Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
jonez68

Rep: 28.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Quote:
CC is sacred ground to many here,

Tough, it's just a game[/quote]

Its a product that provides revenue for Matrix, though, so is that why it conveniently becomes more than a game for you.  You get riled up anytime someone says anything derogatory about Matrix.  Next time you start doing your cheerleading and advertising for Matrix, pleading that people take a look at CoI or TLD, the community should just say, "Tough, we've got a fully functioning Close Combat game, we don't need you."

You see, Schrecken, it works both ways.

By your own admission (and no one would dispute it), Matrix is interested in being “in the black,” ONLY.  The majority of the CC community doesn't care about that.  They want to see CC (and the community) flourish, enough so, that many members spent their time, working hard, modifying CC and sharing the fruit of their labor with the community, free of charge.

These people, who were working on CC long before Matrix saw CC as another cash cow for them, show a beauty in their character that Matrix doesn't show; and that is, while they both have worked on improving CC, one has decided to do it for monetary profit and the other for the sake of the game, itself.  Money doesn't enter into the equation for these fine people (the mod makers), and that's why you find that many here are not Matrix cheerleaders.

Sure, Matrix has made improvements to CC, but they did it with a vested interest (monetary gain) in mind.  The people that kept the life blood flowing through the CC community, and who get the glory in the minds of many in our community, is the mod makers.  Bless them.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:02 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Quote:
You get riled up anytime someone says anything derogatory about Matrix.

Where's all the yimes I get riled up about matrix?

Quote:
Tough, we've got a fully functioning Close Combat game,."

But that's not true

Quote:
that many members spent their time, working hard, modifying CC and sharing the fruit of their labor with the community, free of charge.

and now most of them have gone because the game wasn't supported by publisher or developer.

Quote:
he people that kept the life blood flowing through the CC community, and who get the glory in the minds of many in our community, is the mod makers.  Bless them.

And these are the people who have lead the development work on CC the past few years enabling a product that was good enough to entice a publisher into backing it.

Can you imagine how the community would have continued to wither, as it had been. Only since CoI was released in early 2007 and then following further releases has the community gained some spark.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

jonez68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Schrecken, I entered this thread because Zturm (on page 2) gave his commentary on CoI to which you replied that if he thought CoI was "half-assed" then his life must be, because he played CC for many years and enjoyed it.  You failed to see that he made a distinction between CoI and the original CC games, but more to the point, you still told a user on this forum that his life was "half-assed."  You sounded riled up there.

I've pointed out in previous posts that I can appreciate Matrix, but that I can see why some in our community have chosen to shun them.

I don’t really care to summarize our discussion again; just re-read our discussion if it doesn’t make sense, please.  If our discussion has devolved into repeating ourselves, I don’t care to go any further with you, and it seems like I've had to repeat myself twice because you haven't added anything new to your argument.

It was nice chatting with you, though, Schrecken.  You've done a good job for Matrix, these last few days; I'm sure they're really proud of you for sticking up for them on this forum. :)

Ciao, for now, my friend.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:30 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

Can you imagine how the community would have continued to wither, as it had been. Only since CoI was released in early 2007 and then following further releases has the community gained some spark.

Its quite a combination of events and actions that keep this going. Too many to pin it on any single event. From all my site stats I keep, I have seen no spark nor any withering in the amount of people that come here. The traffic and interest for this site atleast has been a steady plateau. New users coming in, old users leaving, a constant flow.

I have attached CCS stats from January 2008 to date of this post.

CCS_20080101-20091202_(DashboardReport)[1].zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCS_20080101-20091202_(DashboardReport)[1].zip
 Filesize:  176.96 KB
 Downloaded:  364 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

jonez68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:42 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Thanks for the stats, Mooxe; that was a breath of fresh air.

Jonez

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:50 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

The word used was community, I understand that CCS makes up one of a handful of places. All these places share a large amount of the same visitors, CCS stats are probably a good indication of whats going on elsewhere.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

yeh

I see a spike at each new release

I then see a general tapering off until the next release.

I also see 40% of visitors come here by mistake and that seems pretty constant.

My guess would be that since Matrix set up forums they must take up some peoples time, expecially new players that don't even know there are community sites.

Jonez68 - you keep repeating yourself about repeating yourself and yet you get the original quote wrong... so maybe you had better reread and repeat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

yeh

I see a spike at each new release

I then see a general tapering off until the next release.

I also see 40% of visitors come here by mistake and that seems pretty constant.

My guess would be that since Matrix set up forums they must take up some peoples time, expecially new players that don't even know there are community sites.

Jonez68 - you keep repeating yourself about repeating yourself and yet you get the original quote wrong... so maybe you had better reread and repeat.

What you are meaning "by mistake" would best be termed as "bounce rate." Bounce rate is the % of visitors that come here either by mistake, or just drop in and check and see if anything is new and leave. For example, you come here to the main page of CCS, see that nothing is new, then close the tab. Your visit was probably less than 10 seconds then you left, thats a bounce. Or someone visits here because the site came up on a search, they see front page and determine this isnt what they are looking for and leave, another bounce. The bounce rate is 32%.

I see the spikes to obviously. The spikes lasted a few days. Wacht Am Rhein spike is the highest (Oct 2008). The spike for TLD (May 2009) would be more like a bump, followed by the lowest number of visitors to CCS since the site opened, traffic dipped below 500 people a day which lasted almost one week. The stats from the previous years shows spikes on all major mod releases, the original stalingrad mod brought the most traffic here ever in one day - to this day, about 80gigs in traffic the day it was released. CoI and CCMT also spiked, but with mods or rereleases it all drops down back to normal in a few days.

Anyways, you can draw a straight line from one side to the other and the highs and lows are pretty much the same. Overall from the stats attached in this thread, its a plateau with small waves.

Looking back at the previous years, there has been a slow steady decline. The years 2005/2006/2007 traffic averages per day were more in the 750-900 people per day, whereas 2007/2008/2009 its more like 550-750 per day.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:44 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking back at the previous years, there has been a slow steady decline. The years 2005/2006/2007 traffic averages per day were more in the 750-900 people per day, whereas 2007/2008/2009 its more like 550-750 per day.

I think I said similar

jonez68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Quote:

I think I said similar

Yes, of course you did, Schrecken.  Very Happy

I see that you're pretty set in your thinking, Schreck, so really, please don't address me anymore in your replies.  Thank you.

Jonez

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Hey... Don't run aweay.

When you're wrong just take it on the chin like a man.

Mooxe stumps up every time after contradicting himself, it's what makes this place such a fun hangout.

jonez68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

My last response was really to illustrate how thoughtless your last reply to me was.  You make two charges against me; I’m repeating myself and I’m misquoting.  You had no problems making the claims, but you didn’t show any evidence to support them.
That’s why my response was terse.

You see, Schreck, it’s really quite simple and not difficult to understand: a commercial entity, Matrix, by the consensus of this community (and CC gamers that don’t frequent message boards, like this one, that I know), has repackaged an old game and had the audacity to not only charge an inflated price, but to ask us to support them.
That’s the problem that I shed light upon.  You’ve already admitted that the character of the mod makers is superior to Matrix, whose sole interest in CC is to make money.

I mean, think about this, even if you get the “the last word” you so desperately want here on this message board, the consumers that disagree with you (many from what I can tell), will in fact, win ultimately because they will simply choose to boycott Matrix and not buy from them (like I have freely done).  Additionally, I’ve seen that the torrent links on the first page direct people to certain Matrix games that have been successfully pirated and are available free to download.  

Good luck with stemming the tide on both of those issues, my friend. :)

You’ve shown yourself to be someone that makes up “facts” (like downloading torrents will destroy a person’s computer (page 1) or the CC community withering away only to be saved by Matrix releases (page 3)), which makes it unproductive to continue speaking to you.  

Really, is it necessary for you to continue?  Can your ego allow for people to have a differing opinion than you?
Again, I would sincerely appreciate it if you would stop addressing me in your posts.  Either don’t acknowledge this message or simply state that you understand and will comply with my request; please be respectful and heed my request.

Thank you and I sincerely hope that you will have a wonderful day, Schrecken.  

Jonez

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

1.  A virus killed my OS many years ago... lucky i had backups.

Quote:
the CC community withering away only to be saved by Matrix releases

I didn't say that.

i did say the community was withering over years which mooxe has backed up quoting from his stats.

I did say that the releases had spiked interst which mooxe has backed up by quoting from his stats.  (although mooxe has charcterised tLD as a bump)

Please stop making stories up about me because you are losing an argument.

being in the honorable position of being a modder does not equate to endorsing torrent downloads of copyright material no matter how you try and screw the argument you put forward.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

So anyways....

Whenever we are done trainwrecking this thread I'll split it off.... If someone is looking for a torrent I dont want them to wade through all the crap.

jonez68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
So anyways....

Whenever we are done trainwrecking this thread I'll split it off.... If someone is looking for a torrent I dont want them to wade through all the crap.

Sorry about that, mooxe.

And Schreck, like I said, good luck with bringing an end to the hundreds of torrent downloads of Matrix games, daily.  Matrix has, most likely, already lost thousands of dollars so far.  You better do a better job policing up these "illegal"downloaders soon, or else you won't have a business to support anymore!  *gasp*  You're life will be over, then!

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Please , get over your fixation on my posts.

Quote:
Matrix has, most likely, already lost thousands of dollars so far

I'm sure matrix realise this and cost it into pricing, so everyone else pays a higher price so mooxe can gain more street credibilty as champion of the little guy.  [snort]

You gain more cred as another that has fired an arrow at scheck (oh 2 votes... woohoo), with all your scientific evidence of the hordes that shun matrix and you can all pat yourselves on the back.

and once again when (if) support and development is curtailed mooxe can say "I told you so"... it's called the self fulfilling prophecy.

For a fan site to actually promote the illegal download and distribution of the game it purports to love is warped at best and morally repugnant at least. It does nothing to expand the fan base and only encourages morally bankrupt individuals, people that you would not normally deal with in the real world.

Hey, but that's ok  you stepped in in defence of the person with the half-assed life your moral standing is as steadfast as your backbone - kuch like jellied eel.

Please don't feel you have to respond, I know you will be busy choking on bile.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Please , get over your fixation on my posts.

Quote:
Matrix has, most likely, already lost thousands of dollars so far

I'm sure matrix realise this and cost it into pricing, so everyone else pays a higher price so mooxe can gain more street credibilty as champion of the little guy.  [snort]

Its true, go ahead... blame me for the high prices.... Matrix Games never sets high prices for re-releases, this is not one of thier patterns. I suppose if I actually did torrent the re-rereleases then I could get some real credibility...

Ohh and the rest of your post...... dont make the mole speak about the new strat features in OMG! You are starting to anger the mole.... he speaks when hes angry.... ok?

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

Please start a Matrix pricing thread if you want to go down that track... otherwise you are way off topic.

CarlEmilWagner

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am Post subject: Re:finnish ss - man quote Reply with quote

"Where a Norwegian SS - man stands, the enemy will never break through" General Felix Steiner, Narva, 17 Jan. 1944[font=Century Gothic][/font

Accune crainte. Tuenela  n`attend...

sunkist1431

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:35 am Post subject: Re: CC Torrents Reply with quote

hi matthewhalos,

I saw your posting.  Maybe you should try a store Data Blitz (hope there is one) - in SM Davao. I bought my copy CC5  in the same store in Makati years back.  I think its better to have the original one.

Cheers!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: