Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 pm Post subject: Connection problem Reply with quote

Hi

Since changing my hard disc I've found it impossible to connect with other players either through gamespy or by direct connection using TCP.  When hosting it shows my IP address but when trying to join another game it doesn't show my IP address.  Also I see the yellow game description but when I click it the game freezes and the host IP address disappears, eventually it goes back to searching for a game mode but with no host IP address.

All ports required for gamespy are open on my router and I've altered the registry key to allow TCP/IP forwarding for all network connections.  My firewall allows both gamespy and cc5.
I can't think what the problem is, no doubt its something I've forgotten.  Any help would be much appreciated.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Connection problem Reply with quote

These are never easy to solve... The freezing problem is a bit wierd. I can only guess at it.... Try reinstalling your network card drivers, there may be a hardware conflict there. Besides your router firewall, have you managed your window firewall (cc5.exe unblocked)?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:46 am Post subject: Re: Connection problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice but I managed to solve the problem yesterday.  I had all the ports on the router open correctly but had not set up the network connection.  My poor memory I'm afraid.  Simple when you know how.

The following illustrates the setup to help others with a similar problem.

First ensure the correct ports are forwarded using your router software and make a note of the address you forward the ports to.

Then go into the network connection as follows. - My PC uses Windows XP - my router is a ZyXEL P-660R-D1

1. Click Start and then Control Panel

2. Click Network and Internet Connections.

To configure your IP settings, follow these steps in the Network Connections window

1. Right-click your network connection,(Local Area Connection for me) and then click Properties

2. On the General tab, under 'Local Area Conection properties', click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Then click the Properties button.

3. In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box, configure your network settings - see below - , and then click OK. Click Close to return to the Network Connections window.

Settings Illustration - numbers are not the actuals you need to find yours - more info below.

Click Radio Button – 'Use the following IP address'

IP address:   296.111.1.12  –  same as you used for port forwarding on your router

Subnet mask: - automatic on my machine but you can find it using ipconfig - see below

Default gateway: 296.111.1.1

Click Radio button – 'Use the following DNS server addresses:'

Preferred DNS server: same as Default gateway for my setup

Alternative DNS server: leave blank - no alternative in my setup there may be in yours

The Default gateways etc. can be picked up by running the - ipconfig /all - command from the C:\ prompt in a Command prompt window. See http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
I can't set up a static IP address as this article suggests but even so I can use my router to connect.  Needless to say, this time,  I've made a note of all the settings for future use.

Hope this helps someone else

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: Connection problem Reply with quote

Glad you figured it out, this should be useful for others.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am Post subject: Re: Connection problem Reply with quote

I've just installed a wireless network on top of my existing cables LAN.

right out of the box everything worked fine... except of course the Close Combat Games.

I initially had a D-Link Router/ADSL modem with cables and switches running to my 4 PC's ans XBox 360.

Set up was as Iron 45 posted above on the D-Link.

With the addition of 2 new Laptops and relocation of the XBOX we added a Belkin wireless router.

All was sweet except for the CC connection...grrr.

But after a couple of weeks researcha nd trial and error I have it all working.

The D-Link had to be placed in Bridge Mode so it acted just as a modem.

The Belkin was then switched to pppoe mode and all the login details entered as per Iron45's post.

yaahooo!  now it works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: