Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1209
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:17 pm Post subject: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Is there official word this is happening for sure then?

Of is this still speculation...

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

I think there is official speculation

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:53 am Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Oh boy, then Ill stand firm.

If they simply make ABTF with WAR/TLD engine, its a gaddman money grab mod.

The proper thing to do would be rework the CC2 engine which was gold.. but the manpower involved and considering CC2 is freeware right now would mean little if any profit to offset cost. Not a smart business decision.

Ill simply wait for the CC5 mod of ABTF which is in works...

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Without a doubt the CC engine went downhill after CC 2.  Although I am a big fan of the series it seems like all the games in CC has been a disappointment in one way or another since CC2.  I hope there is enough leftover info floating around out there somewhere to re-work CC2 on its own merits without melding it into a WAR/TLD gobbledygook.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Exactly. It was only about adding gadgets like super-weapons and the strategic minigame. But they didn't fix the retarded AI, they didn't fix the retarded path-finding - they didn't do any real improvements of the tactical layers - it's just making easy cash on selling the same faulty tactical game, but with different campaign systems.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 am Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle wrote (View Post):
and considering CC2 is freeware right now

I must have missed something, since when has CC2 been freeware?

-Nembo

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:49 am Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Nembo wrote (View Post):

I must have missed something, since when has CC2 been freeware?

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/strategy_games/games_c/close_combat_2_a_bridge_too_far.html

not for free, but cheap: 5.95 $

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 am Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Does it come with a virus - free of charge?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

No it doesnt, why on earth would it?

If you go to TH, the hub of CC2, you will find alot of the newest CC2 players have gotten it from freeware and there is no virus complaints.

Its not Pirated either, all over the table fine. I have seen a few copies in bargin bins of EB Games for $5 not 2 months ago Pennsylvania and 2-3 weeks ago here in Montreal if soemone wants the cover and all..

But 3ST can make more money with ABTR mod on WAR/TLD if we think there is a virus on freeware...

mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

I have downloaded it also from the underdogs website and it contains no virus. Its a perfectly working copy. If the powers that be really have a problem with that, they would of done something years ago.

Anyways... I am pretty sure its official, they are working on the maps now.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

I have downloaded it also from the underdogs website and it contains no virus. Its a perfectly working copy. If the powers that be really have a problem with that, they would of done something years ago.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:03 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Well, wait for what will be ABTF on the WAR/TLD engine to be released. Take the terrain file and within about 20-30 minutes create a simple TLD to CC2 excel conversion file and them import the new maps into CC2. Voila... nice new maps no extra cost. You likely need a tweak in the GC, no biggie..

The sole strenght to the CC 3ST team is the graphics crew, in particular thier map makers Shane and Jim. So we can use thier converted maps..

If the maps are BIGGER than Cc2 limit, well ytou can cut map down, BUT if the maps are bigger than CC2 size, then this will be a poor product as its been agreeed to repeatedly the small sized maps are key to why CC2 is so good, superior in playability (especially with AI) and loved so much in the community.

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

[intelligence]So, you have a lot of experience with viruses in pirated stuff you download?

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

I think mooxe got an MSN virus from his ABTF download... or so he said.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Hi gents.  

Hope we can fix the dwindling games played ratio.

I think the main reason for that is... connection or Lack thereof.

I tried to play a 2 player game of Close Combat Modern Tactics Mod called "CC2 Redux" last week.  I was really EXCITED.  1) I haven't been able to find anyone to play.  2) The player i was about to have my 1st game with (instead of A.I.) was one whom i was truly humbled and honoured to be sharing said game with!   :D

We couldn't connect.  And we tried every which way! known to man.  :D

Three weeks ago, i bought a BROTHERS in ARMS game called Hell's Highway.  Originally, released back last yr. 08' of Oct.  It has a multi-player online mode that worked perfectly First Time!

I believe that all of the New Redo CC games had that CONNECTION Program incorporated into the game SALES would sky rocket.  And note pls.  If the CC2 Redo had it...  sales would justify retro-actively inserting it into all of the later releases of CC Redo's.

My 2 zillion cent worth.  Wink

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:48 am Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

I had the same problem.

ssa2204

Rep: 10.5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

I just had to chime in my two cents. I could not agree more with the sentiment that since the early days they have done absolutely nothing with the AI, and worse the pathing! How ironic I see this just after exiting a game due to utter frustration with the pathing.

For whatever reason I just had the worst games. I was playing the Gold/Juno mod as Germans. I had an isolated force that was low on fuel and ammo, with two tanks left. I have just about won the map, thus able to move my force back for resupply. First tank inexplicably backs up out into the street going the opposite direction of where I want it to go. Since it is backing out, rear exposed, it is no problem for the Sherman down the street I wanted to out maneuver. Next tank dies as I need to rush it forward fast, instead it sits and spins, goes off in the wrong direction into a hedge and looses a track. Thus the Firefly had easy pickings.

This is CC5....5 games and never an improvement with either AI or path finding. My biggest complaint towards Matrix is they essentially have done nothing more than re-released games with mods built in for more than I paid for the original. I understand their price is going to be higher simply because the market is so damn small now for these games. But...a certain company that supposedly works on these games has done nothing either to improve the AI or pathing as well. You would think with some nice government funding this would improve somewhat. Well, there is a reason I got sick of CCMT quickly.

But, as for CC2 it would be nice to see an updated game, specifically with updated maps! I don't care too much for the current ABTF mods as they simply use converted maps which I find outdated.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

The CC2 rerelease will most likely be something like WaR or TLD but set during Operation Market Garden. I highly doubt they are taking the actual CC2 game and reworking it. Infact, its more or less not a rerelease, just another recycled game engine with new maps.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Matrix doe not or ever has published CC5

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: So Officially WILL THERE BE a CC2 Rerelease? Reply with quote

Matrix doe not or ever has published CC5

Yep...but Matrix published 2 games based on the CC5 engine  Wink
Looks like the CC2 re-release will be the third one?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: