Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Infidel

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:14 am Post subject: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

This may sound noob-ish but, I am new to playing CC online, in fact, I haven't done it yet at all, so please don't flame me.

The issue is thus:  I am a long time player of Close Combat games, they are by far the best games ever released in my opinion, and I've been playing them for literally years, since the first game came out.  I was playing the vanilla games for a long, long time, until discovering this website, signing up, and finding the wonderful world of mods.  I've downloaded and played such classics as GJS, SDK, Battle of Berlin, Battle of the Bulge, Vetbob etc. and more recently SDKDK.  My problem has always been the same as most though, AI.  The AI on the latest mods has improved a great deal, there's no denying it, however it's still not enough of a challenge to anybody with even the most basic of tactical knowledge.

So, last week I finally got decent broadband again, after a 1.5 year period without it.  (I've been having to use an awful USB stick web n walk broadband.)

Now I have good internet I'm really looking to start playing CC online against good opponants.  We're not talking occassional games here, we're talking me investing a lot of time to playing.  

The only problem is, despite there being numerous threads here etc, I'm struggling to get my head around a few things.  I would really appreciate someone helping me out here, and just telling me step by step how I go about getting some good games online going.

Of course I already know you both need to have the same version of the game, same mod, same patches etc.  But how do you actually play?  Where do you find the servers?  What is Hamachi exactly?

I would also like to ask how active is the CC community online?  I mean, are there a lot of you guys playing online on a regular basis, or is it always hard to find opponants due to lack of players?

I'd really love to join the elite, given time, and these online meetings sound great.

So if someone who really knows what they're doing is able to help out a fellow CC fan to get their online career up and running, I would really appreciate it.

You can reply here, or email me, or add me on msn...  thesheriff123@hotmail.co.uk

I really look forward to hearing from someone, anyone, please?  Razz

Thanks for taking the time to read all this,

The Infidel.

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:22 am Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

Infidel-

I would begin by downloading these programs: Hamachi, Gamespy and MSN Messenger.

You can find HamachiSetup and GS Client here:

Close Combat Series Downloads- Misc

Then, set up User accounts in each (select the 'free' accounts to start and upgrade later if you so wish).

Once that is complete, start chatting with Close Combat players in Hamachi and Gamespy.

Fellow veteran gamers will walk you through everything you need to know. By getting to know other CC gamers, you will be able to add people to your MSN Messenger accounts.

So far, you have three avenues towards multiplayer access...

You can also try downloading Gameranger and Battle HQ for additional avenues, but I found these to be mostly empty of fellow gamers. You might have a different experience with it though.

Eventually, you will be gaming with many different opponents from around the world with many different gaming styles.

To me, Close Combat games' AI is not a challenge. Multiplayer is always a challenge. The only time I'll play the AI anymore is to test out mods!

Hope this information helped...see you online for some games.

7A_Ghoa10

Rep: 18.7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:14 am Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

hi, you can visit us in http://desertrats.s2.bizhat.com/ , you ll find several players to play cc5.

see you in the battlefiled

Infidel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 pm Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

Thanks both of you.  Mooxe was kind enough to talk to me on msn for an hour last night and has really filled me in one what I need to do, so later this afternoon I'll be getting myself on Gamespy and Hamachi, downloading GJS again to start with, and seeing if anybody is available for a few single battles to warm up with.

I'm getting all excited like a child in a sweet shop.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

Let us know how you faired online!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Infidel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

Well I just played 3 single battles against Chil, and everything worked fine.  Well, actually the first game when I hit "Begin" after deployment, the whole map went strange yellowish colours, which was really strange and I've never came across anything like that before on CC, but it was fine after that, so I'm thinking it was something to do with that one particular map perhaps.

I lost all 3 battles, Chil was just too good for me, although I was quite happy with a few events such as flanking his armour on a few occassions and mowing down a couple of whole squads as they crossed open ground.

I'm already seeing why everyone talks about online so much, it's a thousand times better than AI.

Thanks for all your help, I look foward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 am Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

Welcome to play online Infidel (kafir).

I saw you yesterday on GS, did´t know you´re a new to online.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Infidel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: This may sound noob-ish... Reply with quote

I just had a great few battles with Tippi this afternoon, really good fun.  

I've also played a few other players, including 2 players who gave me good advice and made me feel really welcome to the online community, they know who they are, so I would like to thank them.

This thread can be removed now, or whatever you do with out of date threads here.

Once again thanks for all your help.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: