Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:56 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

LOL

I love it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:56 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Why not spend your time completely upgrading and fixing the re-releases BEFORE spending your time on converting mods.

B.O. and Firefox's AAO Mods for WAR were perfect examples of how it becomes too confusing and very discouraging to have to constantly upgrade/download.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

I suggest that you include a "warning note" about compatibility issues and what versions they were originally made for for those converted mods, Shreckie...
Also...isn't there a way to have separate mod installers for just the mod maps and mod data?
I hate downloading twice the same 300-400MB worth of BO maps...just so that I can try both the WAR and TLD versions  Rolling Eyes
Actually...I already have those BO maps from the CC5 mod...I only need the updated BTDs for WAR/TLD.

Last edited by squadleader_id on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

It is your site Mooxe...

It is too bad the re-releases have taken so long to get to where they are but they are still the best versions of CC to play Bloody Omaha on now regardless if it is on a beta patch version or not....

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
It is your site Mooxe...

It is too bad the re-releases have taken so long to get to where they are but they are still the best versions of CC to play Bloody Omaha on now regardless if it is on a beta patch version or not....

I disagree!
I prefer to play BO (or any CC4-CC5 mod) for CC5 with the glorious full screen menus  Wink
Also the CC5 "difflevel registry edit" brings the AI and gameplay very close to WAR/TLD anyways...the only major thing missing are night battles.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:56 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not spend your time completely upgrading and fixing the re-releases BEFORE spending your time on converting mods.

why don't you instead of crying all the time?

BTW... I have already spent time doing this and Patches that didn't break the game have been ready since April 2009... S3T/Matrix said they are not interested.

Last edited by schrecken on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Quote:
Also...isn't there a way to have separate mod installers for just the mod maps and mod data?

there could be if somebody asked for them.

There's a great project for you... I've done the hard work, you're part will be easy.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Quote:
B.O. and Firefox's AAO Mods for WAR were perfect examples of how it becomes too confusing and very discouraging to have to constantly upgrade/download.

Couldn't be much simpler.

Just ask yourself ... "Have I installed the 4.5.10b patch for WaR.

Answer = YES

Download and Install your choice of

Bloody Omaha 10b BETA patch version

Ground Tactics Mod for WaR

Answer = No

Download and install your choice of

Utah-Cotentin
Bloody Omaha
nutz
Less Panthers
Locked BG's
A Bridge too far
Ardennes Offensive VetBoB

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:11 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

I believe Nutz and Less Panthers can easily be upgraded by simply expanding the fpools.txt to 25 placeholder slots.

Bloody Omaha and Ground tactics took less than an hour to convert to the updated 4.5.10b patch from stock WaR as they also needed some graphics changes.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:51 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:

why don't you instead of crying all the time?

Your the one who put yourself in this position,not me.
I've done more than my fair share of reporting bugs for WAR.

Why don't you you guys stop with the Attention Deficit Disorder of producing crap and all get on the same page.
You got 3 games that play like crap,and now you want to include the Mods with them.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:39 am Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

I can agree with the general sentiment... but I don't like being lumped in to the"you guys" basket.

"They" won't listen to me, hence the dog's breakfast... nyuk nyuk nyuk

All, i can do is spend what time I have on keep quality mods rollin on irrespective of the underlying game base.

My hope is that one day a management shakeup will sort things out.... as I said two years ago there was a plan... since then, IMHO, a balls up.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Well I'm sorry Schrecken but you do fall in the category of "you guys" .
You don't see anyone else replying to the re-releases from the core of people working on it,with the exception of tejszd (sometimes)
And unfortunately right or wrong,he too falls in that category.I believe he is sometimes better recieved because he does take a consumers side a little bit more often then you.

Crap may be a hard word to use,but after awhile there's no other way to describe it.
I don't see any member from Matrix posting on the WAR forums.
I don't see anyone from Matrix keeping people up to date with patch's.
And I don't see anyone from Matrix replying here at CCS,this is the largest fan site for CC.

It's You and You,therefore You get to bear the weight of our unhappiness.

I see no reason to expect people to download a converted Mod,only to have to re-download it again.
Unless you can find a way to make the update easily to download and install,AND keep the forums simple and easy to find when a Mod is updated.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see any member from Matrix posting on the WAR forums.

I can't help that.

Quote:
I see no reason to expect people to download a converted Mod,only to have to re-download it again.

i don't expect anyone to do anything... except whine

Last edited by schrecken on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Although schrecken can't control the quality of releases and/or patches ... he is making more content available to more versions.
Depends what you want ... less on your plate or more, more variety or less?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

Can't understand the resistance to having a check box for the menu screens to be full or partial myself either squadleader_id Rolling Eyes

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

It would be nice to get TLD/WAR to a final stable state. I have been playing Meuse mod myself on both for a long time but have held off releasing anything since there seems to always be one more patch around the corner.

On the positive side though each patch has fixed more than it has broke (though why anything got broken bugs me too). On top of that the last WAR patch made it possible for a mod to be written that runs on both WAR and TLD which is a huge win as we didn't WAR to get left behind like CC4 did when CC5 came out.

Plus there might be a chance to get the LSA path finding changes in TLD/WAR which if done right should be a big step and one I would accept another round of patches for WAR/TLD to get.... Do you want another patch to get that? You can't have it both ways? They could remain buggy like CC5 and not get new features or they can continue to get patches? What do people want???

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
The Ground Tactics mod for WaR is an attempt to better simulate military tactics used by ground forces in Normandy.

Get it here:   http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

Dead link. Theres another link to download?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: