Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 am Post subject: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

It is probably buried here somewhere or at the matrix forum, but how do you do these things?
If I even tries to touch a squad, for eg. adding a sniper into the Fallschirmjäger (MG) squad, I get an error message pointing directly to the new squad and the new soldier. As for vehicles I don't evern dare...
How to add new vehicles graphics, new guns and so on AND how many moe vehicles and squads can you add to the already existing ones?

Is it possible to use CC5 graphics to this?

"CC for ever"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:25 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Modding LSA data and graphics is basically not much different to modding CC5...except the old tools don't work anymore...and the devs and Matrix claims that the game is much easier to mod than ever.  So easy to mod that the workbook for proper LSA modding is "still in the works" 2 months after release!  Rolling Eyes

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

karlmortar wrote (View Post):
It is probably buried here somewhere or at the matrix forum, but how do you do these things?
If I even tries to touch a squad, for eg. adding a sniper into the Fallschirmjäger (MG) squad, I get an error message pointing directly to the new squad and the new soldier. As for vehicles I don't evern dare...
How to add new vehicles graphics, new guns and so on AND how many moe vehicles and squads can you add to the already existing ones?

Rememeber that the workbook for TLD cannot be used directly in LSA - they removed unused columns so you must do the same.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Hoogly have been looking at the numbers, and apart from BG's, BO's  and maps (a maximum of 64 of each) there seems to be no top limit.

But (sadly) the data from previous games can't be used with LSA, since there is fundamental changes in the system. (I'm right here, ain't I? I'm sure there is someone with a better insight in this subject out there...)  Rolling Eyes

-But I appreciate your attempt a will to create a more historical correct game, looking forward to the result.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

zon

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

In a flagrant and gross example of self-promotion, I wonder if you have tried the Metal Mod here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LSA/LSAmods.html

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:32 am Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Quote:
In a flagrant and gross example of self-promotion, I wonder if you have tried the Metal Mod here

Selfpromotion? Where? Wink

I tried yor mod but didn't get it to work, perhaps because I had modified the graphics file?

By the way: I have added my first two vehicles: the FlaK Panzer IV Möbelwagen and Sd.Kfz 251/21 Drilling
Check them out in my other topic.

One small problem though: The turret for the drilling is misplaced, offset to the right and to far forward. How do you correct that?

Also this problem shows up when starting the game, it doesn't like one of the crew for Drilling, but I can press unbug and play on.

Error.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.82 KB
 Viewed:  10353 Time(s)

Error.jpg

"CC for ever"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Is it possibly to add more vehicles, squads and BGs to LSA at all?

"CC for ever"

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Yes, you should be able to add new/more teams....

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

How is debug available publicly?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

karlmortar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:30 am Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Quote:

Not sure what you mean, schrecken.

Anyhow, the bug has been fixed, the turret for the drilling is in the right spot and everything works fine now.

Aslo it looks like you can't add any more squads. When I make a new one (no. 171 in Axs file) it shows up in the selected force pool, but its text is corrupted and looks like squares, triangles and question marks and so on. When I select it the game CtD.

"CC for ever"

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:52 am Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Quote:

Not sure what you mean, schrecken.

Anyhow, the bug has been fixed, the turret for the drilling is in the right spot and everything works fine now.

Aslo it looks like you can't add any more squads. When I make a new one (no. 171 in Axs file) it shows up in the selected force pool, but its text is corrupted and looks like squares, triangles and question marks and so on. When I select it the game CtD.

You can add more teams...way beyond 171.
When you add a new team...make sure you also edit the top line of the teams file.
For AxsTeams.txt...if you add 1 squad...edit the top line from 171 to 172.
If you add more teams...edit the top line accordingly.

Also when you add new teams...they won't show up in the game...you will have to add them to the FPools.txt first.

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

So indeed I COULD! Shocked
Thanks for explaining how it works, but one question:
How does it work when editing the Als file? They end at 122 i think and it continues as 123 in the axs file, how do i number the allied teams without sharing numbers with the germans? Question

"CC for ever"

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

Are you using triarius's tool?

Study the TLD and CC5 workbook...that should explain a lot of things for you.
Too bad the LSA workbook is still MIA even after the latest beta patch came out :(

For now...you can use the TLD workbook as a template/base to work on LSA data.

karlmortar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:17 am Post subject: Re: Editing LSA: New Vehicles, edit squads Reply with quote

I'll try it out right away! Very Happy

I tried to use triarius's excel tool but my Excel was to OLD to be used with it! Crying or Very sad

"CC for ever"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: