Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Ost_KinsK

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

When uninstalled Beyond the Beach have been deleted multiple files from the original CC5, I have reinstalled and was able to install Schedt.

Thank you all:)

Panzermayer

Rep: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I want to thank all the good people how made this mod. I find it incredible that y`all made such a good and historical correct mod about a not well know strugle during WW2 and I like it because the battlefield is placed in Belgium and the Netherlands  Wink

some of the people may alrdy have mentioned these bugs but who the hell cares  Wink

1: The Strat.map looks great but its sometimes hard to figure out on what a BG is placed.
2: Tank action: when a panzer or armor shots the barrel of the main gun is a lot of the times not in the correct direction of the firing.
3: It would be nice if there is a number on each house to indicate how many floors, especially for the churches.
4: is there some way the german infantry could be more conservative with using panzerfausts. They shot them faust`s way to soon in a infantry assault.

Overall this is a great mod. The germans are in a thug place but they have great defense tactics, weapons and the Commenwealth troops know they have a hard battle ahead.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the patch or new version!

Panzermayer

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Panzermayer wrote (View Post):
Hello everybody,

I want to thank all the good people how made this mod. I find it incredible that y`all made such a good and historical correct mod about a not well know strugle during WW2 and I like it because the battlefield is placed in Belgium and the Netherlands  Wink

some of the people may alrdy have mentioned these bugs but who the hell cares  Wink

1: The Strat.map looks great but its sometimes hard to figure out on what a BG is placed.
2: Tank action: when a panzer or armor shots the barrel of the main gun is a lot of the times not in the correct direction of the firing.
3: It would be nice if there is a number on each house to indicate how many floors, especially for the churches.
4: is there some way the german infantry could be more conservative with using panzerfausts. They shot them faust`s way to soon in a infantry assault.

Overall this is a great mod. The germans are in a thug place but they have great defense tactics, weapons and the Commenwealth troops know they have a hard battle ahead.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the patch or new version!

Panzermayer

Hey Panzermayer,

1: Yes I have heard thise before... thats the downside of this region. This stratmap can't be compared with eigther Stalingrad or GJS. The sea takes a rather large portion of the strat wich resulted in this stratmap.

2: Yes it has allready been mentioned. But i'm not in charge of the data and it is not my speciallity. I think Pete will respond to this one in the future.

3: Thats a good one... Will have a look at it in the near future ;)

4: the same as number 2 this is Pete's Field of expertise

Concering the last point... A new version will be out of the question. An update will be done after we have removed the bugs you guys mentioned. And maybe changed some other things... Just be patieced!

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

The Falschrimjager BG's don't have any officers in the gruppenfuhr units.  Same with the Fusilier Btl 164.

Awesome mod!

-Mac

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Thanks Mac for pointing this out. It is a remainder of an earlier geteams version designed to have less morale and command etc.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Glad to help, Pete.

One other detail I just noticed was on the map Leopolds Crossing - the bunker in the south of the map has no windows or doors in which to shoot out of.

Cheers,
Mac

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

@ Mac: this bunker is not supposed to have loopholes or embrasures. The Germans used many different types of bunker in the Atlantik Wall and many of them were just troop shelters, command posts , ammo depots etc. Those bunkers are also represented in this mod. Check out the Oostburg map for what I believe to be the largest collection of bunkers on a Close Combat map ever Wink

@ Panzermayer: I have not noticed the fausts being fired too early. Why do you think that they are fired too early and in what circumstances? In any case, in this mod the best way to engage armour is with AT guns. I didnot want to exaggerate panzerfaust effectiveness.

Cheers,

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Zoomed out view Allied icon is US

Zoomed Out Allied Icon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.51 KB
 Viewed:  15707 Time(s)

Zoomed Out Allied Icon.jpg

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

I am able to install the plug in and the maps but when i start the game i get the following error message.

Can't find the directory : Videos Please reinstall Close Combat.

It seems logic to reinstall the game but the problem is i already did like 7 times and i always get the same error message. So i tried and installed a different mod which works perfect. So i believe it has some thing to do with the plug in but i am not sure.

Installed the game(full install) and the patch.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

make a map named 'Videos' in the cc folder

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hesus wrote (View Post):
I am able to install the plug in and the maps but when i start the game i get the following error message.

It seems logic to reinstall the game but the problem is i already did like 7 times and i always get the same error message. So i tried and installed a different mod which works perfect. So i believe it has some thing to do with the plug in but i am not sure.

Hey Hesus,

There is a video map on your cc5 disc copy it to your cc5 install folder on your HD that should solve your problems.

CHeers Buck

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

I haven't had time to really dig deep into the mod...very nice mod from the bunch of singe battles and half an Ops I've played! 2 thumbs up!
The maps are beautifully done...awesome work!

Minor cosmetic bugs I've noticed:
- FJ units assigned Heer ranks graphics.
- Soldier uniforms colors for bailed out Allied tank crews are set in a strange shade of green.

Another minor gripe...the custom big trees are a nice touch...but a bit too big and obscure views too much IMO...often you need to resort to turning off trees to try and find your men Smile

zygov

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

To those who have problems with...
There is easy way to solve this problem... make brand new folder with name Videos in...
C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy
This new folder must be empty
Then run the game!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

This is because Sheldt is using the nocd Exe (as many mods) and you need a folder called "Videos" in CC5 main, it can be empty without problems, just create the folder...

I suppose the other mods you have played used the CD, this problem is no bug for this excellent mod :)

Mats

Hesus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Hesus wrote (View Post):

Hey Hesus,

There is a video map on your cc5 disc copy it to your cc5 install folder on your HD that should solve your problems.

CHeers Buck

Stupid question where do i install it to? To the main folder or in to the data folder?

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Main folder Wink

Hesus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Main folder Wink

Works like a charm. Wonderful mod i am going to enjoy this. Only a pity de kempen aren't part of the game.

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hesus wrote (View Post):
Main folder Wink

Works like a charm. Wonderful mod i am going to enjoy this. Only a pity de kempen aren't part of the game.

Choices have to be made Wink and it can't always be the right ones for everybody ;)

Cheers

Hesus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Hesus wrote (View Post):
Main folder Wink

Choices have to be made Wink and it can't always be the right ones for everybody ;)

Cheers

I know. It's hard to satisfy every one, we all want to much. Wink Laughing

iDot

Rep: 15.8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

I demand you satisfy everyone Buck!!! Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: