Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:10 pm Post subject: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Hi there!
Well, I have a problem with the game realism, the problem is the following.
I and my friends play CC since CC2, so we all are veterans, we all make few mistakes.
Now:in ANY grand champain, both me and my friends using the allies, the XXX corp is always able to take all main bridges along the way, capture Nijmegen without river crossing, reach Ahrnem without resistence alond the way; and more, following orders write on maps, the english 1st corp will wait until the second drop, and the german forces entering from west found themself cutted-out, no ammo no fuel, and are easly disbanded by english forces.
Then: the day 20, armored corps are after nijmegen, english forces hold strongly their positions with few losses (why the hell shoul they move to arnhem and take the bridge? It would be worst, because at the arriving of the XXX corp it would be already mined ane ready to blow, while in this way the XXX corp has long time to take it harmless); sometime after the XXX corp reaches ahrnem, conquest the bridge, wins the campaign, long before the arrival of the useless tiger 2 (scorted by ersaz?!?!?!).
Now: where the hell is the 9 and 10 SS panzerdivision?
How the hell is poissible to hold the XXX corp for... NINE DAYS?????
I repeat; always the same story; we all are veterans, we play hundred of strategic-tactical games from a life, but playing we both side it is impossible to stop Market-Garden.
Where are panzers IV?
Where are panthers?
Where are seriuos granadiers?
Why should the english airborn attack Ahrnem?
How keep the XXX for 9 days out of way?
How to attack with only divisions of 6 ersaz groups?
Why play the useless maps on the east against the 82?

By the way: same identical problem with CC TLD, the german is ALWAYS "worst than historical counterpart", but usually it kepts safe Pegasus bridge, all the arty positions, pushes back the rangers, holds some beaches until the second land, ecc... is it possible that in a such realistic game there are such huge force errors?
Thanks for the pacience, waiting for your opinion.
Bye!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Because no one tested the campaign
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

I decided, after reading accounts here and some other sites, that I won't purchase LSA. Seems non sense spending 40US$ just to "discover" that ABTF is the best game of the series!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

LSA will be the game that lives on, it's feature set will ensure that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
LSA will be the game that lives on, it's feature set will ensure that.

Well that sounds like a call to arms to me.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:42 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Well, TLD became playable after 1-2 (?) years and couple of patches ...
So let's just wait for 1-2 years and see Smile.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:29 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Well, TLD became playable after 1-2 (?) years and couple of patches ...
So let's just wait for 1-2 years and see Smile.

I hope to see something different in one or 2 years! Wink

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

zcharles wrote (View Post):
[...] 9 and 10 SS panzerdivision?
How the hell is poissible to hold the XXX corp for... NINE DAYS?????
I repeat; always the same story; we all are veterans, we play hundred of strategic-tactical games from a life, but playing we both side it is impossible to stop Market-Garden.
Where are panzers IV?
Where are panthers?[....]
Bye!

I fully agree!!
We have the same problem. We stopped the grand campaign as its boring as hell. I find this game the best so far due its features, but the one who made the grand campaign was either a noob or didnt have time to make it. Im not even saying about testing...
Sorry mate, but you have created a campaign that is COMPLETLY unplayable. And I think ahistorical. The worst thing allies can do is to do anything. Their only job should be just wait fro armour. Taking bridges? WHY!? the worst thing they can do is to assualt at bridge. Wait until tanks arrive. Moving Paras from the western border in Nijmegen sector? WHY!? Let them stay and disband those poor german bastards once they appear on map.
German BGs are a joke. No morale, no exp. I know that there werent elite troops, but they are next to useless. Where are any AT weapons for Germans?
I didnt complain that much on the previous versiom as at least it was historical. But here = Germans have NO CHANCE of wining this campaign.

So. We deicded to make our own campaign and our own BGs etc - but we wait for the bloody patch. Right now, the game is unplayable.

Once the patch arrives it will the best game of the series (with mods of course) but so far... Im waiting for Civilization V Smile

WillKnott

Rep: 41.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:17 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Agreed the stock GC is fairly easy, but I also havent played H2H yet.  But mods will come and fix that.

One thing I would like to comment on is that some of the new features of the strategic side are one that I felt CC needed all along.

Multiple BG's, Merging could be helpful in an h2h game as a weaker BG can be used to reinforce a stronger BG that might have been a little depleted.

I especially like the BG retreat rules, no more instant disbanding if the BG can 'retreat' to an owned territory it will do so.  Disbands only occur if there is no place to go.  Been wanting that for a long time always hated they disappeared for some time and then showed up far into the rear.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

OUR YOU GUYS SERIOUS....NO ONE PLAY TESTED THE GC?? jesus.

i think the GC blows if you play against the AI......the AI as german will not change the active roster troops even if it has point to do so.
playing H2H is the only way to go.
i havent played the GC yet h2h but am going to start one soon.[ played lots of ops ] but all the posts ive read here and at matrix tell the same story..........the german BG's suck and theres no german tanks. well the tanks are there, but no points to get them as far as i can tell. i believe you have to play the germans on green or recruit to get the points so you can get the tanks and support equipment. thats what im going to do.

has anyone merged the 506 PZT ABT with another BG to see what happens? do you lose all the 506 BG's unit points in the next turn after the merge? or do they get added to the new BG each turn after??

IMO this game has great potential but as usual we wait for a damn patch and then we'll find out theres more stuff to fix  Evil or Very Mad  we need some one to mod it asap and get some realistic german bg's in there. whats with the matrix guys anyways??? WAR,TLD and now LSA...the BG's are not realistic to the history. they have the GJS data and they still cant get that right either.
i played an op the other nite with the 506 king tigers.........i had 3...they lasted less than 5 mins...a firefly took them all out with one shot one kill at 5oo m +- ....... somethings wrong here.

i love CC but my god my patience is wearing thin......TLD is a bore........germans have nothing to work with and now we wait for a patch for LSA.........

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

zcharles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

I've already done a sub-mod for LSA, if you want i can upload it, with some help from admins.
Changes I made:
-German BG entering from west against 82 much more powerful.
-German BG entering north after the first days much more powerful.
-German SS squad composition changed in better.
-German FJ squad composition changed in better.
-German and allied experience adjusted.
-Many weapon sounds changed (taken from other mods).
-Many weapons data changed after the new sounds (many old were wrong too, example: bren shooting 5 in sound, in game shots only 3 shells-adjusted, sten with a too high Time of Fire-adjusted, and many others) and changes in general (example: in LSA they change the Pzshk from 250 meters to 150 meters... adjusted to 200 meters)
-Gran champaign adjusted removing the dropzones to ally; now it has 8 ammo-drop per day, slowly decreasing to 7, 6 down to 0.
-Gran champaign supports adjusted with many more airstrikes.
-Changed soldier size using another sub-mod.

Already tested: NOW it can be played, and NOW is fun for BOTH players; if the admins wants me to send it to the site, pleasy tell me how to do it.
See you soon, and keep shooting!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

sounds good to me. let us know if it gets posted will you.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Nice changes above, Yea this game is way too unbalanced in favor of the allies IMO and there needs to be some adjustment to give the germans more of a chance and make it harder for the Allies to keep the corridor open as it was historically

In addition to above I have a couple of suggestions

It seems like the 30th Corp reinforcements come in way to quick, may balance out better if these were more delayed to represent the problems the Allies had trying to move everything up the one road

Also the 107th Pnz  is the most capable group as far as Units/Force Pool of posing a threat in the south, however the map that the 107th Pnz Brigade appears on should be a German Supply Point, as is currently If Im playing Allies in H2H, im am going to send an US AB group down to take their supply point at the first Map to the north so when the 107th appears on the map they will automatically be out of supply. It doesnt make sense how its currently set up. Also, it seems like the 107th Pnz brigade should maybe be split into two BGs so that they have a BG to protect their supply point. As is currently if they try to cut the corridor with only one group from that side they are going to get cut out of supply.

also, I think Disbanded German BGS should be able to return

zcharles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

I've already placed the 107 in full supply; all german entry maps are now supply maps for GE.
Abot the re-enter of disbanded BG; there's no need about it because all disbanded units are absorbed by near BG's and increase its strenght and its points. The true problem are the bugs that make this work really really bad...
About the XXX corps supply, true, they were in serious problems and should be setted in "medium supply", but i don0t want to change too much the force balance...; for this reason anyway i set the para BG's out of fuel, they can be supplyed only by supply drop, and how you know, in this gameif you drop a supply in a map where there is also en enemy BG, you get only half of it...

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

I'd really appreciate it if you'd upload your mod. If you upload it to a temporary site Mooxe can download it and upload it here. Does anyone know if Gameranger supports Matrix rerelease mods yet?

zcharles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:37 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

ok, i'll try to do it today.

zcharles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Here it is!
I apologize for being 5 days late... hehe.
Hope you'll appreciate it.
It should work perfectly with patches too, not tested, but is just a couple of files.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HBwokvIm/H2H.html

Gerwin

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Thanks a lot zcharles,
I tried the Hell's Highway Campaign with your mod and it it was fun.
Not sure if it was possible before, but I was now able to support one infantry group with a marder III and another With Panzer III.
The new sounds are an improvement as well.

Beware though that since the last patch your mod misses one column in the elements file, without that column the game cannot start.

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

I only got this game recently, and so far I am getting the feel of it, by playing the GC vs AI as the Kraut. I only manged to finishthe day one so far, so the following gaming might have some influence, but man...

I blew up like nearly all bridges, leaving just those that I need to keep me a supply-reinforcements route. Killed a shitload of enemy (AI sux huge), stalled the XXX at Valkenswaard throughtout the day 1, built me a wall of steel west of Arnhem, and John Frost bridge will never be...

Basically, the OMG is over. And the freakin computer tells me that I am doing worse than my historical counterparts! How so damit!?? Their chances for success reduced for some 90%...

zcharles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA realism Reply with quote

Nonsense to play against AI.
Yes, you will ALWAYS do worst than your conterpart... it's not very confortable...
I'm happy you appreciate this little submod, gerwin; the last patch is the last beta patch, or it is ready the definitive patch? If you mean the beta, yes, I didn't installed it, sorry. I'm just waiting the definitive. Meanwhile, i've found a CD with the War In the Pacific game (always matrix, 2004); really great game, so now CC is not my first priority, and more I've to start again with my warhammer 40k champaign.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: