Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 pm Post subject: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Have been thinking abouth this for a while and it would be fun with a GOODWOOD mini mod for GJS or standalone.
Is there any plans on making such a mod, OR is there any one intersted in making one?

My suggestion would be a new mini mod with new maps, GJS and TRSM units and Dima's data ( If its ok ).
Have a perfect book for this matter with lovely aerial photograhfs, and I can make scans if any one wants to do the maps.

Any one interested?

I my self can't mod very well at all.

"CC for ever"

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea, wish I could do the job...  Sad

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:50 am Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Hmm...I'm interested in helping out with this mini-mod.
I don't have much patience to create/paint maps from scratch though...but cut-and-paste from existing Normandy maps is preferable...coding is not a problem.
Karlmortar, how many maps do you think we need for this?  I hope you'll be doing most of the research for maps, units/BG, scenarios/battles etc.
I really need a new project to reignite my CC modding mood...and maybe one day finish the couple of "delayed" mod projects I've started these past few years  Wink

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:22 am Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Nice to see that someone finds it interesting! Very Happy

I will of course do all the researching, and for the maps, some we could probable re-use, but some new maps would be fun if possible.
For the number of maps needed, I don't know right now.
Later today I will post the needed number.
Is 10 maps to big for a minimod?

"CC for ever"

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 am Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

10 maps sounds great!
Like I said before...new maps based on the existing Normandy maps library (cup+paste, combining different maps) should be doable.
And you said you have aerials to work on...that should help a lot.

Data and most graphics from Dima's GJS-TRSM, right? I'm sure he won't mind...or maybe Dima has time to help out? Wink  Idea

Last edited by squadleader_id on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:45 am Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

He is more than welcome.
I will then check which 10 maps that will be included,and maybe squeeze in an extra "important" map.
We will use TRSM vehicles and a few from the original. Also 2-3 "brand new" vehicles as well, just for fun and some historical accuracy.

But I will put all this and more details in some sort of a list so we can see what needs to be done and will be fetured in this minimod.

"CC for ever"

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Hey!

Sounds good this proyect!

Operation Biting.."Raid On Bruneval"....Commandos Action........dreams Wink

Good Luck!

heia Safari!!

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Förresten Woulf, det hade varit gött att ha med dig i "teamet". Du får gärna BETA testa när den dagen kommer :wink:

Thank you DAK_Legion  Very Happy

"CC for ever"

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:22 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Nice idea, if you need to check any information regarding the Brit/Commonweath troops that took part let me know and I will see if I can be of assitance to you.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

That would be wonderful! Very Happy

At the moment I need as much info about the 11th,7th and GD armd Divs as possible. I have it pretty ok covered with 11th at the moment.

Right now Im not sure if im going to include the 2 inf div's and their task in securing the flanks.

"CC for ever"

bexx76

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

good idea! i suggest the operation BLUE COAT.
a little operation from 29 jul to 04 ago 1944, the continuing of gjs fights.
the forces:
British

British Second Army (Miles Dempsey)

British VIII Corps (Richard O'Connor)

British 15th (Scottish) Division (Gordon MacMillan)
       British Guards Armoured Division (Allan Adair)
       British 11th Armoured Division ("Pip" Roberts)
       British 3rd Infantry Division (temporarily attached[1]) (Lashmer Whistler)
       British 6th Guards Tank Brigade (Gerald Verney to 3 August then Sir Walter Barttellot)

British XXX Corps (Gerard Bucknall)

British 43rd (Wessex) Infantry Division (Gwilym Thomas)
       British 50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division (Douglas Graham)
       British 7th Armoured Division (George Erskine to 4 August then Gerald Verney)
       British 8th Armoured Brigade (George Prior-Palmer)

German

German Fifth Panzer Army (Heinrich Eberbach)
initially present:

German XLVII Panzer Corps (part) (Hans Freiherr von Funck)

German 276th Infantry Division (Kurt Badinski)
       German 326th Infantry Division (Viktor von Drabich-Wächter)

reinforcements:

II SS Panzer Corps (Wilhelm Bittrich)

9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen (Friedrich-Wilhelm Bock)
       10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg (Heinz Harmel)
       German 21st Panzer Division (Edgar Feuchtinger)
       1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (part) (Theodor Wisch)

karlmortar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:07 am Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Alright, here is a somewhat detailed list of what is going to be expected in this minimod:

-"new" maps 10-12
- new strat map
- TRSM and GJS vehicles and teams
- TRSM and GJS graphics
- a few new vehicles
- a few new units
- new sound
-18 July updated BG's
-New BG and units= The 16th Luftwaffe Field Division ( using FJ skins with new "colour")
- TRSM data with some minor modifications
-18-20 July "Grand Campaign"
-New Intro video
-new graphics

TRSM and GJS data,vehicles usw. will be used only if their authors think it is ok.

Does this sound ok, Squadleader?
This is only a early "draft", with a lot of room for modification.

A warning in advance: the open fields in the begining of the GC will be a nightmare!

"CC for ever"

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:26 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Looks great!

As for graphics...since it's a GJS mini-mod...why not keep it in the style of GJS for mainscreens etc...in the same design style (montage technique).
Unit/BG graphics using GJS style or "new" TLD wargame style?

If you've got most of the research done for BGs and units...maybe I can start working on that.
Any ideas for the Stratmap? GJS style or something more simple?

BTW, who else is interested in helping out?

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Glad to be of assistance to you....

Guards armoured at this time consisted of 3 armoured Battalions (2nd Grenadiers, 1st Coldstream and 2nd Irish) these were equipped with the Sherman V plus a Firefly in each troop.....operational strenght would have been around 50 tanks per Battalion.

The recce regt (2nd Welsh) who fielded the Cromwell IV would have added another 50 tanks to this total.

Each Battalion also incorporated a recce troop of Stuart VI's numbering around 10 vehicles.

The Infantry component was made up of a Motor Battalion (1st MR Grenadiers) of 3 companies plus a support company, organised along standard MR lines, and carried in 1/2 tracks and carriers.
Plus 3 infantry Battalions (5th Coldstream, 3rd Irish & 1st Welsh) again each of 3 companies plus a support company, these did contain a few carriers in the support companies, but the main body of the infantry rifle companies were carried by truck.

Divisional support units included the 21st ATR equipped with M10 Achilles and 17pdr towed guns, 4 batteries of 12 in each.

These are probably the main fighting elements that you will need, however if you require the Engineers, Artillery etc. just ask.

I'll send you the details of the 7th Armoured soon, as you probably know this was the only Armoured Division fuly equipped with the Cromwell in 1944, although to qualify that statement it must be remembered that each troop had by this time a Sherman FF within it.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

karlmortar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Thank you Ronson for your superb information! Very Happy
Keep it up Wink

Hmmm, I'll try the montage style, if it doesn't work very well, I might have to ask for some assistance there Rolling Eyes

For strat map, either a GJS style "mapboard" or a black white "real" army map ot the operation.
For BGs and units I prefer GJS style, TLD is a bit boring and confusing.

I have almost put together the details for the BG's, altough they are not set for 18july yet Rolling Eyes
By weekend the OOB should be ready. (slow progress because of school and homework)

Still not sure if we should include the two allied infantry divisions, or just stick with the Armd divisions.
As an suggestion, Grand Campagin = Allied armd and infantry divisions + the inf divs targets.
Operation= only the Armd Divisions targets.

Does that sound reasonable Question

"CC for ever"

Ifni

Rep: 5.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Goog Idea Karlmortar.

I think minimod or pocketmods are a good solution for modders (They have few maps and are not too much difficult to make).

I'm working at a single map mod (Eben Emael) and Dak Legion and me are working at Tarawa.

Squadleader, are you making Kokoda?

Regards

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Ifni, Kokoda is about 60% done...but I haven't touched it in months.
I'm hoping working on this "community" mini-mod will reignite my modding interest Smile

Ifni

Rep: 5.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
I'm hoping working on this "community" mini-mod will reignite my modding interest Smile

I stopped Eben Emael a year and I have almost finished.

It would be a good idea to have a forum about pocket mod/mini mods. (CC5 Minimods). What do you think?

Regards

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

Ifni wrote (View Post):
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

I stopped Eben Emael a year and I have almost finished.

It would be a good idea to have a forum about pocket mod/mini mods. (CC5 Minimods). What do you think?

Regards

Great idea about a forum/subforum for Mini-Mods!
Mooxe or Stalky...you guys listening? ;)

Having struggled with a "real" mod like BoS45 (only made it to demo version so far...and now stuck on maps)...I think mini-mods are the way to go...for me at least.
IMHO, community interest in full-blown mods have also dwindled a bit as the CC5 engine is getting older and players are not as active as a few years back (I'm anxiously waiting for Buck's Battle of the Scheldt though!).  I mean who has recently finished a whole GC of the newer mods or CCWAR/CCTLD?  Small interesting mini-mods should be fun...players won't have to spend months playing the mod...and modders won't have to surrender their lives to the CC modding altar for too long ;)

I've recently acquired a nice collection of ASL scenarios from an ASL-nut buddy of mine...a lot of these ASL scenarios could be "converted" to CC mini-mods!  Idea

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 am Post subject: Re: GJS mini mod suggestion Reply with quote

A minimod forum sounds like a good ide! Very Happy

If they put one up, we should place the GJS minimod "forum" there.

"CC for ever"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: