Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Who needs the same mod for more than two versions of CC?

The UNDERSTATEMENT of the DECADE   Exclamation    Laughing

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
People were happy with GJS4.4 on CC5, and are still playing it 11 years later

i'm not , along with a lot of others.

i don't even have the bug ridden joke that was CC5 installed on my PC anymore now that there are versions that actually work.

The last version of WaR i played the GC on was with the 07b retail patch.

very solid and behaved as I expected.

Once tLd patch comes out of beta it should be ok too.... if anyone tests it.

LSA.... another year and it will be ready for a re-release that will delight us all with it's expanded feature llist. (Although I played a nice stable H2H GC with 21b patch.. it was just not representative of the market garden battle I've read about and had a few gameplay quirks)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

While I am not very happy with everything Re-release related.I am happy playing WAR.
Will be even Happier Once/If they fix everything.
That being said a New GJS is a good thing.

Will this update take advantage of the expanded 64 slots for Maps with a new Strategic map?

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:41 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Creating a new strategy map with 64 maps would also require a complete overhaul of the campaign.

Of course it would be amazing but its not feasible (if we want to see this mod released within the current millennium, that is).

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

My point of view is to only convert it to one zombie, not two or three.

Quote:
- disband and supply rules do not work correctly

The way it works now in CC4/CC5, actually works. In the zombies its basically a new element not a fixed one. If it was never mentioned in the CC4/5 manuals it may have never been implemented in the zombies.

I don't think supply is broken in the vanilla version. There are supply rules broken in some mods though, like single barrel depots not functioning.

Quote:

TLD also provides multiple new features such as larger BGs, Night battles, supply drops, multiple turns per day. All of which can be used to improve the GJS experience.

Any one of these new elements, the new disband rules, anything new from LSA will make GJS a new game. The experience and balance will change immensely. The maps and unit data are probably the only thing that can stay the same in a conversion. I suppose there is much more work than meets the eye here.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Atilla

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Just to put a bit of oil on the flames...   Wink

GJS on LSA would be a major project. Just wondering: would this be worth the time needed to do this?
If so, why would it be worth it? What features of LSA would benefit GJS, and why?

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Atilla wrote (View Post):

GJS on LSA would be a major project. Just wondering: would this be worth the time needed to do this?
If so, why would it be worth it? What features of LSA would benefit GJS, and why?

Blowing up Pegasus bridge...???  Twisted Evil

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Atilla wrote (View Post):

the damn overlap of each unit! that's the big thing I always hated about CC lol
other than that... not much...

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

The new strategic features of LSA would add a whole new level of depth to GJS-

-Merging, swaping and stacking BGs

-Being able to enter a map from two different locations with 2 different BGs

The supply and reinforcement rules in LSA are also much more well developed.

Atilla

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:45 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
Blowing up Pegasus bridge...???

I Like blowing up things  Twisted Evil

Quote:
The new strategic features of LSA would add a whole new level of depth to GJS-

-Merging, swaping and stacking BGs

-Being able to enter a map from two different locations with 2 different BGs

The supply and reinforcement rules in LSA are also much more well developed.

Quess that's the kind of features I'd like to see very much in GJS. I'm new to LSA so I'll first check out what's possible, and what not. ATM, TLD seems to be more finished than LSA for sure.

Cathartes; what's the status of your work? Should I re-install TLD already? Wink

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
LSA.... another year and it will be ready for a re-release that will delight us all with it's expanded feature llist. (Although I played a nice stable H2H GC with 21b patch.. it was just not representative of the market garden battle I've read about and had a few gameplay quirks)
 Shocked   Shocked
im at a loss for words andrew.....and for me thats saying alot.

thanks for the update Carthartes....i can hardly wait.
Atilla....nice to hear from you  Very Happy

i think GJS for TLD will be great. i think as some say that the game WILL be a bit different, because the retreat, supply and disband rules will work. i dont think this is a bad thing for GJS.

Davidss's GT 2.0 mod [ the Caen to bauyeux sub mod ]  is very similar to GJS.........it lacks the strat map, which is its biggest down fall, but the weapon and vehicle data is really good, like GJS [ thanks Dima  Very Happy  ..i believe? ] and the retreat and supply and disband all work. you pretty much have to play with morale on to get the retreats to work as they should. with it off you will get disbanded in allot of cases and thats not really good.
because the retreats work, what you have to be carefull of is that you either dont have a BG directly behind your fighting BG or that you have an escape VL to a map that is empty, other wise you could get disbanded. thats what will be different in GJS TLD and is one of the things that LSA has over TLD and WAR..the ability to stack BG"s.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Wittmann81

Rep: 11.2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

TLD was a big disappointment, since it could not compare to CCV GJS 4.4. But a (more) stable version of GJS 4.4 for TLD will be heaven on earth. Simply the best think that has happened since bread and butter.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
but the weapon and vehicle data is really good, like GJS [ thanks Dima    ..i believe? ]

IIRC stock TLD data from CW sector is in fact GJS 4.4 data Smile.
GT uses TRSM data Wink.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:

IIRC stock TLD data from CW sector is in fact GJS 4.4 data.

maybe they started with it, but they are fairly different.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Lebisey Woods map in progress:

leb1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.69 KB
 Viewed:  8447 Time(s)

leb1.jpg

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

REALLY looking great, Cathartes!!!  Keep up the awesome work, man.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:36 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

RD_overkenshin and i have our hands up for testing when u are ready Cathartes hope its going ok?

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

progress slow recently due to day job.  still alive & working on mod.  new Leb map has taken bulk of time, but think it will be worth it.

here's a quick peak at one of 21 Pz's captured French halftracks:

frogtrack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.07 KB
 Viewed:  8630 Time(s)

frogtrack.jpg

tigercub

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:19 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Thx for the update, day job....Hell people work still....Smile.   is the 105mm SP in the 21pz still.....

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
is the 105mm SP in the 21pz still.....

ya  mon!

105.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.9 KB
 Viewed:  8584 Time(s)

105.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: