Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 am Post subject: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

Recently I have re-installed CoI for the new patch.

I have also downloaded the Commonweath Summer mod and mappack.

However the Normandy campaign doesn't start and even the operation D-Day Juno. When loading the first map the game crashes to desktop.

Should there be something wrong in the beach maps? I couldn't even manage to see the thumbnail of the first map...

Something about GD2. The map Elnya isn't included in the map pack and you need to pick it up in the CoI map repository.

However great game as always.

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:20 am Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

A new map pack patch has been uploaded which fixes a couple of corrupt map files that were causing the crash

Download from here:

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

1. Install the plugin

2. Install the mappack

3. Install the mappack plugin overwriting existing files.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:42 am Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

Thank you Shrecken!

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 am Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

OK, thank you very much!  :D

I have still some questions to ask:

What about the original CoI operations with references to "British 1944" and "DDay + __"? Are they wad or something?

And what is it the WF campain in CS plugin for? It doesn't work and when I click on it the games crashes to desktop looking for cc3...

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:13 am Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

just played a few Operations and they seem to be working fine... still love that villiers Bocage scenario as Wittman.

What Wf campaign?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

What Wf campaign?

I have confused the name of the campaing with the description: "Stemming the Tide" (a CoI campaign) has the description "Western Front UK"
Clicking on it you have a CTD (Just a single click in order to see which maps are used)
Coudn't those descriptions be changed as not to confuse the player when clicking them?

About the operations, is there a way to sort the CS ones from the CoI stock ones?
The descriptions of CS operations are ok but the dates are confusing, even the CoI operations have the "DDay +" and CS operations are listed among the CoI ones...

As we are here I would also know if there is a way to solve a bug in the mod "From Ardennes to Hurtgen". I have extract both (ardennes and WF) plugins into the CC folder and all the needed maps.
Why does the modswap tell me that the maps used by this submod are missing even if they were correctly extracted in their folder?

Is something concerning their file names? choo instead of choomap, kallrivr instead of kallrvr and fuldagap instead of fulda gap? That's about them.

Last edited by Bordic on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

just played a few Operations and they seem to be working fine... still love that villiers Bocage scenario as Wittman.

Just clicked on the map screen button of the first Normandy Campaing map or D-Day Juno Operation Map and a window pops up signalling a Close Combat error: Rectangle provided was invalid... CTD.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

That's a standard CC error message

The smallest screen resolution in CC3/CoI are 800*600. If you try to play with a smaller map, or set up the resolution to more than the map you
want to play, you get "INVALID RECTANGLE ERROR" and the game will crash, boom, bang...
I think the smallest map in CC3 must be 840*600.

So , try lowering your screen resolution and see if that works.

Bordic, where did you get your plugin?

I just installed and didn't get the error messages regarding maps missing... I'll double check that though as it is just a spelling check.

And no sorting possible

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

I'll check the "Western Front UK"  scenario.

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

That's a standard CC error message

The smallest screen resolution in CC3/CoI are 800*600. If you try to play with a smaller map, or set up the resolution to more than the map you
want to play, you get "INVALID RECTANGLE ERROR" and the game will crash, boom, bang...
I think the smallest map in CC3 must be 840*600.

So , try lowering your screen resolution and see if that works.

Yes, I am using a 1280x800 resolution... but even with 800x600 I cannot have the "beach map screens" correctly displayed. Invalid rectangle error for both D-Day Juno Operation and Normandy Campaign. Well, I can always play with those maps but I cannot study those maps in order to make my battle roster accordingly.

Bordic, where did you get your plugin?

I just installed and didn't get the error messages regarding maps missing... I'll double check that though as it is just a spelling check.

And no sorting possible

I have downloaded all plugins and maps from the dedicated CoI internet page.

About the error message I am talking about the "ardennes to hurtgen" plugin: the WF submod.

However even if the modswap tells me they are missing I can start the campaign with the first map in Losheim. The first campaign operation seems to work.

"No sorting possible" means that you need to know first about the operations/campaigns you can play, just from the plugin readme file, is it?

Last edited by Bordic on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

Quote:
No sorting possible" means that you need to know first about the operations/campaigns you can play, just from the plugin readme file, is it?

or use educated guess and trial and error

Quote:
I cannot study those maps in order to make my battle rooster accordingly.

you will have  look at the little map before the scenario begins

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

Quote:
About the error message I am talking about the "ardennes to hurtgen" plugin: the WF submod.

However even if the modswap tells me they are missing I can start the campaign with the first map in Losheim. The first campaign operation seems to work.

All the maps for the first operation Ardenne to hurtgen are installed when you installl the plugin.

Have you installed the mappack for Ardenne to hurtgen?

it is possible that a spelling error will throw up that error message,  in this case it can be ignored.

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Summer Campaign Reply with quote

All the maps for the first operation Ardenne to hurtgen are installed when you installl the plugin.

Have you installed the mappack for Ardenne to hurtgen?

it is possible that a spelling error will throw up that error message,  in this case it can be ignored.

Yes, I have installed both plugin and mappack. I have thought about a spelling error in mod.ini checking the map names. So if it doesn't ruin the game it's ok as it is.

About "Stemming the Tide, Western Front UK" have you found out a solution to solve the CTD? Or do I have just to avoid clicking on it?  Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: