Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Yes you can

From campaaign txt

# Night turn? 0 or 1 (for yes or no), one entry per day
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Quote:
I vote for more night turns...not just the para drop opening turn.
IIRC there were night actions/battles around Caen.
Some predetermined limited night battles in the campaign should be fun...

if you can guarantee that the BG's will be in the right place at the right time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Hey schrecken, you think that a "night" flag would be too difficult to implement? kinda like winter flag, except if true, night teams perform as if it was day or something like that or rather make night fighting fright soldiers more and night teams may be exempted of that penalty.

Night has no use if you can't take advantage of it.

PS. winter affecting vehicles will be enabled again? different skins for different weather?

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

As it is now you can move your teams around with less chance of discovery and when seen weapon accuracy is reduced.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Wow...so happy to hear this is up and running  Very Happy

I also think it would be cool to implement night battles if possible and somewhat historically accurate.

With regards to the troop and vehicle data. This is a winning formula already and no need to change it unless you must (except to correct any previous inaccuracies as you mentioned).

Although one thing i feel about the original GJS is that vehicles such as halftracks are extremely vulnerable to mortar fire. Does anyone else agree?

Good luck Cathartes and thank you i think from the whole CC5 community!

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

TLD can also allow the British para troops to start at random locations on the Merville battery and Pegasus bridge maps during the first night turn, right?

Is this something you will make use of?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:05 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

More maps, more maps, more masp, mor empas!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

GJS for TLD  Very Happy  
when its ready ..will it load like GT with its own executable and shortcut???

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

At the moment there is two ways to Load mods.

1. Using Berndt's Brilliant Installer which installs the files to a sub-folder and not altering the stock game .. this doesn't change the exe.  ....  H2H can be played if you swap IP addresses

2. using modswap which works similarly to config manager.. this can change the exe but is not compulsory.. This also allows games to be launched on GameRanger for H2H play

3. of course if there are two ways , then there is a third... you can manually copy in mod files.. Fraught with danger and may corrupt your installation...  H2H can be launched on GameRanger.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

thanks schrecken..........so im guessing that GT1.6 used to use method one and now uses method 2 becuase of GR. i have to get the mod swap program i guess.

gone are the days of the config manager and plugins i take it.  Confused

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:16 am Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Config manager doesn't work and unfortunately is no longer supported

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
TLD can also allow the British para troops to start at random locations on the Merville battery and Pegasus bridge maps during the first night turn, right?

Is this something you will make use of?

Si!  Happens by default, feature of TLD.

BerndN

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Good news indeed!

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Don't you need to edit the VL's to allow for random deployments to occur? I think David had to do it for GT mod, not sure though.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

I think David had to Un-edit the VL's as they were coded as fixed not random.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

Random drops at Merville and Pegasus may not be a good idea ... since Allies sometimes deploy in German positions (for example: in Merville bunkers and in Pegasus buildings. There is no way to have Allies never land in certain zones (where you wouldn't want them to) ... with random drops enabled.
It does work well for other AB maps though, that don't have areas specific to one side.

For Ground Tactics ... I just moved the single fixed deployment zone (for the Allies) to another nearby location, for a bit of variety compared to the stock version of TLD.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:18 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

That would be a nice feature wouldn't it ... A "don't land here VL" marker

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

still tinkering away trying to get some of the art files to properly match up.  lots of other small loose ends in the data that affect how force morale is calculated.  If this is too tedious, may just release with other loose ends as "beta"status.  hopefully before Xmas.

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
yeh... I've always loved the end of Battle crashes on CCV/GJS... it would spoil it if you could play properly and supply rules worked correctly and The paras landed at night and you could play in a window and they will never make anything as good as my Ford Pinto.

schrecken, you are a funny bastard.    Laughing

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for tLD Reply with quote

What are those "loose ends" you're talking about Cathartes? maybe they have been solved by other people.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: