Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

One nasty piece of shrapnel there Karl!  Wink

Since I have the habit to place the mortars far, far, back it takes a few more rounds than that, but as long as you got a mortar FlaKs aren't a problem. Someone should look into this at both LSA and tLD, bringing the vulnerability to 'modded CC5-standard'  Wink  

...and talking of FlaKs; -Is it common knowledge that German FlaKs don't have fixed placement when you put the Germans on Recruit level? Damn, I was in for a nasty surprise when I played around with the settings to get a nice game going!  Shocked

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Didn't knew about this release!
Looks pretty damn good the old CC2 with the new graphics and options. Looking forward to play it.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zon

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Am I going crazy or is the Arnhem North map in LSA a clone of the Nijmegen City map from CC2?

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

you're not going mad mr. zon!!

-Just looked at the map preview of LSA, the map is a clone, might just be some minor changes (if any) But a nice map anyway, remember all the hard fire-and-movement battles I've played on it in CC2  Smile

zon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Well, it's a fine map. Just who got it wrong, Matrix et al or Atomic?

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I'm not sure it's a mistake involved in the maps, guess it's a simple re-use. The two Nijmegen maps are more or less historical correct (although it would be fine to know what map NijmegnX.jpg is...  Confused )

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Back in the 'good-old-days' of CC2 the bridge could fail to blow on the first attempt sometimes, is this a possibility in LSA too? Have mostly played the allies, so I haven't seen it.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Bridges can fail to blow, yes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Nice, thx Schrecken  Smile

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this...bailed out vehicle crews don't hang around the battlefield anymore...they quickly try to exit the map like in CC3.
Nice new feature! Well done, Devs!  I hope this will be implemented in CCWAR and CCTLD soon!

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

they are coded to run for your entry VL if possible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:03 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Can they take VLs while they flee?

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:16 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Good question... they shouldn't.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

If they got bailed, they won't be recycled into a new vehicle, right? (Like in CCV)

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

As I understand it there vehicle can be repaired and they can crew it - % chance

Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:39 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

As a CC player since the late 90s I have really appreciated about this re-release and already downloaded! Thanks! :D

I don't know if it was already reported, but could the stratmap be zoomed in and out and, in case, with the use of the mouse wheel?

As already reported it is a bit annoying that after you look closer at the BG in the Arnhem sector, for instance, you go back to Eindhoven sector squares...

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

I had found better if they can combat enemy.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:26 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):

I had found better if they can combat enemy.

But that's not realistic and this issue has been discussed before.
When their AFV/Vehicle is destroyed...crews don't hang around to fight as infantry in real life.

BTW, what about Command Crews? I haven't had time to experiment in LSA...do they stay and fight as command units (like previous builds) or do they also hightail it to the nearest exit VL?

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

When their AFV/Vehicle is destroyed...crews don't hang around to fight as infantry in real life.

I find more unrealistic this.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

I find more unrealistic this.

You've been playing too much Star Wars games, My friend Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: