Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

It is included when you DL the latest version of 5CC... I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
It is included when you DL the latest version of 5CC... I believe.

Nope! 5CC's latest version = v1.14, released May 2009.
The latest TerrainElementTables added is CCWaRElements.txt...no CCTLD elements table conversion.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Forward thinking included all tLD elements in the WaR Elements.txt file.

If you are have the latest 5cc you are ready to go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up about the elements file, Shreckie!

Cross-post from the Matrix forum:

A closer look at Hedgerow coding...

Hedgerows coding on new maps are different from the original CC5 maps (which are also included in CCTLD).
On the original CC5 maps (and the GJS maps), Hedgerows are coded with raised elevation (to represent the raised earth/mounds they were planted on).  On the new CCTLD maps, Hedgerows are on level ground...without elevation coding...also (new) Bocage element is usually added in the center of Hedgerows.

Anyone notice this? On the new maps it's easier to get LOS through Hedgerows 'cause they're not as high as Hedgerows on the original maps?

Original maps:

New map:

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

But that map is a CC5 map and there are reports of LOS through that diagonal hedgerow??????

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

But that map is a CC5 map and there are reports of LOS through that diagonal hedgerow??????

You mean La Fiere Causeway AKA Mederet above?
The LOS through that diagonal hedgerow is only possible in CCTLD (incl. CCTLD Classic CC5).

Try the Mederet map in stock CC5 and you won't be able to reproduce the LOS anomaly...a bug in the new exe or CCTLD elements file issue?
The map coding AFAIK is exactly the same.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:06 am Post subject: CCTLD Custom French Commando Ranks Reply with quote

I've been kept busy with PJ's CC5: SOC v1.2 and my current CCTLD multiple Ops...but finally spared some time to go back to this 'project'.
Took a while to find a design that's easily identifiable as "ranks worn between the 2nd and 3rd button".
Latest revision...and should be the final version.

In game screenshot:

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:06 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Way to go squadleader_id they look good!!!

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Thanks, Tejszd!
I'm also planning a small fix for the German Panzer crew ranks when I have time...maybe also German Assault Gun crew ranks with historical uniforms (Assault Gun wrap).
Panzer crew ranks will be just gadget updates...but Assault Gun ranks will need some minor teams data editing.

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

ditto - nice work!

7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:15 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

squadleader - will the french commando ranks be part of a file we can download here at CCS?

Nice work.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Glad you like them, Guys...
Actually the French Commando ranks might be included in the official patch (along with Brit Para ranks - feat Denison Smock camo design)...but I'm not 100% sure...Jim's calling the shots on this one  Wink
IMO this a 'more efficient route of distributing them'...rather than making them available via a separate graphic/gadget sub-mod.

If you know how to fiddle with the CCTLD gadget files (use GadgetMunger)...I can send you the gadget files to test out...just send me a PM.

BTW, my next CCTLD gadget project is this one:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7162

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:24 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

How is it possible for this Brittish Bren team to take out my Gun through 3 - 4 buildings? maybe they have 20 mm Lahti AT ammunition in their Bren MG....  just asking.. Rolling Eyes

Mats

hur i helvete!.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.21 KB
 Viewed:  20515 Time(s)

hur i helvete!.JPG

Image1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.27 KB
 Viewed:  20516 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:52 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Just bought the game yesterday and noticed that whilst playing the Omaha operation as the Axis, troops I place inside the bunkers are unable to get an LOS onto the beach. This makes the bunkers next to useless. Am I incorrectly placing my troops? Is this issue also present in the GC? Overall I'm thoroughly impressed. The AI's very daring, if not slightly suicidal at times. Maps are superb aswell.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:27 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

For maps like Dog Green the LOS from the bunkers is along the beach not directly out to sea.

This was to protect the emplacements from naval gunfire and to give the emplaced troops a devastating Line of Fire all the way down the beach.

Priapus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:39 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

For maps like Dog Green the LOS from the bunkers is along the beach not directly out to sea.

This was to protect the emplacements from naval gunfire and to give the emplaced troops a devastating Line of Fire all the way down the beach.

Yes, but my troops only have an LOS of 2 or 3 metres before its inexplicably blocked.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

??

Any more info?

A0075.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  20387 Time(s)

A0075.jpg

Priapus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought I would be able to shoot directly onto the beach from the front of those bunkers.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I have noticed that company leaders are lower in rank than Platoonleaders if you don't put them as the leader of 1st platoon...  Shocked
so what's the difference between them exempt team and weapon config?
I should think that Cie leaders radius is bigger than those of a Pl commander

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

look at the difference in deployment zones in the game en on the map in the left corner  Confused

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  332.97 KB
 Viewed:  20321 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: