Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:41 am Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

adjust your settings through options within the game  1440x900 (windowed) does me and i have a similar setup to you Tack

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:54 am Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

If you have a wide screen geometry, you have to set a resolution that fits that geometry.  I have a 19" wide screen display.  If I set the resolution to a standard geometry display (i.e. 1024x768, 1152x864 etc), then it gets stretched.  Howeverm if I use 1440x900 (like Southern land) it displays just fine.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

yeah ill try it,

lastly, the options screen is cut off right side, i cant turn sound up past 40% lol

espree de corp

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Maybe this little discussion about uniforms should be moved elsewhere?  But I guess it's still in line with this "nice rant" topic...this time dealing with poor research and strange design decisions in the graphics department :)

schrecken wrote (View Post):
pic

Bravo, you guys got the uniform colors right!  Rolling Eyes
Too bad you didn't notice that the panzerwrap (black) and assault-gun wrap (gray) looks a bit different from the standard M43 tunic worn by German infantry.
I guess not much research was done on the different collar patch insignia for panzer crews also Wink
Great job on the well painted pink waffenfarbe though! :D

My post about panzer crew rank graphics from last year:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7162

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Probably the last organizational wear of M42 jumpsuits in combat in WW2 was by the 504th PIR, 82nd Airborne during Market Garden (I'm already thinking of a small mod so that the 504th can wear M42 jumpsuits in LSA).

that was well understood... it was done as a nod to the feelings and preference of many AB troops.

Really?  I guess S3T have now forsaken "the feelings and preference of these AB troops"...since in LSA the AB are now forced by the devs to wear their historical uniforms  Wink

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:49 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

As for the map stretching probs...enable "keep aspect ratio" on your graphics card driver.
Check out this thread at matrix: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2524755

Peanut

Rep: 3.1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):

And, mooxe, with all respect - because I do - I still get confused by this complaint about the re-makes being "more of the same; no great innovations".  I mean, isn't that what you'd expect when S3T are doing nothing more than re-working/tinkering with the original game code?  Just what kind of expectation did everyone have? .

We have been promised better things for years and years. Yes, literal years and years. And its just been glorified mod after glorified mod with what at best can be said is only minor bells and whsitles like a modestly lareger strat map and ooooh wow... a night vision viewing limit... ooohh.. ahhhh...

Consider the price you pay for these piss poor rereleases and comapre it to most new PC or console games, its a rip. If it was a 30$ game it woudl be a much easier loud of horsehit to swallow.

3ST is a bunch of elite old fart CC modders who want to make sure they make money off what they did a far better job at for free when thier heads actually fit through the door.

Peanut

Rep: 3.1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

I play CCMT, I suppose it is a re-release, kinda. But I am not going back to CC5. That's crazy. If I go for WAR, TLD, or LSA, its to RIP some maps.  

I have so many ideas for CCMT mods I will never implement them all. The game could keep me busy for years.

There are a few bugs left, I wish Simtek/S3T hadn't lost the source code though. It would be nice to get a final patch.

Many of us have been where you are, positive and supporting these clowns and hoping our favorite game would get its due modern facelift. It wont happen, and after your the wallflower all night and nobody asks you on the CC dance floor, youll understand how most of the rest of us feel in being gyped by these developpers.

They lost the source code?? The LOST it? You mena they lost rights to work with it? Or did they actually in the 21st century msislaced the floppy disk they dept it on?  Rolling Eyes

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

I'm sure Randy had it... but he's not answering his emails.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Lost has a lot of different meanings. But I wouldn't be surprised if its kinda like what Schreck just mentioned.

Besides, its all water under the bridge at this point. Men will be men.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:58 am Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Quote:
when thier heads actually fit through the door.

Already removed my ears, so no worries.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:33 am Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Peanut?

Welcome back Sbuf   forgotten your login?   or just misspelt it?   hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaa

Two posts and they're just to hate, yet you speak like you've been around the community for years.  What a fucking troll.  At least have the balls to sign in under your own name loser

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

I found it odd (as a new member myself) that someone would just show up to bash things thing disappear.

I support the re-releases and Matrix. They are doing the best they can. I'd rather have something than nothing or say how all the new ones suck then hold up a game that is also full of its own issues. You can't have it both ways.

If you don't like don't follow it and don't bother us. I don't climb into your troll lair and shit on your couch do I?

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
I found it odd (as a new member myself) that someone would just show up to bash things thing disappear.

Not sure i follow you, but it might be what’s called ”frustration” in my language, but Im piss poor in English so u have to Google it.

I support the re-releases and Matrix.

Hmm, yeh, lucky you, now u can buy a matrix cup for 9.99$ only.

They are doing the best they can.  

Thats hard words man. But Im afraid thats true, so there is no hope then.

I'd rather have something than nothing  

With such low standards and expectation, no wonder that the "new" product is satisfying for YOU.
Does that mean your preference is universal, so when the noob Dundradal is satisfied we all have to be?

or say how all the new ones suck  

At last an accurate description.

or say how all the new ones suck then hold up a game that is also full of its own issues.

Yes, hard to get for you? I on the other hand do understand what they mean. The old games still have some issues, but we played em religiously for more than 10 years, (so the issues wasn’t that big after all).
And when ppl bough the new games they (rightly) expected the games to be an improvement.  

You can't have it both ways.

Why not, I whant was good in the old (including good map cods), and improvements in the new... But as you say:

I'd rather have something than nothing  

ugh.. with such standar and expectations...

If you don't like don't follow it and don't bother us.

Wow, Can you promise the same? Seems you in every thread telling ppl how to think, what to believe, what to support, what to expect and how to express it.  

I don't climb into your troll lair and shit on your couch do I?    

A huge laugh,

/S

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
Peanut?

Welcome back Sbuf   forgotten your login?   or just misspelt it?   hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaa

Two posts and they're just to hate, yet you speak like you've been around the community for years.  What a fucking troll.  At least have the balls to sign in under your own name loser

I dont know, but maybe that someone whanting to sound like Sbuf?
Maybe its your buddy causing trubble again Southernland, maybe its "John" aka Flamer aka Reboot from S3T / Matrix. Hes good at this stuff and pulled something like this before under different aliases.

Maybe Mooxe can give us this answer?

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

or maybe it's Stalky?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Check the profiles...........

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):

With such low standards and expectation, no wonder that the "new" product is satisfying for YOU.
Does that mean your preference is universal, so when the noob Dundradal is satisfied we all have to be?
Wow, Can you promise the same? Seems you in every thread telling ppl how to think, what to believe, what to support, what to expect and how to express it.  

noob? Simply because I just found this place. Heh.

I never said you all had to be satisfied. I just didn't understand why so many people are so hostile.

I love the fact that being positive about the future apparently wins me admirers.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Ok, this is starting to deteriorate.  That said, I guess we did start with a rant. :D

CSO_Linebacker says that their hands are tied because of some contract with Destineer.  Ok, well, when does that contract end?  Is it over now?  I want to know.  And, when the contract is over, then what happens?  The way some people have harangued S3T and Matrix, it's possible the guys will be happy to be over with it and call it quits.  Then what happens to CC?  

I'll ask the question directly to the S3T guys, "What are your plans?"  We are pretty much the only people who are going to buy the shit you make, so you might as well keep us in the loop.  You may not like the lack of enthusiasm from some, but these people are your life-blood.  Period.  And, the same goes in the opposite direction.  Some of you should consider what happens to CC if all interest and development shuts down.  You may like to bang on about how little S3T has done, and in fact state that they are sending the franchise backwards, but if they were to close the door on CC dev' tomorrow, then who know if anyone would ever open it again.

So, let's turn it around.  Instead of what we don't want, what are we all after in a new Close Combat game?  I'm sure it's all been said before, but since S3T are holding the key to our franchise, and S3T have re-made every one of the original games possible, if they intend to make another it's going to have to be something new.  I'm going to be a little unimpressed if it's not.

Don't we all feel the same?

So, what do we want from a fresh game?  Let's give S3T, at this turning point, a clear list of demands and see if they can deliver.  Wink

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

That's sort of like screaming at the girl at the check out.....

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: Nice Rant Reply with quote

Anyway... the new sneezeupon engine should just about be ready.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: