Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:55 pm Post subject: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Mooxe has released to downloads about a few minutes ago. This topic is meant for you to report any bugs so we are able to repair them.

Enjoy Playing the mod

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Putte map has a couple winter trees coded on the map

Putte Map Winter Trees.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.73 KB
 Viewed:  22598 Time(s)

Putte Map Winter Trees.jpg

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hey Tejszd,

Thanks for the note. Will be corrected in the patch ;)

Cheers Buck

Ost_KinsK

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Failed to copy because ACredits.bmp does not exist.

help Smile

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Ost_KinsK wrote (View Post):

help Smile

Is there an ACredits.bmp in your cc5 graphics folder???

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

That winter tree looks like the WaR/CC4 Huge Snowy conifer bottom left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Thanks for the great mod, awesome maps allowing much varying tactics.  I noticed some bugs or to express more clearly, some strange stuff. These are the 2 potential bugs I have encountered so far:

1. Infantry flame throwers have the sound of a bazooka? Is this a bug or made intentionally?

2. Tanks' firing angles seem graphically wrong. I dont know if its the case with every tank, but it happened wit this firefly. Here is an example:

The tank is firing on the direction of the red line, but its turret faces somewhere else.

I would also like to say that I loved how strategic map looks, very nice graphics. But the individual maps look quite big on the strat map, so it's a bit hard to see the general situation on the strategic map. I mean it's like it would be really nice if there was a zoom out button built in the game:P  For that reason, could you upload the strategic map of the scheld in the future to the site? It would be very helpful to the player. being able to zoom in and zoom out as a jpeg picture.

And one minor thing, its just the trees on the map are original to this mod, but to a person like me who is accustomed to the regular tree graphics (as in GJS), I didn't like how they look. But it's just my taste, a personal thing Smile  

So thanks again for all your efforts, it seems a very challenging and a wonderful mod to play h2h!..

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

help Smile

Kinsk you should have that file. A full install of CC5 puts that file on your harddrive. If its not there, then I think another mod with an incorrectly scripted install.txt removed it and did not put it back. I suggest uninstalling any plugin you have right now, uninstall CC5, then reinstall CC5, and install Scheldt and see if you get the problem.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

help Smile

Kinsk you should have that file. A full install of CC5 puts that file on your harddrive. If its not there, then I think another mod with an incorrectly scripted install.txt removed it and did not put it back. I suggest uninstalling any plugin you have right now, uninstall CC5, then reinstall CC5, and install Scheldt and see if you get the problem.

Another possibility is that the pluginmanager did not properly unzip all the mod files....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Don't know if this a bug or by design but on the Oosthoek map a tank can get LOS from one field (3m) over the road (4m) to another field (3m) on crawling soldiers. You might want to raise the road more than 1m to block LOS.

Edit: I didn't realize that I was that close already to the road but having said that I believe I had a LOS from further away too

Oosthoek LOS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.62 KB
 Viewed:  22561 Time(s)

Oosthoek LOS.jpg

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Oops, unexpected error messages here but that's alright it's what we asked for Wink
Flamethrower sound: not a bug, just my choice.
Tank firing angles: I did notice that on occasion but I don't know what is causing it or how I would be able to fix it.
Los: the tank is tall enough to fire over an elevation of only 1 meter. However, most dikes on the maps are coded to be tall enough to block LOS.
Note to 7A Clan testers: Forcepools have been adjusted. All Allied battle groups no longer reinforce to their original strengh. Best to delete saved campaign and Operation files.

One more thing: Please bear in mind that we intend to consolidate bug fixes in a larger update.

Cheers,

Pete

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

Sad  no way

just reinstalled the game and patch 5.01... never encountered this error?????

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  542.35 KB
 Viewed:  22559 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

WOLFGRAU

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

I've got this problem:

"Failed to copy F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp to System\Original\ACredits.bmp because F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp does not exist"

And before that , when I am trying to unzip the maps it is another error:
F:\Stuff do CC\CC5_BattleoftheScheldt_v1.0_mappack.zip: CRC failed in Krabdijk.bgm. The file is corrupt

Need some help Sad

AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

@0202243: From the screenshot it looks like you installed the configuration manager in the same directory as CC 5. The config.manager readme says: "If you are installing the CC5 Configuration Manager for the first time, simply unzip all the files into a dedicated folder outside CC5. "
So, please try again following the readme's instructions: install the Cfgv13 outside the SSI directory. Then copy the Scheldt plugin into the "plugins" folder and start Cfgv13 again.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

@ Wolfgrau. I don't understand what you are trying to do here. The first sentence says that you are tring to copy a file from a location but it does not exist? Did you get this file separately or did you unzip all Schelde files into that location? Where you trying to copy all Schelde files together?
Second message: is that the only file that is reported as corrupt? Did all other files copy correctly?
Did you install CC5 on F before or after installing the patch and the plugin on C drive (standard installation drive where also the plugin is installed?) . Just checking.

edit: typo.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

As a reminder: please report bugs in the designated thread.

Thanks,

Peter

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

0202243 wrote (View Post):
Sad  no way

just reinstalled the game and patch 5.01... never encountered this error?????

Please read this thread, you will find your solution there.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7128&highlight=x86

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 am Post subject: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Reply with quote

WOLFGRAU wrote (View Post):
I've got this problem:

"Failed to copy F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp to System\Original\ACredits.bmp because F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp does not exist"

And before that , when I am trying to unzip the maps it is another error:
F:\Stuff do CC\CC5_BattleoftheScheldt_v1.0_mappack.zip: CRC failed in Krabdijk.bgm. The file is corrupt

Need some help Sad

For the first error... Reinstall CC5. For some reason acredits.bmp is missing and it should not be. A full install will place it in the correct folder.

Second error, I will double check and see if the zip file is corrupted. please download another copy yourself and tell me if its still corrupt. You can also download that map by itself at, http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/CC5/Mods/Scheldt/individualmaps/krabdijk.zip

For Pete and Remi. ACredits.bmp was included in the plugin as it was in the graphics files on the site. I naturally assumed it was part of the mod. If its not, it can be removed next patch, I will update the script. But with that, why are people reporting it doesn't exist? It should be present in a full install of CC5.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Thanks for directing to existing bug threads Mooxe. It seems that there are people who are experiencing problems that are not mod specific. For those issues I recommend using the search option first and try and find an existing thread. Although neither Buck nor I have much experience with tackling those issues we will try and help out anyway.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

There is always some install problems with a new CC5 mod. Often it's due to CfgV13 or the users PC. Modswap is a better program but only for the newer CC.

Dont get discouraged by the fail install reports. Sometimes a manual install is the only way for some people. Concentrate on the real bugs and listen to the positive reports too. Downloading now......

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: