Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

So, out of interest, what's actually broken with CCMT and CCtLD, respectively?  Call it interest, since I've only recently bought the two, and have not yet experienced issues with either.  Everybody seems to be quite annoyed about something, so I gather there has to be some major issues with these product that I am yet to experience.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

I play it on three d screens when in my Matrix supplied mansion but when I'm in my matrix supplied apartments around the world I rely on six matrix supplied laptops hooked up in series between snorting lines of coke and bomking supermodels.  there yuh go Stwa, that should give you a aneurysm.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
I play it on three d screens when in my Matrix supplied mansion but when I'm in my matrix supplied apartments around the world I rely on six matrix supplied laptops hooked up in series between snorting lines of coke and bomking supermodels.  there yuh go Stwa, that should give you a aneurysm.

So what can we conclude from this  Question

Real Pirates are flamboyent, swashbuckling, in your face types, that enjoy living outside the law  Exclamation

southern_land is a confessed Pirate  Exclamation

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:21 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa... all this pirate talk is starting to sound a bit fetish-esque.  Are you being ironical?  Is this a windup or something?  If not, I think we all just need to calm down and have a Snickers.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Yar, me 'ardies!  Cast yer squinty sun-damaged eyes to port!  Thar be gamers to plunder! Yar, and again, yar!  Batten the hatches! Hoist the mizzen mast!  Cast the anchor!  Poop the deck!  wind the... windy thing!  Add one more "yar" for luck!  Man the cannons!  Cannon the men!  Sharpen yer teeth and prepare to board, for today, we be fillin' our holds with shiny things! Yar!

In fact, me thinks me be takin' that shrecken's monitor fer me own, t' be sure.  Yar!

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:08 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Various quotes from the noob Hoogley  Arrow

This thread is funny.  You are all funny.  And I am going to join in, because I too wish to sound funny...

...I say to "I don't want to pay for serials" guy: Fuck you.  Fuck off out of this forum.  You don't want to pay for CC:TLD?  Then don't.  You don't need to pay; you don't need to play.  You couldn't be arsed playing CCMT?...Dickhead.  I'm not even sure why you are here.

Yar, me 'ardies!  Cast yer squinty sun-damaged eyes to port!  Thar be gamers to plunder! Yar, and again, yar!  Batten the hatches! Hoist the mizzen mast!  Cast the anchor!  Poop the deck!  wind the... windy thing!  Add one more "yar" for luck!  Man the cannons!  Cannon the men!  Sharpen yer teeth and prepare to board, for today, we be fillin' our holds with shiny things! Yar! In fact, me thinks me be takin' that shrecken's monitor fer me own, t' be sure.  Yar!

So what can we conclude from this  Question

Noob Trolls cloak their identities by describing aggression as comedy  Idea

Trolls, like Pirates, are cut-throats that have no sense of right or wrong    Exclamation

Hoogley is a Noob Troll and a confessed Pirate  Exclamation

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
 Trolls cloak their identities

indeed

But they don’t cloak well.....  

When I thoght I seen it all,

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Yes, Stwa has elevated the 'discussion' into the sublime.  I don't know quite what meds he is on but I am not sure if it is working very well.  Still, he is entitled to his opinions, if opinions they are and not just rants, but hey!, we can all let off on occasion can we not?

The only mega monitor I have ever seen running CC was in the Pentagon, and they belonged to the USMC or PMTRASYS as far as I know, anyway it was the Military or related.

I don't know if any of the Matrix Team have got these things, and if they do, so what?  David Heath would no more give these out as chew his own feet off.  His Shareholders would crucify him for throwing away the profit.  You think there is big money in developing CC?  You need a reality update...

The trouble with these people is they try to use a 'moral' argument to justify an illegal activity.  Even if CC were 'broken' (of which I am far from convinced), that is not a justification in Law.  Copywrite of a 'broken' product is still Copywrite.  There may be issues of Trading Standards (i.e. not doing what it says on the box), but that is something different.

There are masses of 'free' games available.  I remember one called 'Firefight'.  A one man band development that wasn't half bad, and gave a good tactical game.  Many of the old titles are available at a budget price.  Heck, people spend twice as much in an evening drinking themselves stupid and pissing their money away.  I couldn't possibly count the number of hours pleasure that CC has given me, bugs and all!

But Stwa, you really need to review your arguments, if that is what you are trying to do (argue your case that is).  They just come across as disconnected rants.  Consequently you will be considered a simpleton and not taken seriously.  Most of the people here seem to be pretty decent on the whole and will debate sensibly with you.  But then maybe your intention is just to wind up or piss people off?  In which case anything we say is unlikely to get anywhere.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Various Quotes from AT_Stalky  Arrow

All those legal issues, important are they not. The consumer buy law (KKL). To not fix (or refund) the dysfunctional product when it’s pointed out, is illegal. To sell a product with known problems, is illegal. In the marketing law (MFL). Its illegal to sell a product that doesn’t match its description. Its illegal for a company or its representatives to communicate with prospect consumer without clearly showing there true flag, (example: as posting here, and not say one is a representative from the developer or distributor). Yep, we must take a firm stand against the decadence, the immorality, the illegal activity’s in the CC community.

Yes, But is it any good?  Its now 2010, 2.5 years later and its still unplayable with that patch.

So, what can we conclude from this  Question

A farting dog barks first  Idea

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
A farting dog barks first  Idea

Heck!!!  Noted.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

A Quote from vonB  Arrow

But Stwa, you really need to review your arguments, if that is what you are trying to do (argue your case that is).  They just come across as disconnected rants.  Consequently you will be considered a simpleton and not taken seriously.  Most of the people here seem to be pretty decent on the whole and will debate sensibly with you.  But then maybe your intention is just to wind up or piss people off?  In which case anything we say is unlikely to get anywhere.

I am only making one point. It should be obvious to all, except the simple minded.

No one has debated anything I have posted so far.

I am not taken seriously anyway, so big deal.

You think sensible debate occurs here a CCS. I could supply a ton of links that would prove you wrong.

Me wind up  Question  I have spent the majority of the last year in the CCMT forum. From there I watch others wind up whenever they feel like it.

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Ok, I'm confused... do you think I'm Schrecken?  Firstly, I'm not a noob, and I'm not a troll.  

On the count of the first, my original handle was Cpl_Punishment, which was initiated about... I don't know, I'd have to log in to check, but it's at least two years ago, possibly five...  but I've used the Hoogley nick' in so many other places (CSO included) that I wanted continuity.  I tried to change my nickname for my original CCS account, but it wouldn't let me, so I just started a new one.  I couldn't care less about the cred loss... well, I didn't really have anyway.  :]  I've been playing Close Combat since before the turn of the century, so mate... noob I ain't.

On the count of the second... actually, I'm not entirely sure what a "troll" is.  Is this the thing about me being one of the Matrix guys pretending to be someone else in order to add to their argument?  Because I'm not that either.  Don't believe me?  Go check out this CSO Forum thread.   I am a community member, not a ghost in the machine.

I am agressive and funny.  That's who I am.  And, thank you for noticing.   Wink

Again, can I ask what the problems are with the games?  I honestly don't know what the brouhaha is about.  The only thing I've noticed that has changed and, yes, shits me somewhat, is that it seems now that even elite troops, when moving normally in the open, will discount their orders the moment somebody shoots at them.  I figured the dev's did this on purpose to make the game more realistic and challenging.  I may however be wrong; don't know.  I also realise the reason I am annoyed about this is because it means I need to rethink how I play, so that may not turn out to be Matrix' issue but mine; time will tell whether I change my mind on this point.  I also haven't really played CCMT much yet, so I know that it's entirely possible that it actually does have serious issues; I just don't know what they are.

I'm not on the side of the Matrix guys per se, I just think that arguing for pirating software is retarded.  You are arguing for theft, and that means you are ok if people rob you blind!!!!, because if you are ok to rob somebody else, what's the problem if they return the favour?  If you're going to thieve, fine, but don't ask for acceptance for it, because last time I checked it was internationally frowned upon.  There is a good reason for that.  This is why I got the shits with the initiator of this thread, because he was a douchebag for being a thief and getting pissed off with people for calling him a thief; WTF????????????

The other side?  If you don't like Matrix' products, don't buy them or play them.  Don't give them money and they'll stop making the games.  Easy.  That is how a trade society works; if you don't like something you don't endorse it, and if enough people don't like it then it stops being made.  This is not what I want, however, so I'm fine to pay money for the remakes; issues or no.

I really do think that everbody arguing about this is stupid; me included.  But it is fun, which is why I just wasted ten minutes of my life responding to your angry, conspiratorial, and very piratey argument.  

So keep going; you make me laugh.  Very Happy

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

A quote from vonB  Arrow

I don't know if any of the Matrix Team have got these things, and if they do, so what?  David Heath would no more give these out as chew his own feet off.  His Shareholders would crucify him for throwing away the profit.  You think there is big money in developing CC?  You need a reality update...

Matrix is a family owned business, right, so do you know who the shareholders are  Question

I NEVER said there was big money in CC. But only Matrix knows for sure.

The only thing worse that a theif is a petty thief.

Cpl_Punishment

Rep: 1.2

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

And, Hi, this is me - Hoogley - just wanting to provide supporting evidence that I am not a lier.  I still haven't looked at when I joined, so we will all learn together after I post this.

Cheers!

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Ooh! 2004 ... noob?  Well, only 14 posts... so ... whatever.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):
Ok, I'm confused... do you think I'm Schrecken?  Firstly, I'm not a noob, and I'm not a troll.  

On the count of the first, my original handle was Cpl_Punishment, which was initiated about... I don't know, I'd have to log in to check, but it's at least two years ago, possibly five...  but I've used the Hoogley nick' in so many other places (CSO included) that I wanted continuity.  I tried to change my nickname for my original CCS account, but it wouldn't let me, so I just started a new one.  I couldn't care less about the cred loss... well, I didn't really have anyway.  :]  I've been playing Close Combat since before the turn of the century, so mate... noob I ain't.

On the count of the second... actually, I'm not entirely sure what a "troll" is.  Is this the thing about me being one of the Matrix guys pretending to be someone else in order to add to their argument?  Because I'm not that either.  Don't believe me?  Go check out this CSO Forum thread.   I am a community member, not a ghost in the machine.

I am agressive and funny.  That's who I am.  And, thank you for noticing.   Wink

Again, can I ask what the problems are with the games?  I honestly don't know what the brouhaha is about.  The only thing I've noticed that has changed and, yes, shits me somewhat, is that it seems now that even elite troops, when moving normally in the open, will discount their orders the moment somebody shoots at them.  I figured the dev's did this on purpose to make the game more realistic and challenging.  I may however be wrong; don't know.  I also realise the reason I am annoyed about this is because it means I need to rethink how I play, so that may not turn out to be Matrix' issue but mine; time will tell whether I change my mind on this point.  I also haven't really played CCMT much yet, so I know that it's entirely possible that it actually does have serious issues; I just don't know what they are.

I'm not on the side of the Matrix guys per se, I just think that arguing for pirating software is retarded.  You are arguing for theft, and that means you are ok if people rob you blind!!!!, because if you are ok to rob somebody else, what's the problem if they return the favour?  If you're going to thieve, fine, but don't ask for acceptance for it, because last time I checked it was internationally frowned upon.  There is a good reason for that.  This is why I got the shits with the initiator of this thread, because he was a douchebag for being a thief and getting pissed off with people for calling him a thief; WTF????????????

The other side?  If you don't like Matrix' products, don't buy them or play them.  Don't give them money and they'll stop making the games.  Easy.  That is how a trade society works; if you don't like something you don't endorse it, and if enough people don't like it then it stops being made.  This is not what I want, however, so I'm fine to pay money for the remakes; issues or no.

I really do think that everbody arguing about this is stupid; me included.  But it is fun, which is why I just wasted ten minutes of my life responding to your angry, conspiratorial, and very piratey argument.  

So keep going; you make me laugh.  Very Happy

Regarding CCMT there are a few links I can give you from way back. I will have to find them. But If you are still trying to play CCMT you should stop by that forum once in a while. The pirate speak was pretty good, I must admit.

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

And you only joined '06, so I'm more ol' school than you are!  Who's a noob?????

Sorry, I'll stop being a dick now.  I just, you know, get on a roll...

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Stwa: I will have to check out the CCMT forums.  I am hoping I do not despair when I read.  Cheers.  

And again, sorry for riling you up.  I am only tooling about.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

Cpl_Punishment wrote (View Post):
Stwa: I will have to check out the CCMT forums.  I am hoping I do not despair when I read.  Cheers.  

And again, sorry for riling you up.  I am only tooling about.

Well try downloading something from the mods or submods area for CCMT.

Replace the original missions with some new ones that you make yourself.  Idea

You might like CCMT a little better. Its worth a try

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Reply with quote

What a funny thread Smile.

appears vonB is Beeb Laughing
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=50613#50613
Quote:
I also wonder if faster computers help the AI to make more / better decisions? Even in Original CC4 the tank would eventuallly face the most dangerous attacker, it seemed the computer was scanning the battlefield for threats. Faster computers might make that decision quicker, therefore less spinning. What do you think Beebs - sorry, VonB, didnt mean to blow your cover

couple of days ago my bet was that Dundradal was Drill but who knows, maybe he is flamethrower or someone worse Razz.

it's always funny to read some "noobs" that have made some 90 posts in 2 monthes after joining with such "deep" insight...but he always reminds, that he doesn't know, he is just reading  Wink . yeah, and don't forget to post links to CSO Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: