Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:31 pm Post subject: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

From Skystrike at Matrix...

Quote:
If you merge battlegroups this happens:

-you lose other battlegroup
-you will have a lesser maximum number of teams than you would with 2 BGs.
-you lose the units of the smaller BG to the forcepool.
-even an elite SS BG will merge to an reservist BG if it is smaller.
-you get no or very little points in return of the merge
-you would have to BUY back the merged teams from the force pool, with points that you dont have!

So assuming thats all true, I dont have the game yet, this new strategic feature is actually no good at all? Southern_Land, you said merging battlegroups works quite well?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

I have no idea
I merged one and haven't used it yet

but it seems I lost all my BG unit to 1 bazooka and 1 piat on the screen

But i haven't figure out yet

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

The soldiers from the merged unit ends up in the FP of the new unit, not sure about what happens to their points...  Rolling Eyes  

Personally I used merging as little as possible, but on the other hand; -Reserve units are just borrowed and then returned for half their initial cost, not really good either (from a pure gaming-viewpoint...)

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

It would depend at what point you merge them.

When both BG's are strong and healthy merging would not be a good idea.

if one Bg is depleted and verging on useless merging it into another BG can be worthwhile..... thnk late in the campaign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

if one Bg is depleted and verging on useless merging it into another BG can be worthwhile..... thnk late in the campaign.

Precisely. This would be great in TLD for integrating beaten up beach BGs into reinforcement BGs, rather than leaving them to the wolves.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Would have been be a cool new feature...too bad you can't un-merge BGs later on.

soldat

Rep: 2.4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:21 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

In most Cases, Merging is a very bad idea. When two battle group merges,the points of the merged BG just disappeared, the merging BG could have the force pool of another BG, but they cannot afford any of these units, because the points are too few.

And when an ordinary german BG encounters a static BG, it absorbs it, even the static BG have a lot of points in active roster.

Troger

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Shouldn't the player be the one to choose what merges and what doesn't?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

The player get's to choose if he wants to merge battle groups.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

But Static BG's are required to merge with mobile BG's.

So you have to drive around the Static BG if you don't want it to be merged.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Nope i said the ability to have two BGs co-existing on a map, and strike out in different derections, or one leaving, the other defend was good.

I only merged a couple of nearly spent Para BG's which worked fine.  Lets face it, whats the point of merging fully active units?

Troger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:27 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Is that a response to what I wrote? If so, maybe I didn't make myself clear:

Shouldn't the player be able to choose what units merge into the final bg?

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Then don't use it.

waaaaaa

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Quote:
Shouldn't the player be able to choose what units merge?

hey you should have full control of your BG make up as well... make up your own teams.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:05 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

even decide what weapon each man carries... and his armour etc...

oh wait you're not in the marines .. so you miss out

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
I can't believe you guys left it to be done automatically, shows incredible shortsightedness. Why wouldn't that be something the player controls? You've practically made the feature worthless.

He's right

Troger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:13 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
hey you should have full control of your BG make up as well... make up your own teams.

even decide what weapon each man carries... and his armour etc...

oh wait you're not in the marines .. so you miss out

Youched a nerve did I? Sorry I have to call out the junk you're apparently paid to market and defend (troll) on forums.

I know it's hard to imagine the fantasy world were commanders moved pieces of a division, or a piece of a regiment, or a piece of a battalion or pieces of several battalions, companies, regiments from a several divisions and made them into a battlegroup.

If I remember correctly the Germans did that quite a bit and even had a name for it, kampfgruppe: battlegroup? couldn't be!

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 am Post subject: Re: Is merging battlegroups really any good? Reply with quote

You are correct, user options abound.

"Battlegroups" in  LSA represent many if not most of those formations you list... gve it a try you'll love it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: