Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 pm Post subject: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

For the few who might be interested...

GJS is getting a small overhaul and is now working in tLD.  With a little more spit, polish, and tinkering I may have a beta for uploading/testing soon. It plays MUCH better than in CCV.

Why not for LSA?  Well, LSA has a lot of new features which would essentially require a whole new GJS --the mod was not designed for so many battle/turns, static BGs, stacking of BGs, etc. --would require major renovation.  Starting with something doable.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Awesome news Cathartes!

Meuse is in a similar spot and would benefit from LSA features but the amount of work of moving to it is more than I can put in now....

One benefit of TLD and or WAR is that mods can now be made to work on both because of the last round of updates....

Can you PM your estimated date? Might have to release Meuse first as GJS is seen as one of the best mods....

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

I still play TLD, although it seems fewer and fewer people do. Hopefully these mods being ported over will stimulate some interest. Thanks for your efforts!

schrecken

Rep: 195

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you PM your estimated date? Might have to release Meuse first as GJS is seen as one of the best mods....

LOL...

Cat your putting Tejszd under pressure!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Whats going to be different in the TLD GJS in terms of vehicle and troop data?

I would say the gameplay will be a complete turn around. Mainly because of the disband penalties and supply rules all in effect (and most people will not play with morale on btw). To know if this turn around is good would require the GC to be tested and changed if it needs to be. Lets not rush to any GJS is better because its on TLD conclusions without looking into it.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

yeh... I've always loved the end of Battle crashes on CCV/GJS... it would spoil it if you could play properly and supply rules worked correctly and The paras landed at night and you could play in a window and they will never make anything as good as my Ford Pinto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
For the few who might be interested...

GJS is getting a small overhaul and is now working in tLD.  With a little more spit, polish, and tinkering I may have a beta for uploading/testing soon. It plays MUCH better than in CCV.

Why not for LSA?  Well, LSA has a lot of new features which would essentially require a whole new GJS --the mod was not designed for so many battle/turns, static BGs, stacking of BGs, etc. --would require major renovation.  Starting with something doable.

Great news! ... really looking forward to it.

Thanks Cathartes Smile

Last edited by davidssfx on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 pm Post subject: My body is ready Reply with quote

Oh wow this got me pretty excited as GJS is my favorite mod, what CC5 should have been IMO. Got some stuff I would like to share/ask:

For one, I hope that reinforcements are working properly now, with TLD it is now not necessary to have the FP full since the beginning and for it to be awkwardly reinforced by random units depending on the day like in CC5 when you used that malfunctioning button, the Germans could then be set as weak with few troops for the first day or two and then receiving reinforcements through out the campaign.

-More room for new BGs too and teams  Wink  

-Locked slots for BGs representing smaller units maybe? kinda like LSA. I actually liked the way the beach BGs from CC5 were just a minor formation allowing for them to be overwhelmed rather easy and letting the campaign to progress inland instead of being stagnated on the first few rows of maps, I guess you guys needed all the BG slots so that's why we had full BGs defending the beaches in GJS, but now I think you could spare at least 3 german BGs to be weak so the allies don't get bogged down for too long?

-On the same vein of reinforcements, I don't know much specific details about the battle but the same, if some BG's were fighting already then received x quantity of some weapon/vehicle/team later on it can be accurately represented with out said BG be at full force since day 1, so you could have weak BG's that get stronger later on.

-Will you be upgrading any other stuff like sounds, tank graphics, unit compositions etc?

Looking forward the final stage of the mod.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
yeh... I've always loved the end of Battle crashes on CCV/GJS... it would spoil it if you could play properly and supply rules worked correctly and The paras landed at night and you could play in a window and they will never make anything as good as my Ford Pinto.

Thats absolutely not the point I was making. With the implementation of the supply and disband rules, it could greatly effect the balance of the GC.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

I thought I would make it for you

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:18 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Great news...with GJS getting ported...I'm hoping it won't take long for Dima (and team) to port TRSM...best of both worlds!  Very Happy

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:58 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Great news...with GJS getting ported...I'm hoping it won't take long for Dima (and team) to port TRSM...best of both worlds!  Very Happy

Yup, would love to see that!

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Great news!

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Tejszd- can't estimate a date right now.  I'm amazed I'm up and running, and as you know there's a lot of subtlety to sort out.  My feeling is that there's been solid improvements to the series, and porting this mod over has really highlighted this to me.  I'm still deciding where I draw the line in terms of "leaving as is" or modifying slightly to embrace/blend with the new features. Crux of problem is that the grand campaign was thoroughly tested and tinkered with for h2h balance, and the more I modify, the more I potentially destabilize it. Hence, may release as 'beta' and let everyone have at it.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Whats going to be different in the TLD GJS in terms of vehicle and troop data?

I would say the gameplay will be a complete turn around. Mainly because of the disband penalties and supply rules all in effect (and most people will not play with morale on btw). To know if this turn around is good would require the GC to be tested and changed if it needs to be. Lets not rush to any GJS is better because its on TLD conclusions without looking into it.

Vehicle and troop data-- I'm inclined to leave as is if it continues to make sense with tLD exe. Minor inaccuracies will get fixed.

Can you clarify what you mean by disband penalties and supply rules?  Supply is actually working here so far, never did 100% of time in old GJS.

No one has to rush to make their own conclusions, and it remains to be seen how the GC will turn out in the end, but for single battles-- no question GJS on tLD is a SIGNIFICANT improvement.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: My body is ready Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Oh wow this got me pretty excited as GJS is my favorite mod, what CC5 should have been IMO. Got some stuff I would like to share/ask:

... the Germans could then be set as weak with few troops for the first day or two and then receiving reinforcements through out the campaign.

-More room for new BGs too and teams  Wink  

-Locked slots for BGs representing smaller units maybe? ...I think you could spare at least 3 german BGs to be weak so the allies don't get bogged down for too long?

-On the same vein of reinforcements, ... said BG be at full force since day 1, so you could have weak BG's that get stronger later on.

-Will you be upgrading any other stuff like sounds, tank graphics, unit compositions etc?

So many options. Haven't decided on any of this yet. I'm not even sure how many turns/per day to have. Yep, could be a whole new game. But what to do?  If I had the time and money, would develop a whole new set of 64 maps, new BGs, etc. Life is short.  

Might brush up a couple tank graphics, definitely new plane graphics and shadows. Sounds and some voice cues will be upgraded.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Assuming that the GC stays the same, how many turns per day do people want?

Keep it at 2 turns per day with a night round on the first day only?

Or...more?  GC was designed with two turns per day.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Yeh that sounds good... throw in the night turn for the para drop then go with what you know works.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

I vote for more night turns...not just the para drop opening turn.
IIRC there were night actions/battles around Caen.
Some predetermined limited night battles in the campaign should be fun...

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
I vote for more night turns...not just the para drop opening turn.
IIRC there were night actions/battles around Caen.
Some predetermined limited night battles in the campaign should be fun...

Can you assign night turns to specific days? I thought it was all days have night turns or neither has.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: