Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
the trees on the map are original to this mod, but to a person like me who is accustomed to the regular tree graphics (as in GJS), I didn't like how they look.

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
the custom big trees are a nice touch...but a bit too big and obscure views too much IMO

Sounds like the two of you are in the same boat (or maybe that should be "the same dugout"!). It should be fairly easy to change the trees back.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote (View Post):
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
the trees on the map are original to this mod, but to a person like me who is accustomed to the regular tree graphics (as in GJS), I didn't like how they look.

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
the custom big trees are a nice touch...but a bit too big and obscure views too much IMO

Sounds like the two of you are in the same boat (or maybe that should be "the same dugout"!). It should be fairly easy to change the trees back.

Yup (terrain file editing is not that hard)...but you're forgetting the huge tree shadows Wink

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

The trees were originally designed for Buck's OMG project and were in fact even bigger. He changed them a bit after I complained, iirc   Wink   They do obscure the view but los is not blocked as much as you would expect. Personally, I always play with the trees 'off' . Check the game options menu or press Ctrl T .

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Well, I was expecting more data bugs to be reported but I am glad that my mistakes are so hard to detect  Smile . Please don't hold back in reporting though, I do intend to also correct minor things.
Also, should you come across historical inaccuracies I would like to know, provided you can support your remark with a reliable source. At the same time I would like to point out that a completely historically correct mod is out of the question and that choices must be made   Twisted Evil .

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:21 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Playing OP Infatuate with Pzt_Mac, allied 18RMC was at Red Beach Westkapelle, and 1AC was at Uncle Beach Vlissingen. These two BGs (of 5 allied BGs present at the time) disappeared from the strat map on the 2pm strat movement round on the 24th.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

reinald

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:49 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

I noticed the Canuck riflemen fire their SMLEs while running. From my limited modding experience I suppose this because the SMLEs have assault fire ON in the weapons data file. Now bolt action rifles fired when running/assaulting is debatable and I'd like to ask if this is a bug or a feature.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:16 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Most small arms have this feature enabled, also the German Mauser . I think this is the case in most mods and also stock CC 5. It would be a good idea though to disable it in a vetmod.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, in GJS only SMGs and MGs would be fired when assaulting .

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

In GJS the Mauser and Bren have assault fire enabled but the SMLE Mk4 has not. I do not know the reason for that but I would choose similar settings for similar weapons.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

reinald

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
In GJS the Mauser and Bren have assault fire enabled but the SMLE Mk4 has not. I do not know the reason for that but I would choose similar settings for similar weapons.

Grab an SMLE and try to shoot it while running full speed and try to chamber another round. Wink

reinald

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Another thing I've noticed is, that if I'm not mistaken the CAN 2" mortar can fire only at area which it has LOS to. I.e. "direct fire". The color scheme of the fire drag line and the target circle is still the usual brown/orange style like in "indirect fire" larger mortars.

Now I think small mortars like Brit 2" and US 60mm should be direct fire only for realism sake and agree with the cahnge. They had no personnell to spot for them and relay shot obseravations AFAIK. But if they're made into direct fire only weapons, the color scheme of indirect fire mortars is confusing and should be changed as well.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldn't want too be around a mate who is firing his MG from the hip...  Rolling Eyes
There's an episode in one of Sven Hassels books where he forgets himself in Normandy and fires his MG42 while retreating; -He almost kills his entire group while he does a 360, still firing!! (I know, he isn't the most reliable source of information, but on this subject I believe him.)

IMHO, no bolt-action rifle should be assault fire; -Unless fired by an 'übermensch' with an extreme sense of multitasking and muscles like Popeye...  Wink

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

reinald

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

I once fired a modernized MG42 from the hip. Had a belt going from it around my neck, was standing still and crouching in anticipation. Aiming downwards at a target lying in the grass a few feet in front of me. The second bullet was already off target and the weapon was marching uncontrollably upwards and to the right with me in tow. No human strength can control that. Apart from the fact that noone on that day hit the target which was practically point blank anyways. Conclusion: SAWs and assault fire = forget it. Must deploy.

I can see how someone with a bolt action rifle can get off one shot from the hip (that is already chambered) while charging. But to chamber another round with such a wepon one has to stop IMO. So it's kind of debatable if in the confines of the CC engine bolt action rifles should have assault fire. I can see a squad in a game "advancing" in Combat Mission I-III sense keeping up bolt action rifle and LMG fire, but that feature ain't part of CC. I dunno if any soldier in CC world shoots his weapon while walking. (?) Never paid attention to it, I hardly ever walk my infantry.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

The remark about the 2inch mortar was anticipated, only sooner Wink . Will try and fix this in the patch that I am currently working on. The same for assault fire: I think stock CC has this enabled in order make close assaulting more effective. Disabling it could result in your assaulting squad being slaughtered before they reach their target. I am going to test this though.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:43 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

reinald wrote (View Post):
I once fired a modernized MG42 from the hip. Had a belt going from it around my neck, was standing still and crouching in anticipation. Aiming downwards at a target lying in the grass a few feet in front of me. The second bullet was already off target and the weapon was marching uncontrollably upwards and to the right with me in tow. No human strength can control that. Apart from the fact that noone on that day hit the target which was practically point blank anyways. Conclusion: SAWs and assault fire = forget it. Must deploy.

Hmm well i have fired my share of machineguns from the hip. and i was always able to book hits on the target.... In the army to fire a MG as follows... Hold the mg tight to the hip. Unlock the bipod grip both legs/arms (what ever you would call that) lean forward... like your legs make a kind of triangle shape... if you fire in bursts the mg should stay on target and not tip you of ballance... I know there was an instruction vid on youtube... coudnt find it...

CHeers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

reinald

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:44 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
reinald wrote (View Post):

Hmm well i have fired my share of machineguns from the hip. and i was always able to book hits on the target.... In the army to fire a MG as follows... Hold the mg tight to the hip. Unlock the bipod grip both legs/arms (what ever you would call that) lean forward... like your legs make a kind of triangle shape... if you fire in bursts the mg should stay on target and not tip you of ballance... I know there was an instruction vid on youtube... coudnt find it...

CHeers Buck

7.62mm weapon? Hmm, didn't work for me, we'll have to leave it at that cause I doubt we'll ever have the opportunity to go MG shooting together. Smile

Anyways, I don't see anybody assault-firing with such a weapon. IIRC it's 13kg heavy when loaded with a belt. Take a barbell, load 3kg of plates on each end and run around in your garden imagining firing the contraption while moving.  Laughing

reinald

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 am Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
The remark about the 2inch mortar was anticipated, only sooner Wink . Will try and fix this in the patch that I am currently working on. The same for assault fire: I think stock CC has this enabled in order make close assaulting more effective. Disabling it could result in your assaulting squad being slaughtered before they reach their target. I am going to test this though.

IIRC from my QClone days it should be an easy fix. There's a column for firing manner direct/indirec or sumpin and one for the color scheme if I'm not totally mistaken. Just check what value firearms have there and copy it, that should do it. Nice realism touch btw, thx.

As for assault fire. Dunno if the assault fire from bolt action rifles has ever done anything for me. It's more like you order them to run and the fools start to bang away at an enemy unit far away on the other side of the map which they happen to spot. Thereby revealing their own position. It's more a nuisance than useful. MPs and pistols should be assault firing IMO, everything else has to be deployed.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
The same for assault fire: I think stock CC has this enabled in order make close assaulting more effective. Disabling it could result in your assaulting squad being slaughtered before they reach their target. I am going to test this though.

Don't forget that stock CC5 features Americans with semi-auto rifles (Garand, M1 Carbine) capable of assault fire.
German bolt action rifles like the Kar98k should not have assault fire enabled...same principle for Brit SMLE.

reinald

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

CAN snipers don't fire at light FlAK crews. "No target".

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Reply with quote

Been working on these minor issues. Can not fix the turret misalignment. I copied those data from GJS\TRSM as well as the vehicle graphs so unless someone can offer a not too complicated solution I will leave it as it is.
I am also trying to make some sort of vetmod.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: