Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1215
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:03 am Post subject: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

I'm about to start a H2H GC with the latest beta patch - I have never played the game. Anything I should know in particular regarding the general balance of the campaign? What are your recommended settings (timer, difficulty, ...)?

Also, two additional questions:

1. Would you recommend agreeing on a "point cap" house rule, such as the one described by davidssfx here?

2. Is Ground Tactics v1.8 compatible with WaR's latest beta patch? Is is recommended to use it?

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Hi,
In my opinion ...

Force Strength:
"Line"

Realism Ratings:
Put a check mark beside (activate) ... for both sides "Never Act On Own Initiative"
Leave the rest of the boxes unchecked in this settings area

Battle Ends...
Check mark all of these ... and use a 15 min timer

Amgot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:17 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. What do you think about using your point cap rule for a WaR GC? And is GT 1.8 compatible with the latest beta patch?

Quote:
Battle Ends...

I don't like playing with Morale on. But does playing with Morale off seriously unbalances the GC?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't like playing with Morale on. But does playing with Morale off seriously unbalances the GC?

no, it does not at all Smile.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Amgot wrote (View Post):
Thanks for your reply. What do you think about using your point cap rule for a WaR GC? And is GT 1.8 compatible with the latest beta patch?

Quote:
Battle Ends...

Hi,

1. My preference is to use the points cap rule ... and it would work for a GC (although I don't own WaR).

2. I think there needs to be a specific version of GT 1.8 for WaR ... Schrecken may eventually update the WaR version. He would be the one to ask though ... since he converted the GT ModInstaller version into a Plugin version.

3. Morale "ON" isn't required for a  balanced Campaign.
But in GT 1.8,  ... BG's don't recycle. So with Morale "ON" ... they will Retreat back to a friendly map (under certain conditions). I think Retreat is an excellent feature ... but only works with Morale. I guess it just depends on what you prefer.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:11 am Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

GT 1.8 for WaR is uploading now.

I updated it and ran through a few baatles and it seems fine.

please report any problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Amgot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the advice guys!

@ Schrecken: could you point me to where I can download GT 1.8 for WaR?

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

please report any problems.

mod.ini is missing reference to "GT Objective Bayeux"
This line needs to be added:

GT Objective Bayeux=\data\CAMPAIGN\

Thanks

Amgot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

So, if I understand correctly, Ground Tactics is a mod primarily aimed at TLD but it also works for WaR. I assume that it only brings to WaR the same gameplay modifications that it brings to TLD (less powerful mortars, ...). But there are no forcepools corrections like in TLD, right?

Also, I couldn't find it in the Downloads section. Can someone point me to where I can download it?

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Amgot wrote (View Post):
So, if I understand correctly, Ground Tactics is a mod primarily aimed at TLD but it also works for WaR. I assume that it only brings to WaR the same gameplay modifications that it brings to TLD (less powerful mortars, ...). But there are no forcepools corrections like in TLD, right?

Also, I couldn't find it in the Downloads section. Can someone point me to where I can download it?

Hi,
About Ground Tactics (GT) in WaR:
Yes, GT is a TLD mod ... schrecken converted TLD GT 1.6 to WaR. I don't own WaR, so am not sure what exactly has been done. The download file is large ... so it seems you get to play TLD by owning just WaR ... when using the GT mod for WaR.

schrecken mentioned that he was considering updating the WaR version of GT (to the final GT version 1.9) sometime in the new year.

Since both TLD and WaR do not have final official  patches ... there are some mods that work only with certain patches. So you need to pay attention to this.
Once the official patches are released ... (and mods updated to reflect changes) then it will be much easier for players.

Until then, I suggest the patch version (that is required), be listed alongside each mod (in the download section).
This would at least make it easier for players to sort things out until everything is finalized.
for example:
TLD Ground Tactics mod version 1.9 - Compatible with beta patch 5.50.11b

Here is a Matrix link
http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/

Amgot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:01 am Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info, davidssfx. I'm curious about which of GT features are active in the WaR version of GT but I'm sure Andrew will give us more details when he gets the 2.0 ModSwap version out.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

All of them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 am Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

With one of the WAR patches TLD features were added to WAR to allow mods to work on either game....

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am Post subject: Re: Recommendations for a balanced GC Reply with quote

Actually...

The causeway map is a little smaller as WaR can't handle the Full sized maps.

hmm... is there anything else?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: