Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:57 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I hate it! Wink  The Germans blowed up the Son Bridge right in my face! Very Happy

After about 5 battles in GC, looks great, i love it!...but..it needs a sound mod... Crying or Very sad

Thankyou all people involved in making this great game! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Mats

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

What do you guys think about AI?

I've found the vehicle path finding to be as bad as ever (told a half track to move straight down a dirt road 60m, came back later to find it lost in the woods further away from its goal than when it started). Enemy battle AI still lacks aggression, not making hard pushes even with clear advantage of men/tanks.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
I hate it! Wink  The Germans blowed up the Son Bridge right in my face! Very Happy

After about 5 battles in GC, looks great, i love it!...but..it needs a sound mod... Crying or Very sad

Thankyou all people involved in making this great game! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Mats

...and a uniforms mod Crying or Very sad

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:21 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

No Mac for the re-release ?  It was after all the best-selling game of all, partially due to the large # Mac users that bought CC2.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:46 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Yeah, vehicle pathing is still poor and the AI is pretty crappy, but c'est la CC. Maps look great and 20 minute timer settings are a much appreciated addition.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):

...and a uniforms mod Crying or Very sad

Well at least this time the devs went with the correct historical uniforms for the US AB.
To be more accurate...all it needs is a small mod so that the 504th PIR/82nd AB can wear M42 jumpsuits...nitpicky nitpicky Wink
But you're right, Sapa...the American M43 uniforms (on the tiny soldiers) needs a bit of retouching...those look like the greens from stock CC5.

German uniforms look great to me...CMIIW.

Very nice work, Dev Team!  Let's start porting mods! (after enjoying stock CCLSA of course!)

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:49 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Stupid me needs to ask a question: If I download the game from Matrix G, can I burn the game onto a disc so that I won't loose the game (in case of PC crasch and efter that 2 year period of backup download) ?

"CC for ever"

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

It is the FIRST thing you should do....

karlmortar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:44 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Stupied question2: So there is no problem in putting the files down on a Cd and  install to another PC if needed?
No need to do any strange stuff or cracks?

"CC for ever"

vonB

Rep: 32.6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

No question is stupid...

There is no problem writing the file(s) to any other medium large enough.  How could you do a System Backup otherwise?

If you read the license, then I am sure it says something along the lines of you can use it on one PC.  There is nothing that I know of that physically prevents you from installing it on as many PC's as you want.  So I guess the really really really 'PC' approach is to delete it from one PC before you install it on another.  Would I bother?  No, but then neither would I copy and distribute it, free or otherwise.  It is for my own use, and if I want to install it on 4 of my own PC's, then I will do so.  It may not be 'technically' correct, but if they want to take issue with that, I'm up for it.

So, no crack, hacks, strange, or other tiresome things to do.  Burn the download to a DVD. Install it on your PC.  Any of your PC's.

If LSA is different to any of the others, I'd be surprised (I haven't tried LSA yet...).

karlmortar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I belive that that answered ALL of my questions.  Very Happy

Thanks vonB  Wink

"CC for ever"

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:57 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Priapus wrote (View Post):
Yeah, vehicle pathing is still poor and the AI is pretty crappy, but c'est la CC. Maps look great

I thought CC2 would have the best chance for AI performance with the strongest in the series.  Are the maps the same scale or are they big like CC5 style?

Final verdict on Mac release... no plans to port to Mac OS ?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Digs

Rep: 56.7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Besides CDs or DVDs, put it on a flash drive or external HD. If you don't have a a DVD drive you can compress the exe using an archiving program like IZArc www.izarc.org then split the zip file into two parts in order to fit it on a two CD-Rs.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Any chance you guys can post a lot screen shots for those of us who cant buy it right now?

thanks

lamurt

Rep: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

ditto micheal.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

There's plenty of screenshots over at Matrix Games.
Maybe some specific requests of what you wanted to see in the game...maybe I can post screenies of those.

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I just played it
I really like the graphic,

It crashed every time a new video started
but other than that I enjoy the game

Best bridge blew up but I manage to cap all the others
Now I'm moving on arnhem bridge Laughing

karlmortar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers and advices, lads Very Happy

Now i finaly have LSA in my posession! Muhahahahah! Twisted Evil

Took 22 minutes to download it Very Happy

"CC for ever"

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Here some screenshots from game.

The new Arhem Rail Bridge, a big map and very good made.

The destroy bridge button.

The bridge before to be destroyed.

The explosion, very good the effect.

And the bridge now destroyed.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Downloading now, hope my connection holds up... iinet has been dodgy for weeks  Evil or Very Mad

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: