Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
namztukxam

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:34 am Post subject: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

I'm a newb with the multiplayer stuff.  I've been playing CC for a while and got bored with whooping the AI over and over.  I just started playing online and now I'm the one getting whooped over and over and over.......... Not the funnest either.  So i'm kinda stuck in "limbo" if you know what I mean.  I'm looking for some pointers on how to attack/assault!  I'm not so bad at defending (Axis in TLD, or Ally in WaR) but when I start a tiny little area in a corner of the map and have to attack the rest of the map, I get annihilated, EVERY TIME.  Please help!?!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

namztukxam wrote (View Post):
I'm a newb with the multiplayer stuff.  I've been playing CC for a while and got bored with whooping the AI over and over.  I just started playing online and now I'm the one getting whooped over and over and over.......... Not the funnest either.  So i'm kinda stuck in "limbo" if you know what I mean.  I'm looking for some pointers on how to attack/assault!  I'm not so bad at defending (Axis in TLD, or Ally in WaR) but when I start a tiny little area in a corner of the map and have to attack the rest of the map, I get annihilated, EVERY TIME.  Please help!?!

Commit most of your troops to small objectives. Keep some mortars and command teams guarding your flanks while you make your big attacks. For example... Carentan in stock CC5. As Americans I would choose two 81mm mortar teams, three command teams, and the remainder a mix of BAR and 30cal Rifle teams. My Southern flank is covered by three infantry teams, which include one command team. The mortar is up in the corner. Three infantry teams are covering the church and other obvious points for German positions. Four teams are runnig fast to objective, the last four teams are with them but they are popping smoke then running. The 81mm mortar is dropping smoke way ahead of them. Once 81mm mortar smoke is good it started lobbing HE shells where I think Germans will move.

So basically....

Three covering flank
One mortar team supporting main advance
Three teams giving supressive fire
Four teams popping smoke and running
Four teams running once the timer starts

Point being, you have to COMMIT massive amounts of your troops to your objectives.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:12 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

Hmm...http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html is gone  Crying or Very sad
So try this (but the pics are missing?):
http://web.archive.org/web/20080105115052/http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

(Yeah Geocities shut down a month ago completely. Yahoo owns it and pulled the plug.)

Heres some tips on this website..

Fine Tuning Part 1

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=213&mode=thread&order=0&thold=-1

Part 2

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=213&mode=thread&order=0&thold=-1

namztukxam

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:55 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,  I'm the poster.  The only thing that concerns me about the tactics you outlined for Carentan is the seemingly automatic use by my opponents of an artillery barrage right out of the gates!  Also saturating my battle group with BAR and 30 Cal. might mean that I'll have less of those available in the later stages of the operation or campaign.  I know this was just meant to be an example but are my concerns legitimate, or should it not be a problem?

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

namztukxam wrote (View Post):
Hi Mooxe,  I'm the poster.  The only thing that concerns me about the tactics you outlined for Carentan is the seemingly automatic use by my opponents of an artillery barrage right out of the gates!  Also saturating my battle group with BAR and 30 Cal. might mean that I'll have less of those available in the later stages of the operation or campaign.  I know this was just meant to be an example but are my concerns legitimate, or should it not be a problem?

Yes your concerns are legitimate. Sometimes though a quick blow to gain a large part of the map is worth taking many assault teams. Other times depending on the map and BG you are facing you would want to be conservative. Covering fire, smoke, indirect fire support, flanks guarded and a mass attack are the basics of the game.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:26 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

Try to kill all the enemy.....  Wink

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

Take all their land....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:07 am Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

...and all their women...

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

Best advice I can give you as a new player is don't try to do too much at once, I assume that you are playing GC as opposed to single battle here.
Remember a few things:-

1 You don't have to win a GC in one day, take your time on the maps, look at which parts of the battlefield would be useful for a firebase or observation point for the next round. Also try to gain control of features that will be of use to your opponent.

2 Look at and plan your Strat moves, very often there is a 'good' entry to a map, somewhere that gives you cover when you enter. A good example of this is Buron in GJS, the entry from the East side is in the middle of a field, whereas entry from the North gives you a chance to gain cover pretty quick.

3 If you are attacking make sure that you host the game, as this improves your chances of finding the enemy positions, due to the tracers being visable to you.

4 Don't spread out too much, make sure your troops have mutual assistance available to each team or tank, when you do make contact lay down supressive fire from friends to give your point troops support.

5 Cover your armour with infantry, they will spot for your tank....... think of it this way........Infantry for spotting....Tank for shooting

6 Cover your advance on difficult maps or against stronger opponents with your own support elements......a concealed friendly gun will help when you attack a likely AT gun defended location.

7 Never take more losses than you can afford to lose, once you get to that point stop and take cover, otherwise a counter attack could see you lose all that you have gained so far.

8 Above all plan your attacks, sometimes you need to use attrition against an enemy on a map. For example in GJS you attack one of the strong German BGs, the chances are that you will be repulsed, so plan accordingly, make sure you have a follow up BG ready to go in on the next turn. In this way you can wear down a stronger enemy BG by constantly hitting it turn after turn, always making sure that you inflict losses to it.

Last but not least is to enjoy your game:) its great fun to play

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Newbie here! Looking for pointers..... Reply with quote

ronson wrote (View Post):

7 Never take more losses than you can afford to lose, once you get to that point stop and take cover, otherwise a counter attack could see you lose all that you have gained so far.

Thats good advice. All an opponent must do to decide to counter attack or not is count enemy bodies, tank hulks and gun hulks. If he can determine he's wiped out 10 of 15 sections, plus the intel of your remaining units, he may try to kick you off the map.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: