Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:29 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

A quote from Hoogley  Arrow

Did you read Stwa's posts?  Everything was about Pirates.  Pirates this; pirates that... It wasn't an acusation, it was a humourous commentary designed to illicit chuckles.  I mean, come on, Stwa's pirate analogy was spiralling out of control.  I had to do something to bring him back, otherwise he could have sucked us all into the pirate dimension!

Well, not exactly ... I think the Pirate analogy is dead on Exclamation   Razz

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Yeah normally, an admin should have killed this thread 4 pages ago and we all would of moved on. This is what causes issues. Sometimes it is better just to move onto the next subject.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Therion

Rep: 27.4

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):
What kind of financial support are we talking about?  Are we talking outside purchasing the games?  Not having a stab; just interested.

Just buying. For some reason some like to call buying games that way.

Honestly?  I don't care if their members do frequent these forums; developers' concerns are:

a) Make money.
b) Keep you happy (if they think you may impede them achieving point a), or if they think it may help to achieve more of  point a).

No offence to any of the dev' guys, seriously, but that is just the way of this merchant world.  That's how they stay in the game.  If you thought more of them than that, then you - like me - are a communist hippy with idealistic principles (unfortunately, I've also become a realist over 36 years of observation.  Still wish the world was better. *sigh*).  Hmmmm, maybe we should both switch to Linux.

I've already switched Razz . It's good to make sure that b) is important for them, though and deny them a) if b) isn't achieved Wink . It can make the world a bit better.

Heck, some of them probably do care, but that doesn't mean they have the power to do anything to improve the situation.  Matrix is small fry; our franchise is small fry.  To quote the immortal Metallica - "Sad, but true."

Personally, I've moved away from CC some time ago. I miss the graphics, the voices and squad AI a bit, but the rest of the game is so sub-par and outdated that it's not funny any more.
In the end, most of the things that I have liked about CC were graphics, special effects and one gimmick.

What I liked about CCMT was the sandbox gameplay that made the modding very easy. In the end, I had most fun simply adding "civilian" and "miliitia" units and curb stomping them, at least then, the AI wasn't so jarring.

Though, I have to admit that in the end I got so frustrated with the AI that I added BB gun-armed infantry XD .

Frankly, there are many things that one man show games like Firefight and Armoured Brigade do better.

Try taking them to court.

It would be interesting to see someone do it XD .

Except for pathing issues, AI issues, and false claims, there is nothing here that tells me what specific problems exist within the games.  Or, are they the problems?  Faulty pathing?  AI that doesn't do what you want or expect?    Bold claims about "realistic-ness" that falls short of the mark? Umm... how has that changed since CCII?  I always thought it was just part of the CC experience.   Very Happy

CCII was over 10 years ago. It's not normal that they have sold more faulty products since then and got away with it. Fucking thieves.
Seriously, how the fuck it's possible that there are so many wargames and RTS games and CC is practically the only one that I have played which has so fucked up pathfinding and AI? It's not a normal part of gaming experience. It's a major fuck up and deserves a big warning sign.
Anyway, thieves are thieves, no excuses.

CCMT really crossed the line with the AI. It's a really "fun" game when one sets up a mission, puts all the victory locations on ones own side and waits for the superior enemy force to arrive only to discover that the enemy is camping in its start zone. It's disgusting.
This game should be sold as multi-player-only.

The problem is that they don't fall short on these promises. The problem is that they don't even try to fulfil them. These are lies, not a failure to deliver.

There are developers who actually bother to include semi-realistic weapons data and weapon mechanics, modern armour, sensors, even radios, etc.
They may make some errors, but they try.
Here, they promise things, but don't even try. They just lie. There aren't mechanics for even approximate modelling of modern equipment - these are the same mechanics as in the WWII CC - no reactive armour, no composite armour, no thermovision, no ATGMs types, etc.
More, the data is horrible.

There are developers who actually try to create a decent AI, sometimes they even succeed. A few of them actually try to implement actual tactical doctrines for them.
Without such an AI the tactical warfare thing may be true for multiplayer only. But the truth is that it's another lie.
CCM v5 doesn't "accurately depict modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge". It is proven by the fact that USMC wanted a new version of CCM which would include tons of new features like night fighting, civilians, rules of engagement, realistic support, scripted scenarios, etc. etc. etc. which are necessary for guess what? Yes, "accurate depiction of modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge" and it's still just an approximate depiction not accurate one - but at least they tried unlike in CCMT.
Ironically, it was released before CCMT.
So, it's all lies. Lies told to steal the customer's money.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Of course you switched... to LINUX, so you are no longer a potential customer and hence would not be noticed by matrix.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
Yeah normally, an admin should have killed this thread 4 pages ago and we all would of moved on. This is what causes issues. Sometimes it is better just to move onto the next subject.

Everyone wants to keep talking in this thread. It would be counter productive to kill it.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Hoogley......Hmmm I got a feeling you went by another name even longer than the cpl-punishment thing,I cant think of it now but it will come.
Till then maybe have a look at the bugs and mistakes threads respectively for both WAR and tLD.
There you will see all the bugs the consumers found and many of those we are still waiting for a patch to correct.

To compound the problem with paying $50 for a game full of bugs (and still no patch) was the lack of respect many received for pointing out the bugs and no type of sincerity has EVER been posted by anyone due to the negligence of Matrix or it's creators for its bug riddled games it sold.

Now is the OP stealing?
Sure he is
Is he Robin Hood?......No
But stealing from another thief has never been frowned on where I come from either.

But if you were following the bugs and mistakes thread as it happened and seen all that's transpired since the release of the game and with NO information as to when a patch will be released how can anyone blame him for not wanting to pay for it?

Now maybe he will play his hacked game till it's fixed and then buy the game (most likely it will be cheaper by then) then you cant say anyone lost anything other than time.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Quote:
lack of respect many received for pointing out the bugs

Sorry, I think you are mistaken.... it is my recollection that any bug reports were welcomed and encouraged.... as they still are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

But if you were following the bugs and mistakes thread as it happened and seen all that's transpired since the release of the game and with NO information as to when a patch will be released how can anyone blame him for not wanting to pay for it?

Yes. Yes I would.

Stealing is still stealing and please don't justify it with "stealing from a thief."

And this is why this thread doesn't need to exist. We are just going around in circles. Clearly some people think one way and the rest another.

Let's talk about something positive about CC instead.

Like see this thread about a CoI Der Ost Front GC I've started playing.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Quotes from the noob Hoogley and platoon_michael  Arrow

Yar, me 'ardies!  Cast yer squinty sun-damaged eyes to port!  Thar be gamers to plunder! Yar, and again, yar!  Batten the hatches! Hoist the mizzen mast!  Cast the anchor!  Poop the deck!  wind the... windy thing!  Add one more "yar" for luck!  Man the cannons!  Cannon the men!  Sharpen yer teeth and prepare to board, for today, we be fillin' our holds with shiny things! Yar! In fact, me thinks me be takin' that shrecken's monitor fer me own, t' be sure.  Yar!

Now is the OP stealing? ... Sure he is ... Is he Robin Hood? ... No ... But stealing from another thief has never been frowned on where I come from either.

What can we conclude from this  Question

The noob Hoogley and platoon_michael understand this thread  Idea

No one likes to hear a Pirate whine, because it does not fit the swashbuckling, in your face stereotype that we all love about Pirates.  Arrow

When media Pirates produce Pirate software with Pirate money and Pirate stuff, no one wants to hear them complain when other Pirates hijack the Pirate software that the media Pirates created in the first place.  Exclamation

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa, trust me when I say I make this comment in good humour, but I can't read any more of your pirate metaphor posts, 'cause if I do I could well go mad.    Laughing

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa, trust me when I say I make this comment in good humour, but I can't read any more of your pirate metaphor posts, 'cause if I do I could well go mad.    Laughing

No...no...you won't get mad.

You'll come down with the scurvy  Razz

Go."

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Quote:
You'll come down with the scurvy

...and if anyone even dares propose a 'Treasure Island' CC Mod...

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Laughing *ROFL*  Laughing

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

vonB wrote (View Post):
Quote:
You'll come down with the scurvy

...and if anyone even dares propose a 'Treasure Island' CC Mod...

A mini-mod of the legendary Gillians Island mod?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Hogans Heros would have been better.

vonB

Rep: 32.6

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:13 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Quote:
A mini-mod of the legendary Gillians Island mod?

Noooooooooo........... Run away!!!!

brett25

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

humans admit defeat and show us your women now

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

I'll have them ready when you return in 2012

verba

Rep: 16.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

did he get his serial i wonder...

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

He got one.
Schrecken PM´d him one.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jump to: