Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Author
Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Can somebody tell me something about Polish forces in LSA?
I´m very interested in the Polish Brigade, in game and historically.
I played a lot the "Polish Drop" operation in the old CC2.
So, can somebody maybe post some pics of the maps involving the brigade, the battlegroup or something like that?

Thanks!

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Here you go!

Driel North.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.53 KB
 Viewed:  12394 Time(s)

Driel North.jpg

Driel Drop Zone.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.59 KB

Driel Drop Zone.jpg

Polish Para.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.41 KB

Polish Para.jpg

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Thanks Sapa!
Those maps look great!
Is it possible to cross the Rhin using the ferry so you can support the british forces or this can only be done by capturing the Arnhem bridge?

My Youtube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

You can cross by the ferry i think! Havent tried that one yet... Wink

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

...or by assault-crossing when you have established contact with XXX Corps and the major supply dump down south.

From the manual:

"Ferry crossings are a special type of connection between two maps. In Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem, they exist between Heveadorp - Driel North and Pannerdon - Doornenburg. To use a ferry
you must have full control the maps on both sides of the ferry (i.e. no enemy units are present on either map). Any type of Battle Group can use the ferry, but only one Battle Group per turn can use it. If there is a battle on either map involved in the ferry crossing, the ferry is considered destroyed and no one can make a ferry crossing there for the rest of the game."

And Assault crossing:

"An assault crossing site is a special type of connection between two different maps on opposite
sides of a river (similar to a ferry crossing site). In Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem the maps
where an assault crossing can occur are Weurt – Waal North Bank and Heteren – Renkum.
Ferry sites can also be used as assault crossing sites. An assault crossing can be made by
Infantry, airborne, or engineer Battle Groups only."

-Guess I've violated some copyright now, even I am a internet pirate!  Razz

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
-Guess I've violated some copyright now, even I am a internet pirate!  Razz

There is no violation if you use it for illustrative purposes, and you sir, illustrated me!  Very Happy

My Youtube Channel

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I always seem to miss the release announcements.  I need to keep myself in the loop more.

Well, from what I've played over the last two days, It's pretty awesome.  I really do have to eat my words about S3T generally just adding what constitute little more than tweaked upgrades to the original engines; this one is unprecedented.  They've really done a job adding everything that needed to be added to make this game work as I would want.  Big ups to the guys; pats on the back all round.

I'm playing the GC as the game defaulted: no time limit, end on morale break, and it's made me realise a couple of gameplay niggles I have:

a) Not being able to clear a map because I scared the buggery out of ze Germans before I could claim enough SPs to knock them off the map is annoying as all hell.

b) Having to play a short map battle consisting of "mop up the field" for every single one of these previous battles is just a little bit boring.

That said, these are small niggles.  I still enjoyed myself immensely.  I know I've played more turns on this than TLD.  This is a definite recommendation to all CC fans.  Without a doubt the best to date.

Unfortunately, we had to be working on an OMG mod at time of release.  Typical.  No problems though, we'll work it out.  ;)

Aside: I think I've finally worked out tactics for the new team AI so my assaults don't stall the first moment somebody gets shot at.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Hoogley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:22 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Now, S3T (or somebody) just need to fulfill my life's wishes and make a new breed of CC game with the following:

* Overhead locked 3D view with wide field zoom in/out, from meters to miles.  

* Sprawling campaign map that covers an entire operational zone in vast detail.

* Campaign map moves in real time with "time-freeze" to play out engagements as they occur.

* Seamless zooming from campaign map down to battle map (the biggest pipe dream on this list!)

* integrated 3D map making & campaign modding tools.  The ability to add huge lists of soldiers, teams, weapons, BGs, etc.

* Ability to merge/attach/detach BGs based on unit tiering from Company level all the way up to Divisional, with no BG quantity limit.  Ability to attach particular unit types to combat BGs as support (like tanks, AT gun units, AA units, and so on).

* Divisional support proximity determines support availability (like off map artillery, etc).

* Pre-battle strategies including aerial recon, bombing runs, artillery barrages, attacking strategic targets (like supply routes, airfields, ports, etc), and the like.

* Ability to organise defensive setup of units outside of battles (like digging trenches, building sandbag emplacements, etc).

* Support management including supply route (truck and aerial) management and troop replacement management.

* tweaks of all of the features from CC to date.

Simple request, n'est pas?  Very Happy

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):

Unfortunately, we had to be working on an OMG mod at time of release.  Typical.  No problems though, we'll work it out.  ;)

I genuinely feel for you there dude.  I hope you'll still release it

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

On the positive side

You now have lots of maps done

:)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

schrecken - I'm with you there.  Wink

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):

I genuinely feel for you there dude.  I hope you'll still release it

Here too.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
On the positive side

You now have lots of maps done

:)

And when you and your people release the LSA workbook, he will can move all to the LSA very fast.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Hoogley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:19 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I've got a question:  Why couldn't S3T have added the three platoon tabs from CCMT to CCLSA?  

I'm not saying it would have definitely improved LSA, but since they have adjustable limits on max number of teams per BG anyway, it would have been nice to max out the options for modders at least.

LSA has big maps, so it probably would have handled the increased number of units on the field.  Probably would have made the game more exciting and tense.  Just think: last stand actions with one solitary, reduced strength platoon running out of ammo versus an entire freshly reinforced company.

Missed opportunity me thinks.

Hoogley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:30 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Man, I love this operation.

The ebb and flow between being attacker and defender is what makes it so damned exciting.

I ordered 1 Bat/508 PIR to try and take Nijmegen bridge, figuring there was no point in waiting around for the rest of the division to assault our main objective.  Amazingly, despite losing a number of squads and all VLs but one, 1st Battalion managed to claw possession of the south end of the road bridge which at least stopped the Germans from blowing it up.  It's now midday on Sept 18th, and 1 Bat/508 PIR is down to 1 Plt Commander, 2 rifle squads, a .30cal, a bazooka, and a sniper, but they've managed to scrape the vast majority of the VLs out of the German's hands after some serious cat and mouse fighting.

But, even though the tide has swung my way for the moment, one small tactical mistake on my part or any reinforcements arriving for the Germans would quickly tip the whole cart over.

It's that kind of knife edge tension that makes a game worth playing; fancy 3D graphics or none.  Very Happy

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I have to agree with you Hoogley, its the Close Combat that hooked me the most, and I have only played it for two days.  Exclamation

My Youtube Channel

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Amazingly, despite losing a number of squads and all VLs but one, 1st Battalion managed to claw possession of the south end of the road bridge which at least stopped the Germans from blowing it up.

I guess this answers my question - Do you need to hold ALL the VL's to stop the bridge being blown?

Answer is NO?

Hoogley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:
I guess this answers my question - Do you need to hold ALL the VL's to stop the bridge being blown?

Answer is NO?

In the manual it says that capturing part of the bridge will reduce the chance of the bridge blowing successfully.  Not sure by how much.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:19 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

In the manual it says that capturing part of the bridge will reduce the chance of the bridge blowing successfully.  Not sure by how much.

Ahh yeah the "manual" ... I forgot to read that thing, I just post my stupid questions here  Wink

Hoogley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:01 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Nobody reads digital manuals but me anyway.  Wink  I'm a rulebook junky.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Jump to: