Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:15 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

knee jerk?

Figured it was common sense.

Strange.

Just doesn't make much sense to me is all.

Whatever I guess.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:19 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Should be removed, and if continued ... banned.
just my opinion

Be a man, and go buy it  Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Should be deleted/removed Mooxe. Show some class....

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Quote:
THE ENCLOSED SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND THIS MANUAL ARE COPYRIGHTED. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER MAY PRINT OR HAVE A PRINT/COPY SHOP MAKE A PRINTOUT AND/OR COPY OF THE MANUAL. MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC GRANTS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE THE RIGHT TO USE ONE COPY OF THE SOFTWARE PROGRAM. YOU MAY NOT RENT OR LEASE IT, DISASSEMBLE, DECOMPILE, REVERSE ENGINEER, OR MODIFY THE SOFTWARE IN ANY WAY. ALL EDITORS MAY BE USED TO CREATE SCENARIOS THAT MAY BE FREELY DISTRIBUTED. ALL SCENARIO AUTHORS HOLD THE ULTIMATE RIGHTS TO THEIR DESIGNED SCENARIOS AND MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC MAKES NO CLAIMS THEREOF. YOU MAY NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE COPIES IN ANY MEDIA FORM. ANY PERSONS DOING SO SHALL BE GUILTY OF COPYRIGHT VIOLATION AND SUBjECT TO THE APPROPRIATE CIVIL OR CRIMINAL ACTION AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER.

Now it sounds like you are just being silly with your whole "show me where it says no sharing serials" well the above statement makes it pretty clear what they are getting at and you (who runs a CC site and should know better) are allowing this thread with it implications to continue to exist. The fact I even have to explain this is mind-numbing. It also explains quite a bit....

Even your own rules say:

Quote:
13. Warez
No copyrighted or trademarked (warez) material will be tolerated.

But let me guess, because it is "only" a serial you doesn't think that qualifies under strict-scrutiny as warez right?

Support the game. Support the Devs. Don't let people steal their hard work for free. It's no wonder I'm running into a wall at Matrix they probably see this shit and say "Fuck'em"

Be an admin and run a community...sorry to say but now it looks more like you just run a crack house and don't care what goes in or out. What benefit does that provide?

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
§§§§§

All those legal issues, important are they not.

The consumer buy law (KKL).

To not fix (or refund) the dysfunctional product when it’s pointed out, is illegal.
To sell a product with known problems, is illegal.

In the marketing law (MFL).

Its illegal to sell a product that doesn’t match its description.
Its illegal for a company or its representatives to communicate with prospect consumer without clearly showing there true flag, (example: as posting here, and not say one is a representative from the developer or distributor).

Yep, we must take a firm stand against the decadence, the immorality, the illegal activity’s in the CC community.

Where does one start, how about:
Who wants there money back, or, who wants a working game?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

I want a working game.
I also feel entitled to a free game for the many hours I've put in for Beta testing WAR.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

There is no justification for infringement of Copyright.  There is a possible case for having your money refunded if the game does not work on your PC, but you had better be able to prove that it is because the game is 'broken, that is it does not work on a PC according to the specifications stated, and I think you would have a hard time doing that, because they patently do work on PC's according to the stated specifications.  If I were responsible for selling the Game, I would certainly consider a refund if the buyer could demonstrate that it would not work on his/her PC, after providing technical support which proved unsuccessful, but that is just my opinion.

To allow the use of a Web Site to engage in Copywrite infringement has been tested in Law, and the owners of a Web Site are culpable, and can be sued.  A Disclaimer does not in this case release the owner(s) from this liability.

What never ceases to amaze me is the stupidity of those who engage in Copywrite infringement.  Jager for example could have merely sent the Serial Number in a Private Message, and nobody would have been the wiser.  That is not a statement in support of Copywrite infringement, but an illustration of their stupidity.

Most of the arguments put forward in support of Copysrite infringement are bollox.  What makes me feel contempt for most of them is the double standards (hypocrisy) that they have.  If you were to create your own game, Copywrite it, and offer it for sale, you would be jusified in being upset if it were to be pirated, as that would in effect be stealing from you.  I can't beleive anyone who does this would be happy to have their work stolen, and if they said they would, I would not believe them.  Would you?

I have some sympathy with the standpoint of a Web Site Owner declaring that they do not support illegal activities and disclaim repsonsibility.  The opinions and the actions of visitors and members may not indeed represent the views of the owner(s), but like I said, this has now been tested in Law, and Web Site Owner(s) cannot avoid liability.  Whether any action is taken against them will depend on the scope of the infringement (how big the Web Site, how intense the amount of infringement, and how active the 'injured' parties choose to be with regard to litigation, etc).  In my experience, Destineer are not shy of litigation.

As to what kind of of opinion you may have with regards to any Web Site that allows Copywrite infringement to take place, I leave up to you.  I know if I wanted to be trusted and respected, how I would choose....

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Seem, some missed the point:

-Jager- wrote (View Post):
Surprised No I dont give out anny key that work one a new site. Shocked

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

send the code on the priv ok:))
publishing forum Sad(no

who is looking 5.00.07 patch craked ???... pls only private message:)))

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I want a working game.
I also feel entitled to a free game for the many hours I've put in for Beta testing WAR.

You feel "entitled" to a free game for beta testing on your own free will?

I've helped 3 old ladies cross the road. I feel entitled to always getting the right of way while driving even with people in crosswalks for all the times I've helped old ladies across. It entitles me to whatever I want, even though I did it of my own free will.

Seriously? The best way to get a developer to help you is to be a positive supporter of the game. Simply bashing their hard work because there are still errors and then demanding an immediate fix because somehow you are entitled to it it a bit much.

Certainly they have an obligation to fix a product when it contains major errors, however I don't see you freaking out all over the Microsoft forums because Windows has sucked since 1995. Think of all the hours you've wasted when their OS has screwed up...have you received a free copy of every Windows update since you started using it?

It's funny to read the posts by some of you. "Blah blah blah I'm entitled to this and that...." How many other products have you purchased that have issues and have you gotten to the same level of stupidity?

Why not try to create a positive relationship with those working on the games? Have you ever gotten laid by telling a girl "well since I'm paying for dinner and the movie tonight YOU HAVE TO SLEEP WITH ME because I feel entitled for doing x, y and z."

I have to agree with vonB, only a moron would have posted the serial to the forums. A PM and no one would have known, but the fact that it was posted and then ignored by the admin is just dumb. Things like that is why you probably get shitty responses from them. If I was one of them and saw this shit I'd say screw them too.

Isn't there  a little bit of sanity here?

All the things I've read across the different CC forums are now making much more sense....

Go."

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

I have to agree with vonB, only a moron would have posted the serial to the forums. A PM and no one would have known, but the fact that it was posted and then ignored by the admin is just dumb. Things like that is why you probably get shitty responses from them. If I was one of them and saw this shit I'd say screw them too.

Its the third time now, yet missed the point again:

-Jager- wrote (View Post):
Surprised No I dont give out anny key that work one a new site. Shocked

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun May 09, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

A few comments and reflections, hope you dont mind

I've helped 3 old ladies cross the road. I feel entitled to always getting the right of way while driving even with people in crosswalks for all the times I've helped old ladies across. It entitles me to whatever I want, even though I did it of my own free will  

But, what if the ladies made money from the “street walking”? Wouldn’t you want some compensation then, I mean a part of the action? Seems fair to me.

Seriously? The best way to get a developer to help you is to be a positive supporter of the game. Simply bashing their hard work because there are still errors and then demanding an immediate fix because somehow you are entitled to it it a bit much.  

We tried that for years, look what it brought us: ------

Certainly they have an obligation to fix a product when it contains major errors,  

I do agree, that’s what all the fuss is about.

however I don't see you freaking out all over the Microsoft forums because Windows has sucked since 1995.

Ohh, ppl do all the time, I do to.. Have you missed that. But I cant see ole Bill bashing the complainers though. He’s acting professional, and support his products. Is that bad?

have you received a free copy of every Windows update since you started using it?  

Hm, I get free updates of there product at a regular basis, I believed everyone with a legal copy of there product receive that? That seem to be a good practice to me? 

It's funny to read the posts by some of you. "Blah blah blah I'm entitled to this and that...."

I know, those damned consumers, how dare they ask for working product and professional consumer support? What’s next?

How many other products have you purchased that have issues and have you gotten to the same level of stupidity?

Not that many, I had a series of bad luck with some aegg clocks though,

Have you ever gotten laid by telling a girl "well since I'm paying for dinner and the movie tonight  

Where is this leading to? I have never needed such service. But in some parts of the world that’s legal I believe?

Continued:
 YOU HAVE TO SLEEP WITH ME because I feel entitled for doing x, y and z."

Lets see, analog. Well, if your paying for it, (a prostitute) then you should demand she for filled here part of the deal. Sort of like, ppl paid for getting good working games, and service, patches? Is that to much to ask for?

Isn't there  a little bit of sanity here?

How can u expect that, with a community made up by all the immorality, all the illegal things?

All the things I've read across the different CC forums are now making much more sense....

Between all the frustration, all the let downs, I just wanted a working game, yet there is no patches, that dont make much sence to me

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

COI
2/13/2007 Released
11/2/2009 Patch v3.50.01

WAR
10/28/2008 Released
03/04/2009 2nd Patch v4.50.07b

TLD
04/29/2009 Released V5.50
11/03/2009 3rd Patch v5.50.07

It looks like they are providing support for the games. COI was patched over 2.5 years after it was released!

Having said that WAR/TLD could probably use another patch each....

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Having said that WAR/TLD could probably use another patch each....

The number of patches say nothing.
How many bad patches makes up for one good?

BTW; How about CCMT?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

CCMT
11/15/2007 Released
01/03/2008 Patch v2007.12.12.1

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Yes,

But is it any good?

Its now 2010, 2.5 years later and its still unplayable with that patch.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stalky... once again you show yourself to be an idiot.

Sorry, I can't say it more nicely.

You only ever visit the forums to carry on like a crying girl.

go away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Stalky... once again you show yourself to be an idiot.

Sorry, I can't say it more nicely.

You only ever visit the forums to carry on like a crying girl.

go away.

I know you are unable to.
That’s sad consider your the Matrix Consumer relation man. And also the developer team leader.  

But some how, your respond, is in line with yer products.

The only question is, in what way does it make the products better?

I mean, your spent 3 years handling the feedback in this manner, trying to change the displeased consumers rather then fixing the products.

How has that worked for you?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

A little reminder to you Schrecky:
All it needs is the will to do it and that I'm afraid is an upper management decision....  the same people that haven't made the decision to fix the CoI MMCC3 servers or to patch CCMT/WaR/tLD adequately despite the large number of reported problems.

This all makes me rather sad actually.... at the , so far, lost opportunities for this series of games.

A glimmer of hope, a little glimmer of honesty... of self critisism, In the midst of all the insults.

The qoutes are from here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=50467

I do feel the same frustration Schrecky.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

CCMT is based on CCM which was good enough for the marines who paid for it. It's biggest problem isn't the data or the game engine but that it has no game part to it, a CC3/COI or CC4/5 or WAR/TLD campaign, for people to play single player.

All the excuses/reasons for assisting with and or pirating CC do not change the fact that it lowers sales and it could be enough that they decide to not make another CC release.

Some maybe do not care as they do not feel it is changing fast enough and that is their choice. For me at least the re-releases are fixing bugs and adding some features and without them we would still be playing a 10 year old buggy release of CC5....

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: