Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
rob86

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:51 pm Post subject: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I just had an urge to play CC3 again after a long time. I've never played multiplayer CC but I'm interested in trying it out. Anyone still play or is the game too old now? I have a slow internet connection but I think it'd be adequate to play a slow-ish game like Close Combat.

fruitbar

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

i still play it. however multiplayer is different story for me though since igz died long ago. i havent tried playing it multiplayer in other ways.

mekman

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

Ill play you later today about 4:00pm est. Or get back with me tonight. At any rate, you can contact me at jprescotti [at] verizon [dot] net. You must have the CC3 to play me. I have the mod too. Email me and I'll give you the ip to join in with.  ~ mekman

rob86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:08 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I've never played CC3 online before, what do I need? Just a full install of CC3 with the update and your IP ? If there's anything else I need let me know. Do you not use Hamachi? I haven't had a chance to use it but I have it installed, I thought that's what people generally used.

I can usually play any day after 8pm EST but if that's not a good time I suppose 4pm to 8 is a possibility on some days. I wont be able to play at 4 tomorrow (monday) but I can get on later.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:40 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I have stock CC3 set up for gameranger. I prefer Cross of Iron but if someone is looking for a game hit me up.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB

Last edited by US_Brake on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

fortyofforty

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I still play.  In fact, I am converting other people to players, too.  Now I am trying to install some of the mods from this site, but I don't remember how to get them to work.  The last time I did it, it was Real Red and that was years ago.  I am working on getting the Afrika mod or mods installed (with no luck so far, but I haven't given up).  Is there a sticky somewhere that explains where to unzip the files and how to access them?  I couldn't find it if there is.

SLAAKMAN

Rep: 13.2
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

Hey dudes. Yes we still play it on GS, Hamachi or via IP. I can send you the Real Red 8.22 mod if you need it. We usually rally at the Doggie forum;
http://maddogdrivethru.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2197

Piers: According to your League site it reports that you lost a game to SLAKKATTAK last night?

US_Brake: Yes I did, but I would rather not discuss that.

rob86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

To install the RealRed mod I had to download and install Config51 and "load" the mod with that application. I don't know if that's what you want to know or not, since you've probably been in the community longer than I have it seems unlikely I'd be helping you lol

Also, I found it necessary to have the FULL install of CC3 and not the minimal one because the minimal one is missing necessary files.

I've never heard of the "Doggie" forum, but i'll check it out..

fortyofforty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

Actually I have the RR mod installed already (what a terrific mod to an already good game!).  The computer is not letting me install another mod (let's say France 1940) with the Real Red already there.  I sure don't want to overwrite RR, but would like to try to have both, if possible.  The Config51 recognizes that there is a mod in place and won't install France 1940 on top of it (which is better than losing Real Red, at this point).  So, that's where I am at.  Hmmmm.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

Using config manager to  uninstall RR

You can then install France 1940.

Your RR saved game will remain in place waiting for you to re-install RR.

Always a good Idea to give campaigns there special name  eg RRGC, FRGC,  etc

Using config. manager you can have a s many mods "on the go"  as you want.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

fortyofforty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Using config manager to  uninstall RR

You can then install France 1940.

Your RR saved game will remain in place waiting for you to re-install RR.

Always a good Idea to give campaigns there special name  eg RRGC, FRGC,  etc

Using config. manager you can have a s many mods "on the go"  as you want.

Shocked  That is awesome.  So there is no real downside, as long as the Config51 maintains the RR and FR mods, I can endlessly switch back and forth?  I will give it a try (maybe after I finish my current RRGC as the Russians).  Thanks for everybody's help!

Banker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

rob86 wrote (View Post):
Anyone still play or is the game too old now?

Every day...  Very Happy

GreyDog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I play every day  - its great. Never played against human though:-(

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:32 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

To play CC3 vs Human is the best way to enjoy the game. Meet me and others at Gameranger.com lobby. I also have the other CC games including Cross of Iron. If you have never tried playing online give it a shot you won't regret it.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

fecherico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I play every single day. I´d just like play against a human. How do I do?

Thanks

Tranchemontagne

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

I just re installed CC3 with GD mod.

This fantastic game is still playable after more than 10 years.
My young son, 10 old, is playing too and although it seems to bee violent for such a young boy , he asks many questions on history.

ogrando

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

hi

I played CC3 with and without mod for years. Now I play CC:Cross of Iron, the remake with new maps and fix.
If a young boy play with a game like this I think is a good thing. The bad games are other.

Ciggy

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:39 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

errr noob here..
first off ill say hi :)

i first played CC when it was released 10 or so years ago (geez im old) and now ive acquired a copy of 'russian front' and ive been jamming it for the last week or two.
usually play battlefield 1942.
just joined the site mainly to figure out if i could play online and had a browse through some mods.
recently installed the REALRED mod and it really has turned the game into something else.
cant say ive got any complaints with it so far.

i have to say probably the things that bug me the most that i can think of are:
1) my soldiers surrendering
2) my tanks or AT guns dwelling on shooting at a target as it comes into its LOS
3) my injured commander waddling round the battlefield because he cant rest

GREAT GAME besides these minor setbacks

would also like to know if the afrika mod is worth getting along with maps?
and is there any mod for the italy side. particularly monte carlo?
or any mods with New Zealand/Australian troops?
i think the 'Maori battalion' would be a great mod as they were savage warriors who terrified the enemy.
and you could make them do the haka to boost team morale and scare enemy infantry

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

Quote:
1) my soldiers surrendering

One of the strong points of CC is its morale system, in CC3 you will see different teams have different morale, higher it is they can be more independent, lower it is they need to be babysat by a commander or keep them from harms way. Also, them not resting can seriously affect their morale, I think it's 3 continues battles what they can take before asking for a rest. Press the space bar to see the commander radius.

Quote:
2) my tanks or AT guns dwelling on shooting at a target as it comes into its LOS

Try setting them on ambush and then set them on defense when a tank comes into LOS. Keep tanks from shooting at infantry if there are still enemy tanks around if you can avoid it.

Quote:
3) my injured commander waddling round the battlefield because he cant rest

One tiny odd thing about CC3, but hey, take it on the bright side, he is practically immortal so you can have him do dangerous things when nothing else can be done. The commander "dieing" on battle seriously affects overall morale though.

Ciggy

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play CC3? Reply with quote

thanks for the reply dude.

since posting that last message ive learnt how to play a bit better.
i realize you have to be pretty patient with the AI.
(it takes a longtime for them to agree to a truce when asked)

i like the way the morale works, its just a bit strange how sometimes your tank crew will bail out and surrender to a small squad with no real reason.
i have also since discovered that putting most units on ambush at the beginning helps (except the big muthas).
the original game without mods is good but lately ive been playing with RealRed, Pacific, Afrika and Valley of Tears mods.

Realred made the game feel more balanced and realistic.
The Pacific mod is probably my fave. (alot of hardout close combat action)(jap officers have swords even!) ive had to replay several maps on some campaigns coz i keep getting pushed back (makes it a little harder than the standard game)
Afrika is fun but im more into my infantry battles over tanks and these levels are quite open.
Valley of Tears is based on more modern desert wars and the maps are alot larger and quite open also.

good point on the "invincible" commander (and i wasnt aware of the morale drop for his demise)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: