Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 pm Post subject: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Sorry for complaining but....playing GC as Germans, settings Line vs Line, force morale on and timer 15 minutes

Still holding the Valkensward after five battles with just a Command team and a Ad-hook unit...the britts never attack! dont even see them on the map :(

Even changed the Valkensward VL to 200 p, but nothings happen...same with Eindhoven! holding the map with an Mg34, 1 Command team, 1 Ad-Hoc and 2 88 FlaK. The AB troops is hiding in the buildings in the north of the map and never attacks.... Crying or Very sad

I thought the AI was improved in this new version..for me it feels worse than in CCTLD, but i could be wrong...

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Quote:
but i could be wrong...

Been reported 100+ times even before release.

it's being looked at.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:24 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

100+ times BEFORE release!!??

Well, now its 101+ AFTER release Shocked ....

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

you misquoted me and left out
Quote:
even

so that would make 130
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:26 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

The tactical AI for all the "CC5-enhanced engine" re-releases offer a good challenge only of you're playing as the attacker.
Unfortunately lots of Ops and GCs involve attack and counter-attack scenarios  Rolling Eyes
Vetmods can boost the AI to be more aggressive...but Vetmod AI is not suited for scenarios where the AI is supposed to defend  Wink

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Quote:
Vetmods can boost the AI to be more aggressive...but Vetmod AI is not suited for scenarios where the AI is supposed to defend

With all my respects for the creators (I included) this is not correct, the vetmods do not boost the IA to be more agressive. They give worse units to the human and better units to the IA but they are not more agresive, they are more hard if you attack them with your worse troops, there is a big difference with it and most of the games make this same.

Most of the times LSA and all the new reeditions make some different, on them IA attacks you, IA has been set for look for the enemy the most close as a human player. Of course, this is not perfect, sometimes it needs lot of time for attack you and other times it could be better but this is a lot better than the old CC games.

Personally if there are some problems with it, most of the times, this is because first the enter positions are too far from defense positions and because maps are too big. On my opinion the 15 teams are too few troops for these big maps.  Rolling Eyes But the IA is not bad.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Besides giving best and more units to AI and worse/less units for the player...Vetmods (I don't know about your own vetmod, Firefox) also code infantry as vehicles (in the SAI data)...this tweak alone makes them more aggressive in attacking...this gives the AI that boost in aggresivenes.
"Infantry coded as vehicles" cannot enter buildings though...so these Vetmods are better suited for non urban maps.

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:48 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

I think the extreme length of the Valkensward map exacerbates the AI's problems. The fact that XXX corps starts on this map and the AI getting stick there has a crippling effect on the Allies further emphasizes the problem.

Could be a fix/work around on this map would free up XXX corps and drastically improve AI Allied performance overall. I guess we could test that by starting a GC as Germany and disbanding the unit on Valkensward and seeing if XXX corps simply becomes stuck the next time they meet any opposition

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:21 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Or you could just play H2H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Valkensward is i a beautiful map! it would be a shame to take it way...

Maybe i would like to try removing the four VL:s on the way, just leaving entry point in the south and change the village VL to  200p and see what happens?

Changed VL:s on destructible bridges to 200 p and it seems to have som positive effect on the attacking AI. Now when the game is so easy modable i dont know how to remove VL:s Shocked ...can i just remove them in the BTD with excell??

bridge vl.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.83 KB
 Viewed:  11390 Time(s)

bridge vl.jpg

valken.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.47 KB
 Viewed:  11390 Time(s)

valken.jpg

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:35 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
Or you could just play H2H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  

In the game manual it says you can play against the AI Wink

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

I have been thinking about it and I think that would be fun some as the old CC2 game with the new maps, perhaps un ABTF with the new maps but only 28 maps. I have written it on my future mods list.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:10 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

easily and quickly edited with exel  (less than 5 min)

try this sap

backup your original btd first

Valknwrd.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Valknwrd.zip
 Filesize:  749 Bytes
 Downloaded:  421 Time(s)

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

remember to start a new GC or you could be in trouble with the btd

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:18 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

sorry, forgot the 200pt VL

Valknwrd.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Valknwrd.zip
 Filesize:  750 Bytes
 Downloaded:  386 Time(s)

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy  Will try it!

Tried myself but after deleting the four VL:s the game crashed.. Embarassed

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:24 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Did you change the control 9 to a 5?

Have a look at WaR or tLD workbook for an explanation of BTD's

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

got it!

Played a 15 minutes singlebattle with the changed VL:s and i am sad to say that it doesent seem to have any impact at all!
Moved all my Germans to the north, just leaving a recon squad in the middle of the map, played with the enemy shown to see what happens..

2 minutes: 1 Brengroup and 1 Firefly started to move North
5 minutes: still moving North, the rest of the Britts are just waiting
7 minutes: my German recon took out the Brengroup and the Firefly fleed to the south!
10 minutes: Two more UK teams moved to the north to first bridge and then run home (without getting any fire)
15 minutes: No more action, just teedrinking i suppose..

I am sorry to say that this is a disaster for the GC play, no use in playing as Germans if the XXX Corps doesent attack! Crying or Very sad

15minutes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  193.46 KB
 Viewed:  11993 Time(s)

15minutes.jpg

10minutes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.4 KB

10minutes.jpg

2minutes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.23 KB

2minutes.jpg

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Took me 4 battles until the XXX coprs in Valkensward even fired a shot at me, and they still only had reached the second small bridge! Mad

One thing that annoys me is that the AI during strat moves is a coward! Mad
2nd Para Btn has an open road to Arnhem road brige, yet he doesn't make a dash for it!
I even tried to remove ALL german BGs that were close to Arnhem  to try to give 2nd Para some sense of security, but 2nd Para still have a cup of tee in east Oosterbeek.
Why? Crying or Very sad

And once XXX reaches Eindhoven they decide that the city is a great place and fudge the entire operation. Checking 3  days later (21 sep) they were still in Eindhoven! Shocked

Make the AI more agressive and smarter, please! Crying or Very sad

The fun about OMG is to try to stop XXX corps to reach Arnhem, not to wait for it to come out of Eindhoven.  Confused

Otherwise good game. Very Happy

"CC for ever"

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Yes i love it to!  Very Happy

Thats why im so frustrated about this entry battle!!! changing the VL doesent seems to help... now i will look in the Base files (it should be nice to have the workbook Wink )

(My Ostgotisk brain is going overheated right now!)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: