Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

I heard, maybe here, that the Russians had a huge collection of working WW2 Russian/German tanks for the purpose of making films. Anyone else heard that?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Quote:
I heard, maybe here, that the Russians had a huge collection of working WW2 Russian/German tanks for the purpose of making films. Anyone else heard that?

well, there are several mobile WW2 tanks (T34, Hetzer, T70, T60, SU-85, PzIV, etc) in Kubinka tank museum (http://www.tankmuseum.ru/) that they lease to film-makers.
like these:
White Tiger (Belyy Tiger) movie.
T-34s

Burnt by the Sun 2 (Utomlennie solntsem 2)
PzIV from museum on a foreground and T44 made to look like PzIV in the background.

Some immobile WW2 tanks:
BT-5

Matilda II

M3 Lee

nowadays they also make mobile models of WW2 tanks:
Tiger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmnWwkT1x0&feature=player_embedded
PzIII

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

What is the name of the European made movie from the 200os that is fairly low budget production that has a Pak40, Hetzer, Stug, SDKFZ 251/1 Ketinkrad and multiple other moving German vehicles in it? It's a decent movie. Was looking for it a little awhile back, but stopped. Mistakenly thought it was another good movie called "Brothers War" but it is not.

Edit again here:

Researched some.. Brothers war does have a Hetzer also, but it's only at the beginning. Just watched it again. Also has a ketinkrad, Schwimwagon, K98, MP40.. Uni's look right and contrary to what many star studded films have (to me) a good story line. Maybe because it's unique, but I really enjoyed it.

It's not the one was thinking of anyway and still looking for that bonanza Axis vehicle movie that's being elusive so far.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Last edited by johnsilver on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

johnsilver,

That was "Band of Brothers." That was a GREAT mini series originally on HBO. Now it is a 6-DVD set.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Movie with all those actual vehicles is "Red Rose of Normandy" BTW. Finally found it again. Many have probably already seen it. Low budget, kind of cheesy, but liked it because of all of the vehicles and not that many WW2 movies even made really nowdays.

Tiger 131 made an appearance, Stug 4, Hetzer, Pak 40. That movie was a museum bonanza for us buffs who like to see real equipment.

Like seeing Aberdeen proving grounds in action.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Da3EgZUA0Y

not whinny Jude law in sight... Nice!

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

But they got the Fallen Fighters square mixed with the train station.  Laughing

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Hard to search the entire thread but did anyone mention The Lost Battalion?

Very good movie

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:43 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Hard to search the entire thread but did anyone mention The Lost Battalion?

Very good movie

One of my very favorite WW1 movies ever made. Been an awful lot of excellent WW1 movies actually the last 10 years or so. Beneath Hill 60 I rate up there just other that one Michael.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

The new Stalingrad movie out. Its done by the same guy who did 9th Company. Its going to suck royally. Reviews are already negative.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

I looked up new Stalingrad movie. And this is what i got. I have made no further investigation. Because all i need is this picture.  

I would describe it as lol.

I will now continue too read about it...

***Update,

This is the first Russian movie completely produced with 3D technology

Update: I have not seen it. They say don't judge a book by its cover. But in this case i think you can.

IF this is this is the movie you are referring to. Otherwise post a link.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:53 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGk2WZkFCCg

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
The new Stalingrad movie out. Its done by the same guy who did 9th Company. Its going to suck royally. Reviews are already negative.

hey mooxe, I was strongly against the director (Bondarchuk) after 9th Company, but I wastched this movie in IMAX 3d like 2 months ago with my wife and it was good - not a masterpiece but definitely a good war movie.
One should bear in mind that this movie is not about Stalingrad but about people in war - big drama. My wife started to cry during first minutes and couldn;t stop till the end. There was a total silence and just a women sobing in the hall - I've seen such only once, during Brest Fortress movie.

Recommended.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Agree! A fantastic Movie :-)

And Germans speak German ;-)

Mats

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

My way

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:07 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Maybe it's been said here already, but has anyone seen "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter " the German mini series this year? I've seen a few youtube shorts and it looks really good.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Yes i have seen the serie and it was real good  Smile

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY  heavy on the CGI but who knows, might be ok

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY  heavy on the CGI but who knows, might be ok

yeah looks pretty cool Smile

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Have seen 'unsere mutter, unsere vater' a few days ago...... pfffff..... that's what I call good television
a good story, good actors,... I rank this one easily on the same level as 'all quiet on the WF', 'Band of brothers' or 'Platoon'
It shows war as it is!

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: