Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
zygov

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 am Post subject: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

Is there beter iq of computer soldiers in this mod? But there is nothing more scarry than Finns dig out from snow in winter war mod... there was real hard time when my tanks drive through field and meanwhile 5-10 meters from them Finns appears and throwing granades, explosives or molotovs. I recommend this mod one of hardest vs computer Smile

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

I will give this mod a try. I like playing against a hard computer...

zygov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 am Post subject: Re: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

Mod 'Winter War' is hardest mod in cc5, despite that Finns dont have much tanks:( In my grand campaign they had only 10 of them (which were easy destroyed). While playing against computer i make that advance... never replanish positions of my soldiers, never let Finns units go out of map before they exhausted all their battle squads, when their force morale drop till almost nothing i give truce and my divisions movement are same as it was in real war. With this obstacles i've lost 327 tanks in all campaign. For comparision in Gold, Juno, Sword mod i had lost only 105 tanks (even Germans had Panthers and other deathly tanks). And most important in this mod... hard to see and hard to shoot opponent soldiers from tank, not like it is in for example battle of Scheldt where 3 soldiers from my sherman killed togeter around 50 soldiers in turnheuzen while they wanted to cross the bridge Laughing
Thanks to authors of this mod!!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

I suppose you mean the mod for CC5 called Winter War and its great! http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=27

CC5 Karelia is a summer mod Wink

Mats

zygov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 am Post subject: Re: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

Yes i wrote about 'Winter War'. But 'Karelia 2' which should have name 'Continiuation War' is also awsome (i play it right now). Also good work with that mod Wink

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am Post subject: Re: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

zygov wrote (View Post):
Yes i wrote about 'Winter War'. But 'Karelia 2' which should have name 'Continiuation War' is also awsome (i play it right now). Also good work with that mod Wink

Thanks! But i dont agree about the name...Winter War lasted for 105 days, Continuation War lasted from summer -41 to autum -44.

Karelia 2 is about the "Vyborg Operation" on Kareilan Isthmus to retake (Vyborg /Viipuri)

Mats

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: Finns soldiers Reply with quote

The second phase of the operation started after the fall of Vyborg (June 20 1944) in eastern Karelia and could be a mod of itself...

It was called Svir–Petrozavodsk Offensive (21 June 1944 - 9 August 1944) The major parts of the Finnish Army had been moved from eastern Karelia to protect Karelian Isthmus and was involved in the battles of Tali - Ihantala and Vuosalmi...

Mats

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Karelia

Jump to: