Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:56 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Quote:
1.Point system for those who are looking for more balance.

The great old CC2 used a point system. I find this on the new game other good option. So many options we have on game, this will be better.

Quote:
Force pool for those looking for realism.  

This show us how humans we are, they can edit fpool thousands of times and always we will find somebody which he does not like fpools.

If you want more, you can wait to the mods.Wink

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:11 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Playing GC Sep 18 time 0600, using 1st BN / 508 PIR on Nijmegen Bridge map. Starting battle, choosing zome out view, game crashes to desktop.

Testing the singelbattle in the game, same result...

Could please someone else test this? maybe it is my computer?? its a large map ...

/Mats

golani_2

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:19 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Playing GC Sep 18 time 0600, using 1st BN / 508 PIR on Nijmegen Bridge map. Starting battle, choosing zome out view, game crashes to desktop.

Testing the singelbattle in the game, same result...

Could please someone else test this? maybe it is my computer?? its a large map ...

/Mats

Works fine here.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:05 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

works fine for me too.

What are your PC specs Sap?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
points is a mechanic of the game...  no more or less realistic than a forcepool mechanic.

I agree with this, and I also agree with the first comment about realism as well.

All that being what it is, I do think the world divies up into those that want a point system enforced and those that do not.

I know for instance, I would not like a points system of any kind in CCMT.

I am under the general belief that point systems are mainly beneficial to H2H players who want this kind of balance.

But as a single player, we load one side up a bit all the time, especially in CCMT.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

The BattleMaker needs the point system for great individual battles.  

Hence the Classic Map battles for fun and tournaments.

:D

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:23 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

works fine for me too.

What are your PC specs Sap?

As i thougt its my pc, im playing with 256 mb ram and i noticed that minimum was 512, had to try anyway Smile the game works nice on my pc, its just the zoom out option that doesent work on the Nijmegen Bridge map, can Matrix buy me a new computer..please Wink

Thankyou for the answers anyway!  Very Happy

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:32 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

golani_2 wrote (View Post):

really...why not?

Don't know, it's less realistic and less fun (for me).

Still haven't figured out when I get more points, how many DO I get, how to refit a unit etc.

Why should "selling" a unit bring me only half it's worth? especially if that unit got "upgraded" under my command (i.e earned morale and experience).

All these things are probably much better for the H2H players- enables to balance the sides, but I'm an AI player, I'd prefer the game to be as historically accurate and realistic as possible.

I wished Matrix would have (or maybe they can still do it with a patch) released it with two possibilities-

2. Force pool for those looking for realism.  

Having a force pool of pre-designated units and amounts is the best in my eyes.

Look, all they really have to do, is create a switch where the user can determine and SET the number of points allowed to some OUTRAGEOS value. Then a user can SET the number to 999,999,999,999,999,999,999 as a example. Would that make things better   Question

golani_2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
golani_2 wrote (View Post):

really...why not?

Don't know, it's less realistic and less fun (for me).

Still haven't figured out when I get more points, how many DO I get, how to refit a unit etc.

Why should "selling" a unit bring me only half it's worth? especially if that unit got "upgraded" under my command (i.e earned morale and experience).

All these things are probably much better for the H2H players- enables to balance the sides, but I'm an AI player, I'd prefer the game to be as historically accurate and realistic as possible.

I wished Matrix would have (or maybe they can still do it with a patch) released it with two possibilities-

2. Force pool for those looking for realism.  

Having a force pool of pre-designated units and amounts is the best in my eyes.

Look, all they really have to do, is create a switch where the user can determine and SET the number of points allowed to some OUTRAGEOS value. Then a user can SET the number to 999,999,999,999,999,999,999 as a example. Would that make things better   Question

Not sure, wouldn't you then have an endless amount of units?

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:06 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Wow why can't you Canadians get along?   Rolling Eyes

Yes the AI seems to be struggling again.  The maps/scale seems to be too large.  Performance might have decreased in comparison to the original CC2 possibly due the map sizing.

However it is good to get an update on this old game.  The strategic maps / movement / options is no joke.  You really have a ton of options i.e. merging, resting, disbanding.

Nice to see the original video clips again.  Although the video resolution seems to be a lot smaller for some reason.  Maybe it was because I had a Mac computer previously when I played CC2?

My only complaints thus far is the sub-par AI performance and why no Mac OS version?  Mafi are we the only Mac guys?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I'm pleased with it. The strategic options are fun and add a new layer to the game. Considering the amount of online play I've got out of TLD so far, I don't think the price tag is too outrageous. Of course, if you intend to only play the AI then I probably wouldn't bother shelling out.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

My initial excitement was somewhat dampened when I suffered my first German 'counter-attacks' (playing allied vs. AI), the AI did well on the defences but every attack have been gunned down by my troops; -No crawl of death, but running back and forth like confused chickens...  Rolling Eyes

And I find the point-system a bit hampering, fells like you have to play at Recruit level to get points for 'funzies' like guns and tanks, but at the same time I like it; -It's preventing the creations of 'überforces' and gives the feeling of "I'm sorry Captain, you have to fight with what you got. We can't send you any tanks right now."

Being an old CC2 I'm still pleased with the over-all impression of the game, trying to get a friend to buy it too, so I can get some h2h games going.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Have fun, who has not pirated anything on his live? I do not go to be the hypocrit here.

Quote:
difficulty to connect multiplayer, an AI who wont attack and a huge price tag

I agree with this, the multiplayer system is a complete bullshit, the battlehq is a system useless and the price............is too high, specially for european people, the tax added is so stupid and one authentic steal.

But LSA is a fun game, it is not bad made and probably it can be mod very easy. Personally as I told you, I´m not a hypocrit, I´m sure at 100% that if ST3 and Matrix had not released these new editions from the old CC, we had not played a single CC game more because nobody had made a new game more or because the old games do not run on new machines.

Now the unique thing that I would like know here is this. What does game need for to add room on a good multiplayer site like gamespy by example?

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:28 am Post subject: Last stand Arnhem on the Macintosh Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
... and why no Mac OS version?  Mafi are we the only Mac guys?

Hi dj,
a direct question deserves a direct answer: yes, we are few on the Mac. Perhaps this is the reason why there is no Mac version. As usual. The release of CC1/CC2 for the MacOS was a result of an agreement between Microsoft and Apple to produce apps for the Mac by MS, and the fact that the Atomic team was primarily developing on the Mac themselves at those times. Nowadays this is totally different. Sad to say... first of all for the PPC-owners.

For i386-Macs I recommend to use ParalellesDesktop5, running the game in windowed mode.

Cheers
Mafi

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:36 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Seriously though,
The AB sniper has a Garand with a scope, not as good as the Springfield. 4 points is all it's worth.
The US rifle team with a 30 cal is a good idea, but the normal rifle team with a BAR is better for attacking / asault.
62 points for a 81mm mortar seems a bit rich, but then CC3/2 and points were never my favorite system -  too many subjective arguments from people who dont agree with the person who's 100% correct  - ME!

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

So far the GE have blown 3 bridges in front of me ..  that's their job, I dont see how I could have captured them with my trooprs refusing to advance under fire.. the opposite of the crawl of death.
Meanwhile the DW continues to watch vampire sex in True Blood, It's not the Ge FJ troops that are my enemy in this battle , but the stinking Vampire popculture......

golani_2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Seriously though,
The AB sniper has a Garand with a scope, not as good as the Springfield. 4 points is all it's worth.
The US rifle team with a 30 cal is a good idea, but the normal rifle team with a BAR is better for attacking / asault.
62 points for a 81mm mortar seems a bit rich, but then CC3/2 and points were never my favorite system -  too many subjective arguments from people who dont agree with the person who's 100% correct  - ME!

The Sniper with the M1C raised my eyebrow as well, I thought they only became fully operational and widespread in Korea.

As far as MG infantry vs. Infantry, Infantry are meant to be better in assault, MG in cover fire, for some reason though the regular infantry is priced higher then the MG (about 4 points I believe).

Did I mention I don't like the points system?  Very Happy

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Quote:
Being an old CC2 I'm still pleased with the over-all impression of the game, trying to get a friend to buy it too, so I can get some h2h games going.

Woulf, I feel that this game only MUST be played h2h, so if you have time and want to I can play GC with you. Maybe play and steer up an historical GC? (Historical moves etc etc).

Also take notes and see what can be corrected for a Historical Improvment LSA Mod? Wink

"CC for ever"

ronson

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Have bought both WaR and TLD, before I buy this game can somebody do me a favour and tell me if this game features the 'Homing Missile' mortars of the other two remakes?

By this I mean is it a racing certainty to KO guns with a few mortar bombs, or do you need a concentrated barrage of them to do any damage?

I eagerly await your replies.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

You can knock out 88's with 4-5 mortar rounds from a single 60mm mortar if you are close enough.

I myself knocked out a 20mm FlaK with 2 rounds Very Happy
Funniest thing is that the last round landed about 20 meters (according to game) apart from the gun.

"CC for ever"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: