Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

For playing vs the AI...play as the attacker (Allies), people! Smile
If you love playing as Germans then play PJ's Stalingrad Winter Campaigns mods (SDK, SOC, SDKDK)...or the first half of WAR.

If you must play as Germans, then maybe wait a bit for a vetmod (Salhexe is probably already busy modding one)...then you'll at least have an aggressive attacking tactical AI (not sure about the Stratmap AI...looks like a patch is needed for this).
In the meantime...try playing as Allies...the defending AI still can't setup properly, sometimes launches stupid charges and leaves perfectly good cover for no reason...but the defending AI will give you a good challenge...and sometimes even whoop ya! Smile

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

...and I forgot to mention the overpowered German MGs...makes attacking that much harder...one mistake and bodies will pile up!  Wink

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Thanks,but i will not wait for any Vetmod..i think it should work as it is Mad

I hate these soldiers coded as vehicles!  Mad  I want to play the GC as singleplayer both as German and Allies and i want the XXX corps to be an aggresive force trying to reach Arnhem Razz

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:48 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

"Hear, hear"

Battle for Berlin is also a kick to play as the German (with Salhexe vetmod of course!)

Another tips; -When the AI is attacking, accept truce every time they beg for it. It's nor fair to sit and have a total duck-shoot!  Wink

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Thanks,but i will not wait for any Vetmod..i think it should work as it is Mad

I hate these soldiers coded as vehicles!  Mad  

Soldiers who thinks that they're halftracks/trucks are perfect for LSA because the maps are mostly rural and small towns :)

Quote:
I want to play the GC as singleplayer both as German and Allies and i want the XXX corps to be an aggresive force trying to reach Arnhem Razz

Sapa, you should know that you need the old CC2 to simulate that Very Happy

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Made another test (what has the developers done???)

Changed values in Data/Base/Battlegroups for all BG:s belonging to XXX Corps

Aggression +5
Caution -5
Charisma +5
Tactics +5
This is the result after 5 minutes in singleplayer battle (will test in GC) at least som units has crossed the first bridge! Dont know what happens if they get fired on (yet)...

test.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.75 KB
 Viewed:  8425 Time(s)

test.jpg

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Made another test (what has the developers done???)

Changed values in Data/Base/Battlegroups for all BG:s belonging to XXX Corps

Aggression +5
Caution -5
Charisma +5
Tactics +5
This is the result after 5 minutes in singleplayer battle (will test in GC) at least som units has crossed the first bridge! Dont know what happens if they get fired on (yet)...

Hey...that's another VetMod trick you're using, Sapa!
Now all you need to do is add those soldiers who thinks that they're trucks and you're good to go! Smile

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

He he Very Happy  No way! now i will look in the team files and try to figure out the units used for XXX Corps...(it would have been nice to use QClone and BGedit now)

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

New German Grand Campaign, Line, Timer 15 minutes. Settings: all German units placed in Walkensward except 1 FJ unit in the lumbermill in the middle off the map

Changes made: Schrecken helped me change Victory Locations on Walkesward map.Removed the 4 Victory Locations (Bridge, Bridge, Crossroads and Lumbermill) Changed Walkensward village VL to 200 p.Changed in Data/Base/Battlegroup for all BG:s belonging to XXX Corps Aggression +5. Caution -5, Charisma +5, Tactics +5

Timer 1140 first Sherman at river, knocked out my single StuG

Timer 1000, Brittish Infantry attacking my unit in the lumbermill, fought them off

Timer 0811 Brittish Infantry attacking village Walkensward, the attack was repulsed

No more action during this first battle.Real big changes from before but it is not perfect..

What can i know..im just an aluminium hot roller Wink

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  191.35 KB
 Viewed:  8402 Time(s)

2.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.7 KB

3.jpg

4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.11 KB

4.jpg

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
I have been thinking about it and I think that would be fun some as the old CC2 game with the new maps, perhaps un ABTF with the new maps but only 28 maps. I have written it on my future mods list.

Hi Firefox,

JFYI: original CC2 is capable to handle up to 50 maps, 11 operations. Each Operation can have up to 5 battles (= maps), so all in all the 50 maps-limit is still the major CC2 limit.

Cheers
Mafi

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Interesting that no BG's are on full aggression in stock Data.

We had to crank the Germans up to 5 in WaR to get them to move.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

I agree, i has some effect....

must play the GC more and see what happens to the XXX Corps Wink Thanks for your help!  Very Happy

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:54 am Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Changed Battlegroup speed for all BG:s belonging to XXX Corps from 2 and 3 to 4 (Very fast)

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: AI in CCLSA Reply with quote

Return it and buy Firefight instead. It doesn't have such complex representation of weapons as CC but at least, the AI attacks every time you have to defend an objective.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: