Snap and Marling were my favourites as it involved a bit of action.  We starrted at 50 yards rifles slung low and raced to 100 yards (due to the limitations of our firing range), took up a firing position, and then had to knock down a standard 'Head' target.  With the remaining ammunition we scored on a full size 'Man' target.  It was time limited.  I remember it being no small matter to try and focus and keep a steady aim with the heart pumping and breathing hard.

Priapus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
There is a scheduled replacement mechanism... no reinforce button though

Crap, I've already lost all my AT guns with one of the beach BGs. Suppose I'll have to make sure they only engage the paratroopers. I wish the new points system was available for TLD...

graves101

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:03 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

So, does every BG in the TLD campaign recieve reinforcements at designated times? Does anyone have a general (or vague) idea what comes in the reinforcing? I can see some BGs have certain troops selections with 0 available even on line setting, so I'm guessing these are some of the units that will appear later on? (ie, wolverines, etc).

Also, we are playing the GT mod, but have turned on the returning of disbanded BGs. If a beach BG is completely wiped out, say, on the first day, is that BG gone completely? Or does it return when it gets those designated reinforcements that some are mentioning. Or, do you have to physically keep the WN 12, etc, BG alive to only get the extra reinforcements (snipers, MG teams, whatever).

Lastly, we've run into some issues with mortars and AT guns, I know (or, I bet, because I personally haven't read up much on the matter) they are poorly coded and AT guns/opened-topped vehicles are very vulnerable to indirect fire. Whenever Priapus is forced to set up a sIG or Pak outside of a building, it's pretty much guaranteed I'll knock it out once he fires off a shot, presenting the target. I'm certainly glad we are only using the small mortars with the mod, but has anyone tried to alter the code to give AT or Marders more longevity from mortars? I even knocked out an 88 inside a concrete bunker at Omaha, with 60mm mortars. Now that seems very unlikely.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

You can look at the scenario editor and change the dates to see what teams the Beach BG's or others are receiving in said date.

Also you can look at the files and use the workbook.

graves101

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks, now I see what becomes available.

But still, do beach BGs, etc, disappear completely if disbanded and they have no present reserves? Or do they return on the days they are supposed to receive reinforcements?

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

They Disappear

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

The Gammon bomb new icon does not appear in game, in fact the Gamegdg file has the same date as the original one I have. Also the ScrnGDG file seems to get installed twice (overwritten), once at the beginning and appears in the installation program progress a second time near the end.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
The Gammon bomb new icon does not appear in game, in fact the Gamegdg file has the same date as the original one I have. Also the ScrnGDG file seems to get installed twice (overwritten), once at the beginning and appears in the installation program progress a second time near the end.

Can someone confirm this error?

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Just noticed soldiers disappearing after surrender. Happened to units under my command, but AI Allied surrendered with normal hands waving, while walking to the rear ... was Ost I was using.

Priapus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I mentioned this in a previous post, but noone responded. Is road rubble supposed to block LOS at ground level? This has been a real pain on the Arromanches map.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

davidssfx wrote (View Post):
Just noticed soldiers disappearing after surrender. Happened to units under my command, but AI Allied surrendered with normal hands waving, while walking to the rear ... was Ost I was using.

Surrendered soldiers are only visible when you have a friendly unit with LOS to them.
When your soldiers surrender dan start the shameful walk to the enemy rear area...you will probably loose LOS to them.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:09 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

most rubble elements are 2 metres high  except bridges which is zero

errr... that was in the last official patch , I think, don't know if it's changed for the beta patch

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
davidssfx wrote (View Post):

Surrendered soldiers are only visible when you have a friendly unit with LOS to them.
When your soldiers surrender dan start the shameful walk to the enemy rear area...you will probably loose LOS to them.

hahaha ... I never thought of that ... thanks  Smile

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

When playing windowed mode, then pausing mid game and letting the screen saver come up crashes my game when I move the mouse so the screensaver goes away, an error appears and the game quits.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: