Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Author
Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:18 am Post subject: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Reply with quote

That reminds me...is there a simple walk-through on converting CC5 classic (and TLD) maps to COI???

IIRC, the btd was discarded, the elements was re-coded (to the COI elements file), and the LOS was reworked. Not much else to do.  Am I right???

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:47 am Post subject: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Reply with quote

Uberdave wrote (View Post):
That reminds me...is there a simple walk-through on converting CC5 classic (and TLD) maps to COI???

IIRC, the btd was discarded, the elements was re-coded (to the COI elements file), and the LOS was reworked. Not much else to do.  Am I right???

Yes, discard the .btd, recode the .txt and generate a new .los
Mafi's 5CC map tool makes converting CC5 maps to COI a snap.
The simple walk-thru:
a) Open a CC5 map in 5CC
b) Set your elements table to COI. Use the 5CC COI version in the included TerrainElementsTables folder.

c) Use Data Bulk Replacement to recode the CC5 map for COI as shown below. The CC5 to COI translation table is included in the ElementsTranslationTables folder.

d) Generate a new .los file

e) Export the new .los file

f) Export the new .txt file

g) Copy the original CC5 .bgm, rfm, .ovm, .mmm files, and the new .los and .txt files to COI/Maps

5CC doesnt have a TLD to COI elements translation table. However, creating one using an existing translation table as a template is relatively easy if somewhat tedious. TLD has 358 elements (not all of which are actually used) where COI only has 261 so some compromises may be required in setting up a translation table for TLD maps to be recoded.

Uberdave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Reply with quote

Awesome, simple and easy to the point.

My only challenge will be negotiating the modded elements files, as I'm porting some of the Afrika and Ebro maps to COI for side projects.

Good to see you are still alive in the community, mick!

Uberdave/Overman

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:05 am Post subject: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Reply with quote

Happy to help UD. Been away from CC for a few years and this might be my 3rd or 4th different user profile over the years on ccs.net. News of Matrix's (Steve The Blood McClaire) 'The Bloody First' and Tackom's (Shaun Sulla Wallace) Art of Combat attempts at refreshing CC in 3D mode got my CC juices flowing again so I fired up LSA (the pinnacle of the series IMO) and loaded the GJS 7.3 mod. Sadly, TBF development appears to be stagnating and, while AoC shows promise, Im not totally sold on 3D if its not state of the art.

Uberdave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Reply with quote

I hear you.  For some reason I thought TBF was the same project as AoC. LSA is the most evolved of the series, though I haven't played GtC yet.  I wasn't impressed with Pitf.  

I'm hopeful about the 3D engine, but I share your skepticism...especially about the isometric / top down / zoom in nuances.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Jump to: