Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:54 pm Post subject: Why do snipers in der Kessel suck?? Reply with quote

I have been playing the Der Kessel Die Kampfgruppen mod for a while against the AI.  AI is the best AI I have ever seen in a CC5 mod so far, so I also pay my respect to the developers of the mod. But one thing I don't get it is why are the snipers in the mod so ineffective? Both German and Russian snipers in the game seem to fire less accurate than a normal infantry guy.  For example in one battle I had a two-men German sniper team, they each had something like 40 cartridges with them. Close to the end of the battle I checked them to see how they were doing and they had spent all their ammo on the targets I wanted them to shoot on.  After the battle I check the soldier screen and guess what i see?! None of them has a single kill! Circa 40 shots spent, but not a single kill! That's unbelievable!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: Why do snipers in der Kessel suck?? Reply with quote

Probably just a lot of lousy dice rolls for that particular battle.
FYI, Snipers in SDKDK are coded so that they fire 2 bullets per shot...that's why they expend ammo faster.

See this thread for some impressive SDK Sniper kills record:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3308

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:03 am Post subject: Re: Why do snipers in der Kessel suck?? Reply with quote

I hope so, otherwise it would be prety gay.

I understand some of the best sniping took place in the battle of starlingrad.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Why do snipers in der Kessel suck?? Reply with quote

I am talking about the die Kampfgruppe sequel, because I haven't played the first two sequels much. But this very low kill ratio did not appear only in just one battle. It's always like that whenever I play. Snipers just can't do any damage. To the running troops out on the open, or to the crawling units out on the open. It just doesn't matter.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: Why do snipers in der Kessel suck?? Reply with quote

Hmm...AFAIK PJ reduced weapon ranges in SDKDK (and his other Stalingrad winter mods series)...so sniper rifles will also have lower ranges compared to other mods.
Try sniping at long ranges and you will see red targeting circles.
Here's a quick test...single battle so the scharfschutzen are "green"...nothing outstanding...but both teams did score multiple kills.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 am Post subject: Re: Why do snipers in der Kessel suck?? Reply with quote

Here's another single battle experiment (vs AI) at Osinkij...green/inexperienced snipers again.
Eventhough the German defense collapsed...both Sniper Teams scored kills with consistency...both on defend and when ordered to shoot.
1 team was overrun and ended up WIA, while the other team became the only surviving German team at the end of the battle.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel -> Die Kampfgruppen

Jump to: