Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 pm Post subject: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

All-

I created a Realism sound mod for the Der Ost Front 2.0 mod (Cross of Iron). All of the small arms sounds are sampled from actual recordings of those weapons putting rounds downrange. I posted the mod to be added to the downloads of this site about a month ago, but there has been no response.

Non-Plugin, Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Mod (Cross of Iron):
CCS Link

Installation: Go into the LocalFX folder of Cross of Iron and copy the original Sound.sfx file to your desktop or a back-up folder. Paste this bad boy over the old Sound.sfx file.

*STICKLER'S NOTE* The configuration in the weapons data file has the same sound wave file assigned for the Walter P-38/Tokarev TT33 pistols, and also the same wave file for the DShK 1938 MG/Goryunov SG43 MGs. So I had to choose one sound to represent the pistols and one sound to represent the MGs listed above. For the pistols, the actual sound is the P-38 and for the MGs the actual sound is the DShK 1938. I did not want to modify the original weapon data file. Just a side note for those wondering why those particular weapon sounds are identical.

Twisted Evil

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

Hi I just installed DOF2 with your soundmod.
Very good job
But i have one question... when i want to give a move/fire/smoke order, but i cancel it, you can here an odd sound (the same i think as a soldier throwing a grenade)
Is this normal????
Nevertheless really great job you did  Cool

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:34 am Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

It's normal

The grenade throwing sound is the default sound I picked for errors, attempting to deploy troops during set-up in darkened areas, cancelling orders, and stuff like that

thanks  Twisted Evil

jdracul

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 am Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

I am looking for the best sound mod that is more accurate than the sorry stock sounds of the original game.  Incredible sounds like the VetBob sound mod for CC4, for instance.  I installed this sound mod but a large number of the sounds were botched for the actions they are trying to replicate.  For instance, tank cannon sounds for the Maxim HMG, HE mortar sounds for smoke mortars from the tanks, StuH 42 Cannon sounds that are the popping sounds of a grenade pin, etc.  These are only a few of the many major annoyances with this mod.  Did I not get the install of this mod right?  It is unplayable due to so many innaccuracies of the assigned sounds.

What is the best sound mod for this game?  Can I use earlier CC3 sounds mods installed on top of a CoI install?  I have the patch installed, btw.

J

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 am Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

jdracul-

It sounds like you might have installed these sounds for the stock Cross of Iron game rather than Der Ost Front? Not sure. In that case the sounds will be mixed up. This sound mod is meant strictly for the Der Ost Front 2.0 mod of Cross of Iron.

When it comes to sounds in Close Combat, each mod (Grossdeutchland, Real Red, etc.) or version of the game (CCIII, TLD, LSA...etc.) may have weapons assigned to different wave files, rather than one standard across the board for all games. One mod could code an MG34 as sound#20, while another mod could have it listed as sound#4. Because of this, sound mods specify exactly which mod or game they compliment.

There are other sound mods located in the downloads section of this site that you could explore for the various versions of close combat and associated mods.

Hope this helped- Twisted Evil

jdracul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

HI RD,

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe that is what happened.  I couldn't believe it would have been that messed up.  I will delete the whole thing and restart from scratch.  I look forward to trying your mod and appreciate the effort.  Glad to hear it was my install and not the intended mod.   Embarassed

For out of the box CoI, what sound mod do you think is most captivating?  So many of the stock sounds in CC3 were horrible and just those changed alone, can totally revamp the mood of the game.

J

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

jdracul-

Quick note: always copy original files that you intend to replace to your desktop or a personal back-up folder before copying over them- that way you can go back to the original configuration if you don't like what you changed. Plugins work differently...they create a back-up for you when you install them and automatically put the original files back in place when you uninstall the plugin.

I'm not sure if other sound mods are out there for stock COI, but I made some. Here are the links to a German player version plugin and a Russian player version plugin:

German Player Version

Russian Player Version

Just find the plugins folder in the Cross of Iron folder and place the downloaded plugin file there. Use mod swap to install the sound mod.

Twisted Evil

jdracul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

Hi RD,

Thanks for the info.  I did play with your Russian sound mod on a stock CoI game and it is a killer mod!  Thank you!  I have another question that maybe you can help on.

I had installed, maybe incorrectly, your DOR2 mod and when I had the problem with the sound from my earlier post, I simply deleted the entire game off the HD.  This is on a win7 pro 64 bit os NOT using XP compatability which is not needed to run normal CoI.  I uninstalled the game through the regular game menu uninstall utility and then saw directories still on the HD so I deleted them all.  When I did a fresh install of the entire game in an attempt to install your DOR2 mod, BEFORE I installed your mod, the mod comes up in Mod Swap Utility as already installed and will not let me clear it out or install anything else.  When I try to uninstall it, it does not let me.  When I try to reinstall it, it says already installed.  Is there a cache somewhere else hidden in the OS that it is hanging onto?  I cannot clear it out despite deleting all CC directories on my hd.

J

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 am Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

Check the Windows7 64bit virtual store directory;

C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III

jdracul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:46 am Post subject: Re: ~Der Ost Front 2.0 Realism Sound Mod~ Reply with quote

Great, thanks.  I am still learning Win 7.  I was thinking about doing a system restore at an earlier time like xp but I don't know if that is in Win 7.  

I went to the directory you told me and simply deleted the mod out of the virtual store.  Hope that was right.  Shocked

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: