Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
A few comments and reflections, hope you dont mind

Never do....

Quote:
But, what if the ladies made money from the “street walking”? Wouldn’t you want some compensation then, I mean a part of the action? Seems fair to me.

Well of course...Pimpin ain't easy....

Quote:
We tried that for years, look what it brought us: ------

Well I don't know this, I just know what I've seen. To be quite honest, you should be grateful to get any support at all. There are plenty of people out there who put out a piece of shit game with no intent of ever supporting it (see basically every movie game for Xbox and PS). The fact they are putting out patches years later is a good sign.

I think there needs to be more positive thoughts. Bitch and whine like girls and that's what you'll get treated right. If the developers aren't living up to expectations then you certainly need to make them aware of their failings. I know I don't plan to stop with the MMCC3 servers until they are fixed. I've got the staying power and motivation to do it.

Quote:
I do agree, that’s what all the fuss is about.

I understand that, as much as I don't want to say this at the same time we are demanding (maybe a few hundred fans at most?) them to put in hours of work...with what...maybe a few more sales? Unfortunately they are a business and have to think that way...even if I disagree with it.

Quote:

Ohh, ppl do all the time, I do to.. Have you missed that. But I cant see ole Bill bashing the complainers though. He’s acting professional, and support his products. Is that bad?

Did you really just tell me Bill is acting professional and supporting his products? There's a reason there are windows updates every day...because they rushed it out the door in order for you to spend the money.

Quote:

Hm, I get free updates of there product at a regular basis, I believed everyone with a legal copy of there product receive that? That seem to be a good practice to me? 

You get patches. I'm going to guess they didn't give you Win '98 when you had purchased Win '95...Or ME, or XP, or 7.

Quote:

I know, those damned consumers, how dare they ask for working product and professional consumer support? What’s next?

Did I say that?

If anything I'm demanding those same things.

Quote:
Not that many, I had a series of bad luck with some aegg clocks though,

Wow. That's just a horrible joke.

Quote:

Where is this leading to? I have never needed such service. But in some parts of the world that’s legal I believe?

Leading to make silly demands while acting entitled for doing something.

Quote:

Lets see, analog. Well, if your paying for it, (a prostitute) then you should demand she for filled here part of the deal. Sort of like, ppl paid for getting good working games, and service, patches? Is that to much to ask for?

No, it's not. But being a douchebag about it certainly won't win many allies or friends.

Quote:

How can u expect that, with a community made up by all the immorality, all the illegal things?

Is this supposed to be rhetorical or an actual observation?

Quote:

Between all the frustration, all the let downs, I just wanted a working game, yet there is no patches, that dont make much sence to me

And I sympathsize with you. I really do. I want the same, but I'm not going to resort to being a child to get it done. I'll continue to file help desk issues and if need be I might even call the Matrix HQ to speak to them about the issues I've had with CoI.

Am I going to resort to being an internet idiot? No. I'm trying to do this in the most reasonable and logical way I can see. I encourage you all to help in trying to get things fixed.

Stop this petty bullshit and actually aim to do something good overall for your community.

Can you guys even have a thread without someone shitting on another after 2 posts? You are all here because you like CC, I don't give a shit if outside you are a baby-killing, mass-murdering rabies carrying jackass who likes kittens. I'm here to take your VPs :p

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

A little reminder to you Schrecky:
A glimmer of hope, a little glimmer of honesty... of self critisism, In the midst of all the insults.

The qoutes are from here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=50467

I do feel the same frustration Schrecky.

And I share it as well. But instead of picking up our ball and storming off home why not try to do something?

Anything...I don't have an answer, but I'd certainly like to help.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Said to my self; "don't bother to get involved", but I can't keep my mouth shut...  Sad

"I've bought a Volvo and a Skoda, but they were no good, so I'm entitled to get a free BMW!"

"I'm not prepared to pay for the product, but I have the right to get the update that fixes some of the flaws in it..."

Personally I think it stinks that they release a game so full with flaws, without the slightest research (hell, I'm a bloody construction-worker, and I can find most of the data of units and weapons on the net!) And I hate the profits everyone wants to make out of computer-games, CD's and DVD's, driving the prices sky-high. Evil or Very Mad

But still, if I want a product, I must be prepared to pay for it! That's one of the corner-stone of our society, everything else is stealing... We can discuss finer legal matters until we hate each other (...even more...), but the game-key or serial is a part of the original game and a way to stop illegal copies of a copyrighted product. It's not cheap to create or even upgrade a game, not easy either. How can we expect new, working and evolved games when they don't get paid for their work? We creates free mods for the game, out of interest and as a passion, but the guys that have it as a work expect to get their money at the end of every month, just like the majority of us players.

The other side of the coin is the discussion about patches and working games. As customers we have the right to get working products, customers support and eventually patches that fixes problems with the original product. But honestly? -Who have bought an OS or a game that don't requires patching? (The Windows-series is the crown-jewel among these in my eyes, SP's, security patches and upgrades in layers. It may take hours after an installation to upgrade the OS to a secure, working level...  Rolling Eyes ) I'm sure Matrix is working on another patch, fixing the recent probs with tLD, haven't done any programming myself, but even in a user-friendly UI as Excel or Access it's easy to create a new problem when you fix an old. They are supporting their games, maybe slow and sometimes stumbling, but the patches are coming. (We must realise that CC isn't a great money-cow for Matrix, it's not really WoW or CS numbers in the balancing of the books on the CC account. I couldn't even buy tLD it in a store here in Gävle, Sweden's eight biggest city!)

I don't take any side, except my own, might even make some enemies here, but I can only agree with Dundradal: -Peps here spent post after post, arguing about the game, ventilating their thoughts and eventually bashing out at each other, it always ends up in shit-tossing and personal attacks; -Sad...

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:14 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Quote:
a little glimmer of honesty

i am always honest  :)

it's just the truth that changes...................
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:59 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
The conclusion to this thread was very funny. There must be some irony in here somewhere.

Ditto  Exclamation

The claims for intellectual property rights concerning CC5  Shocked

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:25 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released
01/03/2008 Patch v2007.12.12.1

This comment is total dishonesty and the author knows it.

The "patch" was filled with new content mostly, as this material missed the original release date. The existing missions needed to be re-built with the exe, and most bugs and data errors were not addressed. This "patch" turned CCMT into a cluster fuck.  Exclamation

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:23 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Most bugs were dealt with but data inconsistencies were not.

The additional content was a bonus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:56 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released

The "patch" was filled with new content mostly, as this material missed the original release date. The existing missions needed to be re-built with the exe, and most bugs and data errors were not addressed. This "patch" turned CCMT into a cluster fuck.  Exclamation

There is nothing to say that a "patch" actually has to work. I use "Battlecruiser 3000AD" as an example. For those of you who know about Computer Gaming History, hopefully you are all laughing about now.

Now does it suck if that happens? Of course and it happens quite a bit. It's not just in CC.

Is that total dishonesty? No. He was stating the date a patch was released. He was not commenting on whether it fixed issue or not.

I'd certainly like to do something to get Matrix (or whoever is in charge of product support) to act on these issues. I can't imagine the developers want to release a buggy product that has issues. It's just a matter of making them act.

I've noticed Matrix has no physical address and no listed phone number on their website. Does anyone have this information?  

I'm trying to get them to act on the MMCC3 servers. I encourage everyone else to help by filing Help Desk reports about the servers. Start with a small victory and then maybe move onto the big stuff.

Go."

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):

I'd certainly like to do something to get Matrix (or whoever is in charge of product support) to act on these issues. I can't imagine the developers want to release a buggy product that has issues. It's just a matter of making them act.

Umm...Matrix 'only' publish the games...S3T=the developers...and the bulk of S3T's staff are working on these CC re-releases as non full-time volunteers...CMIIW Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released

There is nothing to say that a "patch" actually has to work. I use "Battlecruiser 3000AD" as an example. For those of you who know about Computer Gaming History, hopefully you are all laughing about now.

Now does it suck if that happens? Of course and it happens quite a bit. It's not just in CC.

Is that total dishonesty? No. He was stating the date a patch was released. He was not commenting on whether it fixed issue or not.

I've noticed Matrix has no physical address and no listed phone number on their website. Does anyone have this information?  

I'm trying to get them to act on the MMCC3 servers. I encourage everyone else to help by filing Help Desk reports about the servers. Start with a small victory and then maybe move onto the big stuff.

No, actually, HE WAS TRYING TO SAY THAT CC GAMES WERE SUPPORTED. And he used a series of posts, including the one quoted to make that point.

My contention is, IT WAS NOT REALLY A PATCH. It was mainly original game content that WAS NOT COMPLETED in time for the scheduled release date. Oh, and they fixed a few bugs in the exe. Woooo!

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

Umm...Matrix 'only' publish the games...S3T=the developers...and the bulk of S3T's staff are working on these CC re-releases as non full-time volunteers...CMIIW Wink

Perhaps, but who would really know for sure. Until I see "the contract" my bets are someone is getting paid, one way or another, probably off the bottom line.

Dundradal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

No, actually, HE WAS TRYING TO SAY THAT CC GAMES WERE SUPPORTED. And he used a series of posts, including the one quoted to make that point.

My contention is, IT WAS NOT REALLY A PATCH. It was mainly original game content that WAS NOT COMPLETED in time for the scheduled release date. Oh, and they fixed a few bugs in the exe. Woooo!

My contention is that no matter what you personal understanding of  patch is, what was mentioned was indeed a patch. It simply did not do everything that was required.

And you admit that it does add content that did me the ship date and fix a few bugs. That seems to me to be a patch.

Who cares if they get paid? They should if they are working. If they want to volunteer to help something they love, by all means!

But who gives a shit. We all seem to be in agreement on trying to get a patch done for the re-releases. Instead of being douchebags about it why not try to be positive in interactions with them and maybe create a friendship that would aid in patch process. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I've hit the nail on the head...but I do know that the crap I read a lot here (that seems to be posted for the sole purpose of creating feuds) has to stop.

Stop the knee jerk asshole replies and if you don't have some constructive and positive to say or want or willing to help....go piss on someone else's grave. You're getting the bottom of my pants wet.

Go."

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:35 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

My contention is that no matter what you personal understanding of  patch is, what was mentioned was indeed a patch. It simply did not do everything that was required.

And you admit that it does add content that did me the ship date and fix a few bugs. That seems to me to be a patch.

Who cares if they get paid? They should if they are working. If they want to volunteer to help something they love, by all means!

But who gives a shit. We all seem to be in agreement on trying to get a patch done for the re-releases. Instead of being douchebags about it why not try to be positive in interactions with them and maybe create a friendship that would aid in patch process. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I've hit the nail on the head...but I do know that the crap I read a lot here (that seems to be posted for the sole purpose of creating feuds) has to stop.

Stop the knee jerk asshole replies and if you don't have some constructive and positive to say or want or willing to help....go piss on someone else's grave. You're getting the bottom of my pants wet.

Well, then stop calling people douchebags and assholes for openers.

And I did ask nicely over a year ago. Of course you werent around then.

And its not a knee jerk, either. I have been thinking about this for a very long time.

And as I mentioned before, I don't see it as a patch. It was a rush job to get stuff in that was late for the initial release. And it did not SUPPORT the product, much. It messed it up instead!

BTW, I could care less who gets paid. I just mentioned, its my belief someone IS getting paid.

Why don't YOU work with em for the next few years to get the patches out. Yea, that's the ticket.

Dundradal

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

Well, then stop calling people douchebags and assholes for openers.

And I did ask nicely over a year ago. Of course you werent around then.

And its not a knee jerk, either. I have been thinking about this for a very long time.

I didn't call anyone a douchebag, I said we should stop acting like one.

Well I applaud your effort. I plan on continuing it.

Quote:
And as I mentioned before, I don't see it as a patch. It was a rush job to get stuff in that was late for the initial release. And it did not SUPPORT the product, much. It messed it up instead!

BTW, I could care less who gets paid. I just mentioned, its my belief someone IS getting paid.

Why don't YOU work with em for the next few years to get the patches out. Yea, that's the ticket.

I hear you, but sometimes patches do mess up more stuff then they fix.

And instead of trying to insult each other (which does nothing but cause animosity between two people who have no reason for it...we are on the same side here) why not come up with a plan for tackling the issue?

I'm not trying to insult you for your efforts. I'm trying to learn more. As you said "of course you weren't here" and no I wasn't. So I'm playing catch up. I might stumble here and there, but my goal is the same as yours.

Go."

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:03 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

This thread is funny.  You are all funny.  And I am going to join in, because I too wish to sound funny.

So, I had written a lengthy post, and let me tell you, it was awesome and just a bit witty.  However, due to the fact that forums seem to log me out quicker than I can rant, I lost it.  Poop.  I've lost my groove now, so no chance of re-writing it.

The basic thrust was this:

Selling games or software that fails to work properly is shit.  However, much software has glitches, no matter how much money is pumped into it.  

Just what are the issues with TLD and MT?  I've not had any problems.  Do these games crash to desktop?  Do they lock up?  Does the interface fail to work properly?  If the game doesn't have these problems, can you really call it broken?  I mean, really?  Honestly?

Matrix - or, you know, whoever - are not big budget.  I've looked through their catalogue, and it's piss poor fare.  Sorry Matrix.  So, this aint a big budget operation with teams of programmers at the ready to roll out patch after patch to fix each reported issue and appease their huge and affluent fanbase.  This game is old and small time.  We are a fringe community.  Both of these facts suck, but they are still facts none the less.  Matrix have picked up a tired old franchise and kept it alive to feed this community and, yes, make a bit of cash out of it.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if CCS is the only thing that actually sells from their site.  Again, sorry Matrix, but those other games are shit, really.  Give me Hearts of Iron 2 any day; shits over the entire catalogue.  Hint: Aesthetic counts for a lot.  Really.  What was I saying?  Oh yeah; Matrix might be making cash out of it, but Close Combat is not a cash cow, by any stretch of the imagination.  Despite my hopes that the series continues on forever.  Huzzah!

The point is, I paid for CC:MT.  I paid for CC:TLD.  I paid for CC:V.  I haven't bought CC:IV, actually, as it happens; not sure why, now that I think about it.  I paid for the box set of CC:I through III, even though I never play CC:I.  I love this series, ever since I first bought a crappy second hand computer from a mate of mine and started playing A Bridge Too Far.  This series has taken hours of my life.  I prefer the gameplay of this series over even my copy of Company of Heroes, despite it's graphical glory and attempts to try and emulate CC in some small way.  Nothing compares to the CC experience, except the next iteration of Close Combat, should that ever happen (and so long as they realise and keep the winning formula that makes Close Combat Close Combat).

Are the Matrix remakes kind of like paying the price of a whole new car just to get your car polished?  A little, but I really couldn't care less.  I paid for it because I love this series and I crave more content.  Stupid, possibly, but true none the less.  If Matrix, or anyone for that matter, tried to keep the series going, it's possible I'd buy anything they decided to release.  Glitches or no.  Because, for some not entirely explainable reason, I just love Close Combat.  And, I am happy to pump cash into this little dream we've all got going: to keep Close Combat alive.  Which is why I hope the moderators leave it in when I say to "I don't want to pay for serials" guy:

Fuck you.  Fuck off out of this forum.  You don't want to pay for CC:TLD?  Then don't.  You don't need to pay; you don't need to play.  You couldn't be arsed playing CCMT?  Well, shit, why'd you buy it then?  "Man, I've got a nice new Corolla, but I never drive it.  Those Camrys look nice.  Anybody want to give me a Camry?"  Dickhead.  I'm not even sure why you are here.

Ok, that's me.  Peace and Love to all.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

LOL

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Get the Classic CC4 mod for tLD here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

Therion

Rep: 27.4

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:10 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
We can discuss finer legal matters until we hate each other (...even more...), but the game-key or serial is a part of the original game and a way to stop illegal copies of a copyrighted product.

The keys aren't removed because as the op stated, they don't work, not because CCS has aspirations to become second pirate bay.

The other side of the coin is the discussion about patches and working games. As customers we have the right to get working products, customers support and eventually patches that fixes problems with the original product. But honestly? -Who have bought an OS or a game that don't requires patching? (The Windows-series is the crown-jewel among these in my eyes, SP's, security patches and upgrades in layers. It may take hours after an installation to upgrade the OS to a secure, working level...  Rolling Eyes )

If it's a norm, then computer programs should have a clear warning that it's not finished in it's feature list and should have an information about how it's going to be supported. Anything less is a fraud.

Personally, I won't buy any game from Matrix Games. I won't tolerate conmen, who repay honest paying customers with selling games with fictional features that are in feature description and they didn't bother to implement ("Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and
"Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge") and don't give a clear warning that they sell faulty games (non-functional AI in CCMT for example).
It's hilarious that the same people that whine about how torrenting a copy of their work is stealing but at the same time don't have any problems with conning money from their honest paying customers.

CCMT is based on CCM which was good enough for the marines who paid for it.

Doom was good enough for marines too. It doesn't mean that it has features like "Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and "Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge".

CCMT is based on CCM which was good enough for the marines who paid for it. It's biggest problem isn't the data or the game engine but that it has no game part to it, a CC3/COI or CC4/5 or WAR/TLD campaign, for people to play single player.

I played CCMT both single and multi and the game part definitely exists. Its great fun in multi (as long as one of the players can make good scenarios) and very disappointing in SP due to the faulty AI.

§§§§§

All those legal issues, important are they not.

The consumer buy law (KKL).

To not fix (or refund) the dysfunctional product when it’s pointed out, is illegal.
To sell a product with known problems, is illegal.

In the marketing law (MFL).

Its illegal to sell a product that doesn’t match its description.
Its illegal for a company or its representatives to communicate with prospect consumer without clearly showing there true flag, (example: as posting here, and not say one is a representative from the developer or distributor).

Yep, we must take a firm stand against the decadence, the immorality, the illegal activity’s in the CC community.

Where does one start, how about:
Who wants there money back, or, who wants a working game?

A true Patriot.
I prefer a working game, as I got my copy for my time spent on testing it.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

***white flag***

Therion wrote (View Post):
We can discuss finer legal matters until we hate each other (...even more...), but the game-key or serial is a part of the original game and a way to stop illegal copies of a copyrighted product.

The keys aren't removed because as the op stated, they don't work, not because CCS has aspirations to become second pirate bay.

Never said anything about CCS, just a remark about the laws, ethics and moral around the pirate copying debate.  Wink (Oh, yes. I'm a self-righteous asshole, but I have paid for every game, record or film I've ever got by my own. Think I have one game and three CD's that friends have copied for me as gifts...  Razz )

Therion wrote (View Post):
The other side of the coin is the discussion about patches and working games. As customers we have the right to get working products, customers support and eventually patches that fixes problems with the original product. But honestly? -Who have bought an OS or a game that don't requires patching? (The Windows-series is the crown-jewel among these in my eyes, SP's, security patches and upgrades in layers. It may take hours after an installation to upgrade the OS to a secure, working level...  Rolling Eyes )

If it's a norm, then computer programs should have a clear warning that it's not finished in it's feature list and should have an information about how it's going to be supported. Anything less is a fraud.

Personally, I won't buy any game from Matrix Games. I won't tolerate conmen, who repay honest paying customers with selling games with fictional features that are in feature description and they didn't bother to implement ("Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and
"Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge") and don't give a clear warning that they sell faulty games (non-functional AI in CCMT for example).
It's hilarious that the same people that whine about how torrenting a copy of their work is stealing but at the same time don't have any problems with conning money from their honest paying customers.

Well, I get a feeling that it's a norm; -and if it's a norm, why demand warning texts?  Wink
You seems to be talking about CCMT, I can't comment on that game, never tried it, never will, but out of what I've been reading here on CCS, the support seems to suck and I'm sorry for you who are interested in that game.

But my latest experience of a new release (tLD) is that they are trying to support it. I can admit that the original game was a sad story, not properly tested and released to soon, and personally I waited half a year before I bought it so the worst flaws would have been patched. We all wants a working product, and that's our right as paying customers, but remember that there's no, or little, money in the CC series of games, so they can't put down thousands of man-hours in the new releases and if I got it right: the original code seems to be missing too, making programming a lot harder. Let's just hope that they can release a final, working patch for tLD (...and the other games too!) and maybe they crack the coding problem one day, so we can get a decent AI experience as well.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Dundradal

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):
Ok, that's me.  Peace and Love to all.

Great to see another positive outlook!

And my story is much like your's Hoogley. I bought the games because I wanted to see the community go on. Are there problems with them? Yes. However, instead of fighting back and forth with them, I'd like to do something, anything to extend an olive branch and offer support.

I've noticed there are beta patches to the games. Does anyone compile issues (I've seen the threads here...but in something like Bugzilla or the like) to report back to the developers? I mean otherwise what the fuck is the point of the beta? How do you know what works and what doesn't?

I'd hate to think that if we helped them they wouldn't want to help us in return. We are all on the same side here.

What has be done? What worked? What didn't? Does anyone have a means to talk to any of the devs/or Matrix about issues? Show our support for them and maybe they'll return the favor.

Go."

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: