Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Mooxe... this was ported to WaR with permission from david  Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Here's what I am thinking. Do I add it to CCS? I am thinking not because the original will move on past 1.6 and the WaR version will lag behind or not get updated at all. Theres tons of CC downloads, where is the line drawn as to how many converted mods get hosted? Too many converted mods becomes a problem with version numbers and bugs and 3rd parties actually doing the conversions. Is this way of doing things sustainable? Or will it end up just polluting the downloads area?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

all owners of WaR that haven't bought tLD would say add it to CCs

much as Winter War is on cc4 and Cc5  or dieppe cc2 and cc3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Wait untill WAR gets patched again.
Look at Firefox's AAO Mod that will not work with the last patch.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

you're out of step michael.

This has been upgraded to patch status.

Firefox has not upgraded his mod.... maybe you should ask him to do it?

Also Bloody Omaha has been upgraded to patch status.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

I understand the Mod works now with the current patch.
But what happens to the Mods if WAR gets another patch?
That's where I'm going.

Not gonna ask Firefox to upgrade his mod,mine is coming along nicely minus the Air Support problem.
Until now it never really bothered me to download,re-download,re-re-download Mods.
But now that I am forced to have limited downloads and dial-up connections it really pisses me off to have to download another 450MB.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:55 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

You seem to be stating a case for an upgrade patch then - a smaller download that will update your mod.

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

small problem  Confused
DL Ground Tactics and got this...........
invalidnumber of entries in file matrix games\W A R \GROUND TACTICS\DATA\BASE\VEHICLES.TXT.
???????????

DOH!

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Are you running the Patch 4.5.10b for WaR?

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

if i run that patch i cant run the other mods?

DOH!

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
all owners of WaR that haven't bought tLD would say add it to CCs

much as Winter War is on cc4 and Cc5  or dieppe cc2 and cc3

Yes. But those mods are finalized and so are the CC versions they run on. I think I'll discontinue adding any conversions until the patches are sorted out and mods are finalized.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

so GT for tlD will be removed?

Utah for tLD

Nutz

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

No, GT was originally meant for TLD. I wont be adding any new conversion mods until the platform they are meant for is done patching.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

You have Utah Contentin for tLD and WaR

it  was originally made for WaR

tLD hasn't finished being patched.

you are not hosting Bloody Omaha for WaR which it was made for.

Arbitrary and nonsensical decisions going on mooxe... what's up?

Sure you don't work for S3T?

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

hmmm...

maybe membership here should be made private.

Then only mods you play mooxe would need to be hosted.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

GT 1.6 is already hosted at Matrix ... so it doesn't really matter if it's hosted here.

Besides that ... Close Combat is an unusually complicated game regarding update patches and mods. This is obviously due to the many versions that have been produced and the feature improvements which have evolved with each progression.
You would think the best solution would be to have all mods eventually function on one final version on CC, but since some mods were made with earlier versions ... they are not compatible with features on the latest version, and require much effort to have them made compatible.
Add to this the ongoing release of patches ... which require most mods to be updated, even for the version they were created for.
Nevertheless, it seems work is being done to get as many mods available ... running on different versions. You could argue, this is preferable for people who have bought these CC titles.
There is confusion and problems sorting out what works with what ... and what mods will get updated to the latest patch. Some will obviously only work on certain patch versions, due to mod creators who don't update their mods to the latest patch.

Although this may seem frustrating, time consuming and somewhat complicated to keep organized and up to date ... there are new game models that follow a constant update process similar to what is happening in some CC mods and CC patches ... but of course with much more ease and efficiency.
Take Iracing for example ... they have an update every few months which requires all users to update their software. The game is constantly being improved with better features and content. This allows developers to get their playable (but unfinished software) out to players who look forward to the next update. This puts money in their pocket, which is used to advance their product and gain more customers. The alternative would be to wait for years for a completed version to be released ... which in some cases would never happen, due to the huge cost of development while no money is coming in.

So I don't think it's a bad idea to release mods in stages and/or keep updating CC versions ... as long as things get better, and there is continued interest in the game.

Last edited by davidssfx on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Thanks davidssfx

This is a very similar model that was going to be followed from WaR onward.

The plan was to eventually have one CC with different options activated depending on what version you purchased... all options being available to modders and allowing all mods to be interoperable.

This has, obviously, changed whether by plan or by accident.

But the latest innovations and mods deserve to be made available where possible to fans of the game.... the dogs breakfast of broken releases as well as patches/beta patches and updates over the last 18 months that are as likely to break the game as move it forward (WaR  - broken maps, tLD broken German strat AI), no withstanding.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:13 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Mods converted from one re-release to the next will not be hosted until 1 - the mod is finalized for the original platform and converted to a 2 - a finalized CC platform. Adding all the conversion mods before platforms and mods are finalized only pollutes the downloads, makes more work, makes people restart campaigns and confuses the hell out of people.

This thread is a great example of confusion. Bloody Omaha originally made for CC5. Now converted to WaR and TLD. The TLD version is here but shrecken is saying, "you are not hosting Bloody Omaha for WaR which it was made for." A converted mod can't be paltform specific it its converted to two platforms or more. So now Bloody Omaha is a mod originally made for CC5, converted to WaR first, then converted to TLD? And now theres a beta patch for WaR version of Bloody Omaha for people using the WaR beta patch, in effect, two versions of BO, one for each version of WaR. There is also a patch coming out for TLD. Is anyone confused, will anyone get confused? I am not saying other people can't or even recommending other people not host them. This message is just FYI to all the users out there that CCS is only going to host finalized conversion mods.

Converting these mods to every CC platform will not generate any type of sustainable interest in playing the rereleases. ---because--- The beta versions and constant updating of the conversion mods will only confuse them. Think of a new person, going to a website where there are even just a couple versions of one product, will they be turned away or engaged by what they have to learn?  WaR, TLD and LSA have the best way to installing mods. It was finally made wayyyy easier and now understanding what you install may be getting more complicated!

Mod released or updated for thier original platforms will always be maintained here.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:23 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

tLD is in beta patch so it is not finalized and yet you are hosting mods that are not finalized.

So what is your arguiment again?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:44 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Summary for anyone reading.

No more conversion mods to this website until the mod and platform are finalized.

Any conversion mods already added are grandfathered in, Der Fuhrers new rule will not apply to them.

To download mods which were originally made for Invasion Normandy and converted to the original version of WaR and the patched beta version as well as TLD and its patched beta version and probably LSA after its patched, go to http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/. You can also download mods which were created for the rereleases (known as zombies from here on) and then converted to other zombies and their beta patched versions. Good luck!

Last edited by mooxe on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: